2012 NFL Season

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Remember how some people were talking that AP doesnt deserve to be in the same conversation as Barry Sanders?

yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Remember how some people were talking that AP doesnt deserve to be in the same conversation as Barry Sanders?

I think it was just one person and everyone else was calling him a retard.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm Peterson's biggest fan and think he has a bit of work to do still before he gets Barry levels of love, but fuck if that 40 yard romp where he bounces off the lineman backwards and loops around the end while accelerating upfield through the middle of the D wasn't very reminiscent of some shit Sanders used to do us vikings fans back in the day.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Happy for Cousins. He was fantastic.
Yeah, he really played an excellent game. Great pocket presence, great accuracy, and smart with the ball against a pretty decent Browns D.

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't offer the Skins a second for him this offseason. That said, the Shanahan's might want to keep him around for insurance.

Baltimore is the worst playoff bound team in the league.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cousins and the Skins O came through today. He definitely missed some stuff but did a lot of positive things. RG3 might have put up 50 today. Feels great to control our own destiny. Hope Steelers take care of business against Dallas.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Jay Cutler is elite.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Bears will win their division

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Manning pretty much wrapped up the MVP today as well. I can't think of a team I'd rather play less right now than Denver. Seem to be peaking at the right time.

Also, with Houstons run d AD might go over 2k with a game to play this season.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Jay Cutler is elite.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Bears will win their division

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
What does Cutler have to do with you being absolutely wrong?

mimirswell_sl

shitlord
For posterity and with the power of google, I bring you Azeth mathematically eliminating the Seattle Seahawks in mid October.

Azeth_sl said:
also tonight is going to be great. we'll see how hard the 49ers offense bounces back and whether the seahawks can keep their momentum.

seahawks almost guaranteed out of the playoff hunt if they lose tonight. will need to go 11-5, 12-4 at worst for a wild card spot.
Grimmlokk_sl said:
As for the Seahawks, even with a loss they'll be ahead of half the NFC. Arizona and Minnesota are ahead of them, but they'll come back to the pack, though Green Bay will step in to one of those slots by the end
Adam12_sl said:
No one is almost guaranteed shit in week 7 (other than Cleveland, who are guaranteed to be shit in week 0), but apparently you're new to the NFL.
Azeth_sl said:
Either that or you don't bother paying attention to the NFC.

Seahawks are 0-2 in their division, and the packers for example are looking like a Wild Card team.

Leaving 1 probable spot.

Please tell us more about what I don't know.
Adam12_sl said:
Your argument is that 10 - 6 wont be good enough to get a wildcard spot. The odds of that being true are very small (not impossible, it happened to the Cassel Patriots), and impossible to predict in week 7.
Azeth_sl said:
God you're so goddamn obtuse. There have been 2 times in NFL history where 11 wins didn't cut it for playoff spots. Yes history is on your arguements side, and it's tough to predict, but instead of furiously pounding your keyboard take a look at who might be vying for wild card spots.
Azeth_sl said:
If the Seahawks lose tonight, they're 0-3 in the division. That's a wrap, and a fact.
Elurin_sl said:
This guy is clearly right. You'd have to go back very far in history to see a team who lost 3 division games who went to the playoffs.

I take you ALL the way back to the early 21st century, in the year 2011, with the New York "Football" Giants, who under a little known quarterback by the name of Elijah Manning, went 9-7 in the regular season and 3-3 in the division.
Azeth_sl said:
And prior to that? never happened
Disp_sl said:
Jesus fuck you're dumb Azeth. 30 seconds on ESPN I get 2011 Broncos 3-3 division - won division, Cincy 2-4 wildcard, 2010 Chiefs 2-4 won division, 2009 Jets 2-4 division wildcard, 2008 Philly 2-4 in division wildcard, Atlanta 3-3 in division wildcard.
Bunch of People_sl said:
Tons of teams that went to the playoffs with bad divisional records
Azeth_sl said:
i meant to go on to winning the SB, my bad.

also, none of this is relative regarding the current NFC with a shitload of teams that're good, and looking at not winning their division and then absorbing WC spots.
Mimirswell_sl said:
The sample size of super bowl winners (1 a year) means that we can infer very little about who goes on to win (outside of the obvious prerequisite of qualifying for the playoffs). Even winning every single game prior to the superbowl turns out to be a terrible predictor (50% the same random chance). So while you might have meant that, it's still dumb as fuck.
Azeth_sl said:
You're right, previous performance is wholly non indicative of current performance.

Did you proof read? Was anyone shocked when the Giants beat the perfect patriots?

You were if you hadn't watched any patriot or giants games prior to the SB. Next?
Mimirswell_sl said:
I didn't say that, I said we can "infer very little". It has minor predictive power; for example, the team with the best regular season record has won less than half of the time (22/46). The team with the worst regular season record but made it to the playoffs has won (4/46). However, after that, it's essentially random. Since your original post of regarding 3 divisional losses has only a moderate causal effect on overall record and overall record excluding the outlier cases is essentially random, your post was dumb, period.
Azeth_sl said:
You can't be serious. If the Seahawks go down 0-3 in the NFC West, they're fucked without an 11-5 record.

Spin it all you want, but take a look at the WC contenders.. again.
Waywatcher_sl said:
I'm pretty sure thinking you're a complete fucking moron is a strong opinion. One shared by everyone in this thread.
Azeth_sl said:
this thread is full of the most utter wastes of bandwidth i've probably ever seen in my life regarding football.

between you specifically, daezuel and the remainder of your brews I think I've seen a single football related post.
Note: Google cache doesn't save images so for example, all of Mario's posts are lost.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Because I know you're in pain right now, and its easier to simply kill you before arguing with you.

Always next year!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It blows my mind how many offenses don't get their asses to the line and snap the ball when the refs obviously fucked up a call that worked in the offense's favor.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
IN YO FACE

dannymean.gif

dannymean.gif

dannymean.gif