2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m baffled too.

It's quite unprecedented. But what are you gonna do as a fan? I'm going for my man bishop on Dallas as a backup. Rooting for the leafs in the east. I'm a hockey fan first lightning fan second.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
CBJ is on fire with a stacked roster, a goalie playing out of his mind, and a coach that has total buy in from his players to play ugly defensive hockey to win games.

You also can’t win if your star players are no where to be found. Stamkos having 0 points is a problem. Kucherov being equally invisible and getting himself suspended doesn’t help.

All and all, this is just proof of how awesome playoff hockey is.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think the NHL might be the least friendly sport to watch as a newer viewer. No rules are ever explained, no brief wipes on the screen explaining why a fight isn't a power play, despite people being in the box, etc. You can learn more about the punishments from the stadium announcement (that you can only hear parts of in the background) than from the actual broadcast team (both announcers and graphics).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The NBC B and C teams are actually better for hockey announcers than their headliners. If Pierre took a puck to the head and died the company would be better off.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Yall wish you were tampa fans. Choking like this doesn't happen very often. You gotta work for a historic season to fall this hard. History books one way or the other

I just want to point out there are quite a few Caps fans posting regularly in here. You guys already had a Cup before this iteration of the team, too. Don't get me wrong, becoming the first President's Trophy team to get swept in Round 1 would be pretty crazy...but we still had playoff misery beyond belief over multiple generations before ever hoisting our first Cup.

As for whoever asking if they had some guys with playoff experience/grit on their roster...wasn't that the point of Tampa becoming NY Rangers South? Girardi, McDonagh, JT Miller, Ryan Callahan...hell they even had Kunitz last year didn't they?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Jets better not be playing golf after the 1st round, or I'll piss and moan, watch whoever is in the finals, and then watch this shit again next year.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking forward to Caps - Canes gm 3. PNC is going to be loud and crazy win or lose. Just wish I was able to go, checked stubhub and nosebleeds were already going for close to $200 a head.

• 1Like

Merrith

Looking forward to Caps - Canes gm 3. PNC is going to be loud and crazy win or lose. Just wish I was able to go, checked stubhub and nosebleeds were already going for close to $200 a head.

I expect a massive push from Carolina to start this game, that arena is going to be rocking.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Bro stubhub has many for $74 and up.

If the caps win it’s because of you not going bro.

Stay home!

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Noticed this at the time, funny.

10-8 Reaves.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Columbus is a weird 8th seed considering all the talent they acquired at the trade deadline. But blowing a 3 game lead in game 1 was a massive fuck up.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rip Andrei

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users