2012 NFL Season

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Even if the Chargers dump Norv and AJ Smith I don't think a new GM will find all the talent they pissed away over the last decade. Chargers had some truly great fucking players. I don't think Norv is a GREAT coach but I wonder how much of the bed shitting is really his fault or AJ Smith's terrible personnel decisions.

Meachem was NEVER going to replace VJax and I'm not sure wtf they were thinking in that regard. Ryan Matthews and Malcolm Floyd aren't poor talents but they're each 1 grazed hit from IR. The offense is built around the old school deep ball with big, fast, tall receivers but Meachem will never live up to his potential and Floyd will be injured often.

As a Saints fan I really appreciate all the talent they've let slide our way and then they took the under achieving Meachem off our hands but that's some ultra shitty GM'ing...

Blows my mind how that team never won a championship in the last decade.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was worried sick about you Adam!

What you majoring in bro?

But yeah, suck it Daezuel. Remember when you predicted the Niners would go 3-13 before last season? You seem to have an eye for football! Oh, and the Rams suck. The Niners just felt bad for them so they took it easy!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Internet drama has been in surplus lately, almost as much as the Chargers front office drama! I wish Dallas could fire it's GM, imagine all the problems it would solve.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So has anyone read this shit about removing kick offs and games will start with a 4th and 15 and you have the choice between going for it and punting at your own 30 and this would happen after a team scores as well. The scoring team would get the ball back with a shot to go for it on 4th and 15 from their own 30.

Sterling

El Presidente
So has anyone read this shit about removing kick offs and games will start with a 4th and 15 and you have the choice between going for it and punting at your own 30 and this would happen after a team scores as well. The scoring team would get the ball back with a shot to go for it on 4th and 15 from their own 30.
Guess they're saying it's because kick returns are less safe than punts. Seems like a very drastic shift in the game though, don't think I'd like it.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
How long is Oakland going to be terrible? For the last two years I've been picking them as a dark horse for the AFC Playoffs, how many top-12 picks can you get and still suck?
It's going to take them years to recover from Al Davis' tyranny. If they leave the current coaching staff and GM in place you should see a turn around in a couple years.

Al started getting senile in his older age, drafting 2nd rate talent in the 1st round and running off good coaches. And anyone with half a brain will tell you the Carson Palmer deal was a complete joke. He's shown that he can still play but they gave up way to much to acquire him.

Should just have teams start at the twenty then for change of possession via score or at the start of the half. If inside the two minute warning (maybe three mins?) and behind you can go for an onside kick. Instead of that proposed retardation. Not that I think either option is better then actually kicking the ball off.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Maybe it makes me a dick but screw that new shit, and move the spot back to where it used to be on the kick off.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are you fucking serious? Yeah, I sure can't wait for the days of NFL scores that are 70 to 55.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't wait until Bill Belichick beats the Jets without the Jets ever having a single possession.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I hope Urlacher isn't out for the season
frown.png
He may be a little over rated but he contributes a lot to the Bears defense.

frown.png

frown.png

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Heard on sports talk radio today that Norv and GM for SD are not going to be back after the season.