2012 NFL Season

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Agreed, not a good look by the Boys'. He was goofin off as well, laughing and cutting it up. I get that he is a human being and he can't be miserable 24/7 - but get that stupid mother fucker off of my television please.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
you put way too much effort into revisiting the fact that i assumed the seahawks would need a really good record for a wild card spot.
If I recall correctly it was more about your argument that 11 wins somehow might not be enough to make the playoffs in the NFC...even though the number of 11 win teams that have ever not made the playoffs was something like 2 all time.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Brown's mother basically begged the team to forgive Brent. I only see that as them honoring her wishes.
I guess. He should be in jail though.

Story:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- On a day the Dallas Cowboys honored the late Jerry Brown with a moment of silence and a No. 53 decal on their helmets, Josh Brent was welcomed on the team's sideline for the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Brent, a third-year defensive tackle, was the driver in the alcohol-related, one-car accident that resulted in Brown's death. Brent is facing intoxication manslaughter charges. According to The Dallas Morning News, Brent registered a blood alcohol level of 0.18 -- more than twice the legal limit -- after the accident last weekend.

The team's decision to allow Brent on the sidelines created a stir on Twitter, including from CBS analyst Boomer Esiason, who is calling the game.

FUNERAL: Jerry Brown remembered in St. Louis

"Am I the only one that is wondering what in the world the Cowboysare thinking with Josh Brent on the sideline?," Esiason tweeted.

Brown, who was a member of the team's practice squad and Brent's college teammate at Illinois, was buried Saturday in St. Louis.

The Cowboys, who placed Brent on the non-football illness list this week, have pledged to continue to support him as he moves through the legal process. He was at the team's headquarters during the week and has been engaged with the Cowboys' counseling staff.

His presence on the sideline, wearing a sweatshirt and Cowboys ball cap, was another demonstration of the team's support.

At a memorial service Tuesday in Dallas, Brent accompanied Brown's mother, Stacey Jackson, who asked players to forgive Brent as she has for her son's death.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
Brown's mother basically begged the team to forgive Brent. I only see that as them honoring her wishes.
This.
The two had been friends for a while.
I doubt he can feel any worse regardless of how he is acting on the sidelines.
But the family of the deceased isn't persecuting him, there is no reason for anyone else that isn't a judge to do so.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Feels too much like "Murder your longtime friend and teamate through horribly gross, blatant negligence? Hey, no problem buddy!" to me, but whatever.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's no big deal to continue your career even if you kill somebody, just ask Ray Lewis!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
People usually don't make good decisions while drunk. I wish they put some onus on the clubs/bars and forced them to check people leaving to cut down on shit like that happening. I know cops hang out around big bar areas to stop it somewhat but you can't post a cop at every bar.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, Dez is a beast. Best Dallas offensive player this season. I thought for a second he was going to drop that fucking TD.

What absolutely bullshit defense by Dallas there.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
For the jackanapes in this thread who insist on calling Adrian Peterson "AP" (I'm looking at you Alex). Mostly because you sound like fucking idiots, but also to get you to stop calling him "AP".

https://twitter.com/AdrianPeterson

http://www.adrian-peterson.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Peterson

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2007/1...-believe-hype/

http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike...-peterson.html
We're using his initials, not his nickname, dumbass.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People usually don't make good decisions while drunk. I wish they put some onus on the clubs/bars and forced them to check people leaving to cut down on shit like that happening. I know cops hang out around big bar areas to stop it somewhat but you can't post a cop at every bar.
They have dramshop statutes that let people go after bars when things like this happen. The problem is in the modern bar in a big city on the weekend there so many people it is hard to prove the bartenders were even aware they were serving to somebody drunk.

They do. It's called the dram shop act. Not sure if it applies in this case, but there are grounds for liability for the bars out there if the prosecutors want to pursue it.