2018-2019 NBA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ja Morant is going to be fucking sick. He is still getting better, averaging 24 points, 10 assists 5 rebounds and 2 steals a game this year.

Those numbers are gross, not to mention he is a human highlight reel. If he gains a little weight and adds some strength, he could be like hyper athletic Rajon Rondo that can shoot.

He plays very good defense for his size, and can set up teammates like no other player in the nation. I cant wait to see him in the NBA. I hope he becomes a Russel Westbrook/DeAaron Fox hybrid type player who can go coast to coast but also defend and finish.

This season is the Buffalo Bills of NBA seasons. At a certain point you realize, that tiki doll is cursed. Wait a sec. Too many references, sorry.

Sterling

El Presidente
Any jewelry for passing Jordan up in assists in ~ 300 less games or rebounds in ~ 250 less?

A bit more seriously, Spurs need to get the 6 or 7 seed and not the 8 seed. Could legit win a series or 2 if that happens. 8 seed in the West going to be rough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dubs need to come out and crush the Nuggets tomorrow. That Celtics game was one of the worst of the Kerr era. Just a slaughter from the start.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
No lie watching the Celtics and the Lakers struggle this year has been my guilty pleasure. Carry on.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No lie watching Lebron struggle this year has been my guilty pleasure. Carry on.

Crazy how everyone kept saying being in the East was why he kept making the finals, then his first year in the west he can't even make the playoffs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jovec

?
Crazy how everyone kept saying being in the East was why he kept making the finals, then his first year in the west he can't even make the playoffs

It was true. He was such a great player that his teams could compete and win against the west, but the day in, day out grind in the west is just so much more brutal and has been for almost his entire career. There were years where 46 or 47 wins might not even place 8th in the West while 5-8 in the East were under 500. Ultimiately LeBron just has too many minutes over his career - he will end the season something like 15th or 16th all time in minutes played.

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
ah who cares, "oh you only made 8 straight appearances"

• 1Picard

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

shaq.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because it validates all of us pointing out it's less impressive against weak competition

So many people knew him going out West he wouldn't have nearly the cakewalk he had for years in the East. A pleasure to see.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Two most surprising teams of the season for me have been the Clippers and Nets. I really think Doc deserves some coach of the year attention, especially when they were sellers at the trade deadline and have a better winning percentage after. He seems to get a lot out of his players.

And man, Magic sure must feel a little dumb for giving up on D'Angelo Russell so soon. He may not be the defensive player that Ball is when healthy, but he's far and away a better offensive player. On a team with Lebron, Ball is almost entirely worthless on offense.