Your Political Party

Not sure if this poll has been conducted yet. I tried to search for one and I couldn't find any and I don't remember one in old FoH.

This thread isn't meant to rustle jimmies or determine what party is best and why.

I'm just curious as to the overall political alignment of FoH. I feel like there are a large number of libertarians here, but I can't be sure. If that's true, that's rather interesting as you don't see that very often. Either way, I hope we can refrain from name calling and mud-slinging. I really am here to conduct a survey and nothing more. Which I know might be difficult because this is a message board first and not a survey tool, but here's to hoping.

I put up the major parties, but if yours is not included then I apologize.

And apologies to anyone outside the United States, by the way. Feel free to join in on the discussion in whatever means that apply to you.

EDIT: Fuck. Some good points have been raised already in regards to: what is the criteria for your vote supposed to be based on. With that being said, I would recommend you vote not based on the top current candidates of every party, but rather that your vote be based on which party you find to be best suited to your overall ideologies.

Algiz

N00b
I wish FoH hadn't been blow'd up, the train wreck from the last time someone tried this was pretty interesting.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are we supposed to pick the one that applies the best, the one we vote for, or bitch that you didn't include independent so we can argue about what special snowflakes we are?

Just need to know the ground rules.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
These threads work well with a quiz that tells you what party matches you best. For communities like this it usually ends up being the green party.

The other complication is that it's difficult to mentally separate which party best represents you and which party you support in elections. Because of the first pass the poll voting system we have in the US these are often two different things.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
"None of your damned business. Get off my lawn, boy."

Too funny not to go that way.
smile.png

These threads work well with a quiz that tells you what party matches you best. For communities like this it usually ends up being the green party.

The other complication is that it's difficult to mentally separate which party best represents you and which party you support in elections. Because of the first pass the poll voting system we have in the US these are often two different things.
Good point. I edited that clause into the original post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are we supposed to pick the one that applies the best, the one we vote for, or bitch that you didn't include independent so we can argue about what special snowflakes we are?

Do what I do when it comes to election time and my choice isn't on the ballot:

Write it in.
wink.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Imagine a libertarian party whose candidates weren't all ideological hypocrites on social issues and whose candidates didn't all run as Republicans. Wouldn't that be a sight.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Monarchist. This revolutionary rabble is collapsing, soon we shall revert to our proper government.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mostly vote Democrat. I'll vote Green when I think the Democrat candidate is safely winning, or if the Green has a real chance to win. I don't fully agree with the Green's platform, but I identify with it more closely than Democrats. Either, to me, is better than a Republican winning (in 99% of cases).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I figured it meant which party you areregisteredas....what the fuck is the point otherwise? I vote 68% Democratic but I'm registered independent? Plus that thing about there being a lot of libertarians here, I'm guessing most of them aren't registered with that party.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Which is the pro-universal health care, pro-gun, pro-choice, anti-union, fuck religion, anti-war, pro-universal education, pro-gay party?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i am pro-equal marriage, pro gun, pro capital punishment, pro death panel, anti-union, anti-social projects for ethnicity, gender, and other fucked up welfare, pro progressive tax, pro capitalist.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Which is the pro-universal health care, pro-gun, pro-choice, anti-union, fuck religion, anti-war, pro-universal education, pro-gay party?
The Green Party.http://www.ontheissues.org/Green_Party.htmOther than your anti-union thing. But unions aren't the problem, the way many are run is the problem. If the choice was between what we have now, and no unions - well, that's an easy choice, even if I don't like what we have now.

I'm still looking for that party myself...

Libertarian Party comes close for me, but a lot of people will disagree with that and I understand why.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I figured it meant which party you areregisteredas....what the fuck is the point otherwise? I vote 68% Democratic but I'm registered independent? Plus that thing about there being a lot of libertarians here, I'm guessing most of them aren't registered with that party.
Where is this alleged registry?! I suck at politics.

Can I register for corporate plutocracy? I, for one, welcome our special interest overlords.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Adebisi pretty much covered my other although I'm middle of the road on unions -oonly anti-lobbyist that overlaps with the big uunions some.