2013 NFL Season

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Injuries mostly. For the Texans, you can tack on ineptitude in coaching or making halftime adjustments as well.

Muurloen

Which makes you wonder... did they ever give an explanation as to why they pulled Keenum to put Schaub in the 2nd half?
Kubiak felt that Schaub was able to identify blitzes better than Keenum. As an UofH alum, and Texans fan, I agree that Keenum is having a bit of difficulty ID"ing heavy blitz packages (which should be sorta expected from a rookie), but the right side of the Texans o-line is providing protection about as good as a wet paperbag.

The same song and dance for the Texans has been happening for the last 2 to 3 years. They play a great half of football, usually the first half. Adjustments are then made by the other team, and then the Texans do shit for offense the rest of the game.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Which makes you wonder... did they ever give an explanation as to why they pulled Keenum to put Schaub in the 2nd half?
Something about Keenum not being able to handle making adjustments/calls at the line of scrimmage. iirc Kubiak said something along the lines of the blitz packages were confusing the fuck out of Keenum. Can't remember if crowd noise and/or being in the hurry-up were also factors.

Muurloen

Crowd noise became an issue after Schaub was seen leaving the sidelines and entering the game because the crowd was booing.

The hurry-up side of things is a bullshit excuse. He played mostly no-huddle/hurry-up offense his whole tenure at UofH.

Case in point is made about halfway through the video linked below.

Game Highlights: Case Keenum highlights

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Matt Schaub and Matt Ryan both started playing like Bubby Brister.
Losing Julio Jones has hurt matt ryan and roddy white has missed a few games, but atl still had like the 6th leading passing game in the league going into yesterday's game and he has thrown for nearly twice as many yards as schaub. The two aren't even comparable.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Losing Julio Jones has hurt matt ryan and roddy white has missed a few games, but atl still had like the 6th leading passing game in the league going into yesterday's game and he has thrown for nearly twice as many yards as schaub. The two aren't even comparable.
Touche. To be honest, I don't follow the Falcons much, I don't have any on my fantasy teams, and I just assumed Matty Ice melted down this year without checking the stats. Not having Julio and Roddy definitely hurts.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Whoever knew not having your #1 RB and top two WRs for most of the season would end up being detrimental to your team.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Don't they both have like 25 interceptions already?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ryan has 12 while Schaub has 9...while 12 is high. Having a poor defense forcing you to force balls down the field and having rookie wide receivers, 12 isn't so bad either.

Also he only has 1 lineman that has started all season.

Can't believe I'm defending matt ryan, hell must be freezing over.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hasn't Schaub been out for like 3-4 games? Total yards is a pretty terrible stat to compare if the games played is significantly different. Same with the INT. 9 isn't so bad for 11 games, but for 5-6 games it is

I do agree that Ryan is a much better qb, though

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, not sure how much time Schaub has missed, but Ryan is currently the 4th leading passer and will be at worst still 7th after the weekend.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Atlanta fan here with a bag on, we have a really bad offensive and defensive lines. We cannot run block nor can we get much if any pressure on a QB. Matt has been sacked, hit or pressured on 40% of his drop backs this year. He has a quick release so is sacked much less than normal for a line as bad as this one. I would say our line is worse than the bears from a couple years ago. We also have a -11 TO ratio and usually rank near the bottom four in sacks per year, while also rushing for 75 ypg and giving up 130 ypg. All in all a very bad football team.