2012 NFL Season

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Ill risk the flames here, and Ill say JJ Watt.

The NFL has a QB bias towards MVP (understandably), but Watt has recorded some amazing numbers, especially since its only his 2nd year. I know he's not going to get it, especially after Houston's poor performance against NE, but itd just be nice not to fucking see Tom Brady. Theres still 3 games left and if Watt can rack up a few more blocks and sacks I think he has a decent shot.

If Watt doesnt at least get defensive MVP, then the outlook for future defensive MVPs is pretty grim.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ill risk the flames here, and Ill say JJ Watt.

The NFL has a QB bias towards MVP (understandably), but Watt has recorded some amazing numbers, especially since its only his 2nd year. I know he's not going to get it, especially after Houston's poor performance against NE, but itd just be nice not to fucking see Tom Brady. Theres still 3 games left and if Watt can rack up a few more blocks and sacks I think he has a decent shot.

If Watt doesnt at least get defensive MVP, then the outlook for future defensive MVPs is pretty grim.
He's a beast for sure. What about Andrew Luck? I think he's another guy in the up 5?!

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
The come back player of the year is a tough one. AP has a shot at 2000 yards after a late ACL tear and that shit is absolutely unheard of. Peyton on the other hand went to a new team and he's revamped that into his own offense again after a year off at his age and the fucked up neck thing.

This is another year where there's 2 outstanding guys that in ANY other year they would clearly be the winner. I had faith in Peyton all along but most RB's even in their absolute prime of their best year ever could do that AP is doing. Who blows out an ACL late in the year then runs like a scalded dog with 7 to 9 men in the box because they have a shitty QB? It doesn't even make sense.

I lean to AP for the MVP also for the same reason. He is straight up working magic. If he crosses the 2000 yards mark he should easily have both IMO.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should just give the MVP to Manning or AP, the one who doesn't win gets comeback player of the year. Done and done.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the most impressive thing about AP is teams put 8/9 in the box and focus to stop him and he still rips off chunks of yards.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are going to make the argument against Brady and for Manning with the "where would those teams be without him" crap....

....then the MVP goes to Luck. Both of the teams around Brady and Manning are eleventy billion percent better...and we remember how great the Colts were no?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Didn't AP get injured in the last game of the year or the second to last, how is that even eligible for come back player of the year? It wasn't like he had a shit year or was complete shit even if they don't require you to be injured at a certain point. Manning was out for the year and didn't even take a single snap the previous year.

Ok it was 12 games he played and 30 yards from 1k, the man would have easily had 1200-1300 yards and probably 15 TD (he had 12 when the injury happened) that is a solid season imo. Hell I would kill for a RB with those stats on the Cowboys (yeah yeah I know I know)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are going to make the argument against Brady and for Manning with the "where would those teams be without him" crap....

....then the MVP goes to Luck. Both of the teams around Brady and Manning are eleventy billion percent better...and we remember how great the Colts were no?
It's not just based on 1 thing... There are multiple factors in play.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such as?

It has always been a popularity contest based on a bunch of subjective shit which changes year to year. Most valuable to whom? Their team? The league? The media? It seems more of the latter than anything.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such as?

It has always been a popularity contest based on a bunch of subjective shit which changes year to year. Most valuable to whom? Their team? The league? The media? It seems more of the latter than anything.
I think general perception/media hype plays a big part of it. It's certainly not a perfect system either as the QB position is considered the most important position in the game. I think if you broke it down by player..

Brady-Beats all the top teams in the AFC. Games lost by total of 4 points, stats, etc..

Manning-Out whole year, teaches new offence to new receivers/rb an turning them into one of the top offenses in the league. 23rd last year, 4th this year

AP-Monster who runs when the entire D is focused on him all game. Without him they may only have 3 wins..Might make playoffs

Luck-worst team in NFL last year. but might make playoffs this year. decent stats but not like the other guys

I know i missed stuff. I havent watched all their games.. not even close..

Btw..which of those 3 have the most comeback wins this season?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That post is why I think the award is dumb. There are several guys who are all equally deserving, and to pick one people generally try to tear down the others in some way.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Goodell talking about how they are considering expanding the playoffs from 12 teams to 14 or 16 teams. I can see 8 (16 total) in each conference and gets rid of the first round byes but how would adding 1 team to the playoffs per conference? Would just the #1 seed get a first round bye and no one else?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That post is why I think the award is dumb. There are several guys who are all equally deserving, and to pick one people generally try to tear down the others in some way.
Of course.. I'm all for AP. Just b/c Luck will prob get Rookie of the year and AP has huge numbers ...the other 2 have MVP's. It's really hard to predict what team would be the worst if they lost those players. I would lean towards Colts/Vikes