2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bruins were great. Uber Uberest Uber Uberest and co should be happy knowing you’ll be right back up there challenging Tampa for Atlantic next year.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider

Footage of me in the future driving home from work later today.

I have never seen so many happy people. St. Louis is electric today! I still can't believe it!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Footage of me in the future driving home from work later today.

I have never seen so many happy people. St. Louis is electric today! I still can't believe it!

That’s how DC was last year. The metro was a happy place for a few months.

Enjoy it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I could not be happier for Saint Louis =D

No riots in Boston? i am disappointed

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'm considering taking my 4 year old son to the parade on Saturday. Not sure though. It's going to be wild and crazy. I've heard that if you even want to attempt to get close you need to get there around 7 am.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you guys don’t go to the parade I mean wtf...
Go support your team.

I did but it was nice and sunny lol.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
HOCKEY is one of the only sports where any one day, the best can beat the worst or tie or lose etc.. and a series, if a goalie gets hot, forget about it, you are going to lose to that team.

No, hockey is in no way unique in this

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This is what losing feels like, sometimes you forget around here. This is good for Boston, lose a championship in a sport America doesn’t care about, just to remind us. Congrats on the one championship St. Louis fans, sorry about the World Series and afc championships. A lot of people wouldn’t have apologized for those, just shows how big of a man I am.
A+ example of classic Boston douchebaggery, well done

• 3Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm considering taking my 4 year old son to the parade on Saturday. Not sure though. It's going to be wild and crazy. I've heard that if you even want to attempt to get close you need to get there around 7 am.
thats pretty much how it was here for the Kings parades. Totally worth it to get there a few hours early though, so much energy in the crowd.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider

• 3Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caps making moves already. Traded Niskanen to Philly for Gudas, with Flyers retaining 30% of Gudas' salary. Helps create a little more cap space for some of our free agent forwards, also Gudas is a free agent after this year, which is kind of a big deal because Niskanen had 2 more years left on his deal and after this season Nick Backstrom and Holtby both need new contracts.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So after rushing Rick Nash back to play after a concussion last playoffs (leading to his early retirement), the Bruins go and lets DeBrusk play with a concussion? All jokes aside, the Bruins organization is just the fucking worst.

• 1Like

Merrith

So after rushing Rick Nash back to play after a concussion last playoffs (leading to his early retirement), the Bruins go and lets DeBrusk play with a concussion? All jokes aside, the Bruins organization is just the fucking worst.

Guess it's been too long since the Penguins let Crosby do it which caused him to get multiple concussions in like 4 days. You'd think teams would learn.

• 2Like

Merrith

Caps sign Hagelin, 4 years, $2.75M a year. Assuming he doesn't lose his skating, I'm okay with this. Kind of surprising, he was making $4M a year last year. Not that he deserved that still with his production, but signed pretty quickly.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Caps sign Hagelin, 4 years, $2.75M a year. Assuming he doesn't lose his skating, I'm okay with this. Kind of surprising, he was making $4M a year last year. Not that he deserved that still with his production, but signed pretty quickly.

I would've been happier if we signed him for 2 or 3 years instead of 4. The money isn't enough to be an anchor really, but he won't be worth it in 4 years

Merrith

I would've been happier if we signed him for 2 or 3 years instead of 4. The money isn't enough to be an anchor really, but he won't be worth it in 4 years

Wondering if the 4th year helped bring the cap hit down a bit. He might have still been able to get something closer to his last deal if he'd waited. Or I guess he liked it in DC.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People all around here are still pissed/sad about Bruins lol.

My instructor for my engineering class showed up 45 minutes late, citing "The Bruins". LOL.

• 2Worf