Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Wow, that episode was straight cringe. It was bad enough that the next one may determine my level of interest in the series.

My issues, every single thing in the episode.

Hunky native that wants kissy face and saves the day. Hormone girl has father's approval to hit on locals only staying a day or two. Everything makes that same tough girl cry. The bandits easily catch lightening on her horse. Kill some bandits, don't bother keeping the horses or stuff. They could fix that next week I guess. Bring your daughter to a gunfight day. They've been wagon training for a few weeks now, apparently the immigrants are lazy retards. The cook takes off and didn't tell anyone after he was just told about the bandits. That makes sense.

Ok, one thing was fine. The storm coming in and being able to see it. It's a cool thing about plains. The tornado was just lazy bullshit. It would have been better just to have an actual nasty lightening storm that lasted for a good while. They are scarier to watch come in anyhow. If you needed to destroy stuff for the storyline you can get plenty of wind in those storms.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
They've race-mixed in previous episodes, why is this one the worst?
Pretty racist of you to take that take. It has nothing to do with that. It's set in 1883 and the parents are like, you go girl, hook up with whoever! It's hard to imagine parents that 'progressive' in 1883. Suspension of disbelief has some limits in a non marvel world.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Women strong! Except apparently for the last 200k years when the men took away their dreams and hopes.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Except when they dreamed about never having to fight in battle or when they hoped to never have to hunt sabretooth tigers.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The last few episodes of this show went really down hill. Don’t really care for a season 2 as of now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
This is getting worse by the episode. I had so much eye-rolling going on during this episode that I ended up looking like Marty Feldman when it was all over.

19448984.jpg

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This show is really boring. I'm not motivated enough to even shit on that hard.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I noped out when she started making out with indians. I know where this shit is going.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm always a critical asshole, obviously. But even my girlfriend is getting a bit meh on this. She said it's not quite as bad as The Walking Dead where she just started rooting for the zombies, but she's getting there.

Just silly stuff like the scene where the cowboy jokes he shouldn't have taught her to lasso.... My girlfriend was like "was that even a wild horse?" And I say no, just her's. And she's like someone had to teach her to loop a rope to guide her own horse?

Then later Lightning with the Yellow Bush is a pro horse wrangler and oh it was just weak callback to a previous funny line about teaching her to lasso and weaker setup for her being a pro at everything first time.

Shoot a buffalo with a revolver from the back of a galloping horse first time? Just takes a little girl power!

That's the funny thing. They're trying to highlight and value native ways and beliefs, but really shitting all over them by making everything easy and accessible to a white, western, city raised teenage girl.

The noble natives have mysterious beliefs that align them with the earth and nature and are so much more pure than white man ways... But the West has girl power that is a worthy counterpart!

It's like they're trying to link native ways and women's empowerment and don't realize it's just going to devalue native culture and beliefs. It's pretty awesome, actually.

At least they finally found tracks from 50 years of western wagon trains. So what would have been a neat moment revealing how many had gone before them just highlighted their incompetence as they were apparently bumbling around lost in Indian country.

Show would be better if/when Elsa dies, but too much plot armor? And too many wahmen will be pissed if they kill her because they made the show about how she's the most amazing Mary Sue west of the Mississippi.

The visuals are amazing, though. Just give me an hour of visuals with no dialog and no focus on the characters and I'd like it better.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Wow, that episode was straight cringe. It was bad enough that the next one may determine my level of interest in the series.

My issues, every single thing in the episode.

Hunky native that wants kissy face and saves the day. Hormone girl has father's approval to hit on locals only staying a day or two. Everything makes that same tough girl cry. The bandits easily catch lightening on her horse. Kill some bandits, don't bother keeping the horses or stuff. They could fix that next week I guess. Bring your daughter to a gunfight day. They've been wagon training for a few weeks now, apparently the immigrants are lazy retards. The cook takes off and didn't tell anyone after he was just told about the bandits. That makes sense.

Ok, one thing was fine. The storm coming in and being able to see it. It's a cool thing about plains. The tornado was just lazy bullshit. It would have been better just to have an actual nasty lightening storm that lasted for a good while. They are scarier to watch come in anyhow. If you needed to destroy stuff for the storyline you can get plenty of wind in those storms.
This.

The mom and dad on this show are from the same generation and culture as Ma and Pa Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie. But somehow we're supposed to find their behavior believable.

The notion that any pioneering white couple would just "yolo, you go girl" while their little blond daughter fucked her way through every cowboy and indian between Texas and Oregon... theres suspension of disbelief and then theres just what the fuck, no, thats not how any of this would have worked.

People still fucked, but god damn, somebody would have at least said the words "marriage" and "harlot" and "heathen subhuman savage"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well they do mention marriage with every dude shes slept with so far. But the whole narrative is just unbelieve and over the top.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fair enough that they said the word marriage, but only after the fact or without any kind of actual wedding or any suggestion that "wait you have to get married first, harlot"

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Faith Hill's character was 17 when pregnant with the girl, who is 18. How did that casting go? Nah, it's okay you're 55, Faith, the character is only 35, but women looked hella beat up back then.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Faith Hill's character was 17 when pregnant with the girl, who is 18. How did that casting go? Nah, it's okay you're 55, Faith, the character is only 35, but women looked hella beat up back then.
I want to know how that bitch made it to 18 and not married/pregnant already, she seems to hump any available cock within 10 miles, how did she make it this far?

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I want to know how that bitch made it to 18 and not married/pregnant already, she seems to hump any available cock within 10 miles, how did she make it this far?
In b4 she gets pregnant and gets some sort of abortion, cause female empowerment.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You must have missed the message of the show. Back homes is where civilization is, and that is where women are oppressed and cant do anything like fucking everything with a cock. Out here on the plains, women are free and can be strong aka whores.

• 1Like