Your Political Party

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Theoretical libertarians could come close to that. But actual libertarian candidates and representatives are basically never pro-universal healthcare, pro-universal education, pro-gay rights, pro-choice, or anti-religion.

The Green Party.http://www.ontheissues.org/Green_Party.htmOther than your anti-union thing. But unions aren't the problem, the way many are run is the problem. If the choice was between what we have now, and no unions - well, that's an easy choice, even if I don't like what we have now.
I'm anti-union, but I think you're right in that it's not really the problem. I think government interference is largely responsible for the dismantling of union efficiency. Again, just my observation.

Theoretical libertarians could come close to that. But actual libertarian candidates and representatives are basically never pro-universal healthcare, pro-universal education, pro-gay rights, pro-choice, or anti-religion.
Couldn't agree more. Although I think theaveragelibertarian identifies him or herself to be in agreeance with those stances. The exception being anti-religion. I think most endorse separation of church and state, but support the free practice of any religion.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the democrats are busing people in to boost their numbers.

I voted libertarian reluctantly, I believe in dismantling the US as it stands and making it more of like old Europe so the PNW can break off and become amazing and my tax dollars won't goto fund Merlin s kids.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I skimmed Wiki on it. Seems it predates the tea party significantly but it most certainly is a far right christian organization backed party with a history of pro life stances.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
They're like Libertarians except with a larger helping of religious extremism and xenophobia.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The libertarian party is basically the living embodiment of cognitive dissonance. The constitution party is like the tea party yes, their 2012 candidate was a fearmonger and corporate whore in Virginia. I'm curious to see how the Justice Party does in the future. Their platform is similar to the Green Party without sounding so much like the incapable Occupy movement.

But without a change to how votes are counted and how much money people can spend on campaigns, all the minority parties are doomed to irrelevance.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Im with Adebisi, except I am not completely anti-union. I am a member of the UAW and while I support my union, theres a few people who run the local one I am a part of that I do not support. Unions were for fair wages and steady work among other things so the corporation couldnt just do as they please. But a lot of the people running the unions these days will easily give in to the corporate side of things it seems.

The libertarian party is basically the living embodiment of cognitive dissonance.The constitution party is like the tea party yes, their 2012 candidate was a fearmonger and corporate whore in Virginia. I'm curious to see how the Justice Party does in the future. Their platform is similar to the Green Party without sounding so much like the incapable Occupy movement.

But without a change to how votes are counted and how much money people can spend on campaigns, all the minority parties are doomed to irrelevance.
How so?

As a libertarian, I'm not offended by that question in any way. I'm just curious as to how you've drawn that conclusion.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm registered independent, tend to be sympathetic to republic candidates, and have recently have tended to vote Democrat.

If my party could start producing politicians that I want to vote for -- that would be great.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
"Government can't do anything right! We are running for political office to change that!"
Can't change anything from the outside either but as Sandman said, it's more of just a minimizing of government and not some high school anarchist wet dream.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Imagine a libertarian party whose candidates weren't all ideological hypocrites on social issues and whose candidates didn't all run as Republicans. Wouldn't that be a sight.
You can't really blame them for running as Republicans. The deck is stacked against any 3rd party candidates. You can't get into debates etc. as a third party candidate.

I figured it meant which party you areregisteredas....what the fuck is the point otherwise? I vote 68% Democratic but I'm registered independent? Plus that thing about there being a lot of libertarians here, I'm guessing most of them aren't registered with that party.
You don't register as a party member in all states.

Personally, I don't believe in identifying as a party member. It just gives you an excuse to stop thinking. Currently I just vote for whomever is on the ballot without an R or a D by their name. If I thought they had a chance of winning I would start putting more thought into which one I would choose. I would have voted for Jill Stein in 2012 if she had been on the ballot in Montana but she wasn't so I voted for Gary Johnson.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
You can't really blame them for running as Republicans. The deck is stacked against any 3rd party candidates. You can't get into debates etc. as a third party candidate.
They could run as Democrats, since ideologically consistent Libertarians are just as close to being Democrats as they are Republicans, if not closer. The reason they choose to run as Republicans is because they're generally hypocrites when it comes to social issues.