12 year olds stab friend to prove Slender Man is real

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my option wasnt death. it was a nice long stint behind bars. like 18-20+ years. you guys want to let them have a few months in some kind of rehab anger management program and then let them back out on the street because they deserve a childhood and didnt really understand what they were doing (even though they totally did)

Fyro

Golden Squire
my option wasnt death. it was a nice long stint behind bars. like 18-20+ years. you guys want to let them have a few months in some kind of rehab anger management program and then let them back out on the street because they deserve a childhood and didnt really understand what they were doing (even though they totally did)
Your reading comprehension is almost as bad as your trolling.

No one in this thread has offered up the idea of letting the girls off with a slap on the wrist and getting back to their wonderful childhood. The only point of contention has been whether to try them as adults or as children in the juvenile system. No one here thinks they should walk free. Don't conflate juvenile court system with care-bear-children-are-love-and-peace crap.

Its been stated multiple times that these individuals need to serve their time when tried and convicted of guilt (which they are most definitely.)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Gaige and trollface will be happy to know a 13 yr old can be considered an adult. All she has to do is plot a murder.

Is there a list of other things that can make a girl legal to fuck before the calendar says it's time?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I guess we won't know till sam gets arrested again and tries to get the court to consider his under aged prostitute an adult because she gave him a discount if he'd kill her pimp.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
you guys want to let them have a few months in some kind of rehab anger management program and then let them back out on the street because they deserve a childhood and didnt really understand what they were doing (even though they totally did)
Who said that?

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
If these kids are sent to juvenile detention for the next 6 years, they will come out as the most incredibly disturbed and dangerous individuals you could hope to meet. Juvenile centers are no picnic and the correction system's prolific use of solitary confinement on children, which is classified as torture (thanks NPR!), will completely shatter any hope of rehabilitation these children had. So if they are sent away to such a facility it should be as a permanent solution.

Not all juvenile detention programs are like mini prisons however, and some are actually trying to integrate the kids into the communities they will be housed in. If they wind up in one of these programs, then there is a very real chance they might reach a stable enough state to return to society.

Punitive isolation and confinement really creates more problems than it solvesIFyou ever intend on releasing the prisoner. If you don't, fine keep them restrained and sedated 90% of the time, it matters little except for budgetary reasons.

So yeah we should have two versions of prison. On the one hand you get supermax and on the other you get a work farm, with counselling, vocational training resources, and community integration if possible. If you send anyone to a lockdown facility, it really should be for life or not at all.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That's why I support the death penalty for minors. Get it over with now.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's Wisconsin so they've got a good honest shot at not ending up at a mini-prison. I've toured a couple different facilities over the years and it could all work out.

It could also not.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't understand what rehab will accomplish with this case. They'll never work at any reasonably meaningful company, never integrate into any meaningful social circles, likely never get any secondary education except online colleges. I mean best case they can be motivational speakers on the dangers of trying to kill your friends as a preteen. That's the reality with shit like this. This doesn't go away like a possession charge from eight years ago that can explain you had a rut after a vicious divorce to your interviewer. Thankfully criminal past isn't a protected class yet...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait till these girls get out and make friends with, some opinions in this thread, now 20-30 year old daughters. What would be your opinion then? You all good with that? Cause I am sure as fuck not.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When young kids like this get in situations where they will spend most of their lives in prison, it be neat if we did education experiments on them.

Test out Clockwork Orange-like training regimes, Venture Brother-esque "learn in your sleep" devices, mental clarity enhancing drugs, etc and see how bad ass of an engineer you can mold them into.

If they end up being viable keep them locked up and use the fruits of their skills generate revenue to give them a better quality of life.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand what rehab will accomplish with this case. They'll never work at any reasonably meaningful company, never integrate into any meaningful social circles, likely never get any secondary education except online colleges. I mean best case they can be motivational speakers on the dangers of trying to kill your friends as a preteen. That's the reality with shit like this. This doesn't go away like a possession charge from eight years ago that can explain you had a rut after a vicious divorce to your interviewer. Thankfully criminal past isn't a protected class yet...
So then what's your solution? Euthanize them? Even if they're tried as adults they'll be out of prison by their early to mid 20's I would think. At that point they'll be right back out in society, and have far less of a chance not ending up being a burden on society in one way or another than if they'd gone through a comprehensive rehabilitation in the juvenile system. As far as society is concerned, no one benefits if from locking them up and not at least trying to give them help.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So then what's your solution? Euthanize them? Even if they're tried as adults they'll be out of prison by their early to mid 20's I would think. At that point they'll be right back out in society, and have far less of a chance not ending up being a burden on society in one way or another than if they'd gone through a comprehensive rehabilitation in the juvenile system. As far as society is concerned, no one benefits if from locking them up and not at least trying to give them help.
The solution as a society is to make a half-hearted effort to have a juvenile corrections system but not be able to really rehabilitate because of budgetary reasons. Ultimately not enough of the electorate cares about dangerous youth (aka almost always poor youth) to spend the amount of money on corrections (and also education, welfare etc etc).

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Do we know their names? Cause generally juvenile records are sealed. So I don't see how it would impact the rest of their lives unless they kept on committing crimes.

Even if they're tried as adults they'll be out of prison by their early to mid 20's I would think.
More like mid forties unless the laws in that state are significantly different than most other states.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when you try a juvenile as an adult their names are not protected, if however the names are not being released in media, its more or less the media holding back because nobody wants to be "that guy" who outs some delicate snowflake children.

spronk

FPS noob
we need to partition america into Red America and Blue America. all the West and East is Blue America. The Midwest, South, and Texas is Red America. Canada joins Blue America, which basically becomes Europe + China in terms of market and social philosophy. Red America becomes Christian Afghanistan. For a 1 year window people can relocate, after that walls go up and no one crosses.

Now anyone who breaks any serious law in Blue America is exiled to Red America, where they work as farm laborers or toilet cleaners or whatever the fuck they need to return to a religious, non-science based society. Blue America slowly turns into beige colored Eloise who have their society run by AI's while they fuck each others brains out, have abortion parties, and live hedonistic lives. Red America turns into Morlocks who want to kill the Eloise but can't get past the superior tech.

My name is Arnold Schwarzenegger, and this is my vision for America in 2030. Vote President Predator.