Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How does that answer my question about how many episodes they're planning on making of this?
Unless they specifically said differently, I think it was the Arkansas River that they may have passed and they are making ground quicker than what we think or they are alluding to. They could also stay in Texas for about the entirety of the show. Guess I shouldnt have quoted you - but I do think a lot of people Ive talked too about this show forgot that Texas used to be a monster of a state, more so than it is now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unless they specifically said differently, I think it was the Arkansas River that they may have passed and they are making ground quicker than what we think or they are alluding to. They could also stay in Texas for about the entirety of the show. Guess I shouldnt have quoted you - but I do think a lot of people Ive talked too about this show forgot that Texas used to be a monster of a state, more so than it is now.
Oh, well, maybe read my post. It was the Brazos River which is only about 50 miles from Fort Worth. Which I'm fine with taking time (they probably only move a couple miles a day), but they've had a ton of people die.

Also, the Yellowstone area would come before Oregon. It's not the Oregon Territory in 1883, it's the state of Oregon.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The timeline isn't meant to be entirely accurate. By 1883 Colorado has been a state for 7 years. There were at least 4 transcontinental rail lines by that time and the first train on the Northern Pacific line arrived in Livingston MT in January of 1883. There were certainly cattle drives from Texas up to Montana in the 1880s along the route in this show but actual wagon settlers by this time would have been unlikely. I think the date is more meant to allow for James to be a Civil War vet with a teenaged daughter. Clearly Texas is in Sheridan's sphere of knowledge so it's his prerogative to start the show there.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
things like the daughter knowing how to play piano (I imagine only the wealthy or musicians would in the 19th century)

I don't think that's necessarily inaccurate. Pianos were expensive, but they were a huge status symbol and they were basically the only form of in-home entertainment you could buy. For a girl learning to play the piano would be a pretty high priority as far as education goes. Not everyone had one, but most people who could afford it did. It was also a big thing in frontier saloons and pianos got packed into some real remote places.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think that's necessarily inaccurate. Pianos were expensive, but they were a huge status symbol and they were basically the only form of in-home entertainment you could buy. For a girl learning to play the piano would be a pretty high priority as far as education goes. Not everyone had one, but most people who could afford it did. It was also a big thing in frontier saloons and pianos got packed into some real remote places.
Clearly no fans of Lippy here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I like this show but they lack subtlety. The ending of latest episode could not have been telegraphed any more than it was lol.

• 1Worf

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I really liked this episode. The show so far is imperfect but still as good or better than anything else atm. You can almost predict what's going to happen when it's numbers are at our near the top. There articles will say something like, why 1883 perpetuates white supremacy, even though the struggles are universal.

Daidraco

I really liked this episode. The show so far is imperfect but still as good or better than anything else atm. You can almost predict what's going to happen when it's numbers are at our near the top. There articles will say something like, why 1883 perpetuates white supremacy, even though the struggles are universal.
From my experience, they can make articles using a coffee cup rolling off a table and relate that to white supremacy. Not really top of my reading list type of material, regardless of the episode.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gotta say, this might be one of my favorite shows in a long while.

There's just something about it that's clicking for me. I have almost no complaints.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Gotta say, this might be one of my favorite shows in a long while.

There's just something about it that's clicking for me. I have almost no complaints.
Its Isabel May. Thats what clicking for you.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually think it's the philosophical elements.

For instance, the scene where Faith Hill is saying she never would've imagined her life turning out the way it was (heavily implying that it would've been a nightmare to her younger self), but that she wouldn't trade it. Or the one in this episode talking to her daughter saying eventually you'll see things through her eyes, and she's sad for that.

There's been a ton of that and it doesn't feel forced. And man is it relevant at this stage of my life. I also imagine the stuff with Isabel May probably clicks really well with a younger audience who are just experiencing life and freedom for the first time.

The setting, Sam Elliot, and all that shit is just like icing on the cake.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Its a great show. The response dude gets though when he asks his wife where she's going felt like something ripped out of the pages of today. Damm dude just asked where she was going when it seems like an important thing to know considering the situation, nearby bandits, etc.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Its a great show. The response dude gets though when he asks his wife where she's going felt like something ripped out of the pages of today. Damm dude just asked where she was going when it seems like an important thing to know considering the situation, nearby bandits, etc.
I thought it was hilarious cause I was thinking the same thing. Like calm the fk down Faith, fk.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great show. This weeks episode was excellent with a gut punch ending. I mostly enjoy the dynamic between the immigrants and the Americans.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Its Isabel May. Thats what clicking for you.

Taylor Sheridan literally wrote the show around her. He would only consider writing/producing it if she was cast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'd love to see a parallel universe version when he let the studio cast it.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to see a parallel universe version when he let the studio cast it.
images

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users