2018-2019 NBA Thread

Rude

Potato del Grande
Except for those times he won rings.
One of the dumbest posts I've ever read, congratulations.

No, no credit can ever be given, don't you know. Those were Wade's, Bosh's, Irving's, Love's rings they got for Lebron.
You giving him credit for Ty Lue, TT and JR? The current state of the Cavs? Don't worry I defended your jackoff material against Magic Johnson's stupidity, unfortunately Johnson is a moron with or without that retarded SJW whining on the team.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
One of the dumbest posts I've ever read, congratulations.

You giving him credit for Ty Lue, TT and JR? The current state of the Cavs? Don't worry I defended your jackoff material against Magic Johnson's stupidity, unfortunately Johnson is a moron with or without that retarded SJW whining on the team.

You've got some issues, dude.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

You figure out who painted those racist slurs on his CA home yet? The one nobody but him apparently saw?

I don't know about that story. I apparently don't ride his nuts like some. Sounds Smollett-ish, though.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly think it just boils down to the fact that Magic just wants to continue living the retired life where he attended Dodgers games all the time, and could just occasionally speak to the media etc.... Then pressure mounted and he realized he had a real, full-time job again, and he just finally owned up to it and knew he wasn't willing to do it.

I don't know about LBJs involvement directly with Magic's decision, but to say that Lebron's presence doesn't test organizations "limits" is insane.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Honestly think it just boils down to the fact that Magic just wants to continue living the retired life where he attended Dodgers games all the time, and could just occasionally speak to the media etc.... Then pressure mounted and he realized he had a real, full-time job again, and he just finally owned up to it and knew he wasn't willing to do it.

I don't know about LBJs involvement directly with Magic's decision, but to say that Lebron's presence doesn't test organizations "limits" is insane.

Completely agree. Magic didn't want to work through the issues he was a part of. I don't think he did a terrible job but he didn't do a good one either. If you blame anyone, it would probably be Jeannie Buss but Magic is royalty over there so I can understand the reasoning. Few of the players have done a good job team building. Byrd sucked, Jordan sucks, and Johnson sucked. Kerr fell into something anyone could have managed and he didn't build it either. The only guys I've seen who did it well were Jackson and West. The NBA is talent driven and if you find the right guys, you're golden. Harder to do than say though.

Someone will recruit LBJ after he retires and he'll be the next one to fail. He'll fail in similar fashion to Johnson for the exact same reasons. He won't need to do it for his legacy. Hopefully, he'll leave with a lot more class than Earvin. What a coward.

DickTrickle

Completely agree. Magic didn't want to work through the issues he was a part of. I don't think he did a terrible job but he didn't do a good one either. If you blame anyone, it would probably be Jeannie Buss but Magic is royalty over there so I can understand the reasoning. Few of the players have done a good job team building. Byrd sucked, Jordan sucks, and Johnson sucked. Kerr fell into something anyone could have managed and he didn't build it either. The only guys I've seen who did it well were Jackson and West. The NBA is talent driven and if you find the right guys, you're golden. Harder to do than say though.

Someone will recruit LBJ after he retires and he'll be the next one to fail. He'll fail in similar fashion to Johnson for the exact same reasons. He won't need to do it for his legacy. Hopefully, he'll leave with a lot more class than Earvin. What a coward.

Doc Rivers is doing pretty well in his post playing career. Just look at the clippers this year.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Doc Rivers is doing pretty well in his post playing career. Just look at the clippers this year.
He wasn't really a superstar player though which I think was what he was trying to say I think. Some of them ended up being decent coaches but bad front office types too. Bird had some good seasons with the Pacers.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
League is talent driven but many times real value is overlooked or underestimated.

There are also a ton of high pick busts, it's strange. Some guys are no doubt, can't miss prospects who meet or exceed expectations, others come out of nowhere and end up being super important.

Then you have the developmental type guys who take time to come into their own (DeAngelo Russel, or even James Harden). So there is many factors that go into constructing a successful team.

Conference strength is also a big factor. Cavs were a lottery team before LeBron came back and they instantly turned into a title contender. Lakers were equally bad, if not better, and he couldn't even come close to carrying that team to even the playoffs in the West.

Kawhi Leanord is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He is a top 10 player, but wasnt highly touted, kind of came out of nowhere yet is dominant when healthy, a champion, defensive mvp, efficient scorer.

Then you have Joel Embiid who missed what 2 seasons due to injury before ever playing? People thought he was a bonafide Oden type bust yet turned out to be sansational.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There's only 160 starters and rosters are very small compared to other sports so drafts are different. Back end of the first round is a lot like middle rounds in the NFL. So when you see the Spurs hit with a lot of their end of the first round and 2nd round picks it's pretty wild.

• 2Like

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider

• 2Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
He wasn't really a superstar player though which I think was what he was trying to say I think. Some of them ended up being decent coaches but bad front office types too. Bird had some good seasons with the Pacers.
List the people who have accomplished the following: Regular season MVP, Finals MVP, Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year.

Don’t worry, it’s a short list....

• 1Worf