2018-2019 NBA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lemme post it here to get rid of the bookmark

little bitch needs to drink a gallon of milk or something.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
lemme post it here to get rid of the bookmark

little bitch needs to drink a gallon of milk or something.

Why are you always so horrible? Dude like that is probably in ten times better shape than you.

• 1Slam Dunk

Jovec

?
And man, Magic sure must feel a little dumb for giving up on D'Angelo Russell so soon. He may not be the defensive player that Ball is when healthy, but he's far and away a better offensive player. On a team with Lebron, Ball is almost entirely worthless on offense.

Russel needed a fresh start after violating locker room trust.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

LOL! It ALMOST makes the Timberwolves not like a terribly run organization.

• 1Worf

Rude

Potato del Grande

Lebron's so toxic lol
I don't like Lebron but this probably has nothing to do with him. Magic Johnson's been garbage on any "ownership" venture he's done in sports. They never should have hired him in the first place. Dude almost destroyed that team this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I don't like Lebron but this probably has nothing to do with him. Magic Johnson's been garbage on any "ownership" venture he's done in sports. They never should have hired him in the first place. Dude almost destroyed that team this year.

Of course this has LBJ's name all over it, how would you feel if you were one of the people they were trying to trade away at the trade deadline, and now the Lakers are going to be stuck with the same damn roster next year. Jordan is the GOAT hands down but how does he rank as an owner??? LBJ is garbage outside the basketball court.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Of course this has LBJ's name all over it, how would you feel if you were one of the people they were trying to trade away at the trade deadline, and now the Lakers are going to be stuck with the same damn roster next year. Jordan is the GOAT hands down but how does he rank as an owner??? LBJ is garbage outside the basketball court.
I think LeBron's a faggot SJW, I'm not in any way defending him. I'm attacking Magic Johnson. Look at his track record, it's got very little to do with LeBron, Magic is a fucking clown too.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I think LeBron's a faggot SJW, I'm not in any way defending him. I'm attacking Magic Johnson. Look at his track record, it's got very little to do with LeBron, Magic is a fucking clown too.

I blame Magic also but LBJ has his hands all over this debacle. I think at this point we all can agree the Lakers are probably stuck with an aging LeBron and a supporting cast that cannot make the playoffs next year and beyond. LeBron couldn't attract free agents both tenures in Cleveland and why would anyone want to deal with what is now total chaos in LA.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider

What did Magic do to destroy that team? He took over the shitshow I think a year after they had already signed Deng and Mozgov to those horrid contracts. They obviously made the no brainer move to bring Lebron over given the chance, and it was also the correct move to not sign any 3rd or 4th tier players to longer contracts just to fill the gaps. They were smart to fill the roster with 1-year deals. They'd have probably made the playoffs if not for the Lebron + Ball injuries, and that's all that team was really shooting for this year. Their playoffs were really going to be this offseason to see if Lebron could get anybody to come play with his primadonna ass. Evidently Magic didn't have any faith that's gonna happen, maybe already tired of Lebron and his people as much of the team is as well. I place the blame for this season pretty much squarely on Lebron. His injury, the lack of support he gives his teammates, and his impatience / leaking trade rumors led to them not making the playoffs.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Magic Johnson achievements. Lonzo Ball #2 pick. Failing to trade the Lakers future for AD. You're right though, nothing that had a staggeringly negative impact.

Also, I'm pretty sure LeBron went to LA to market his brand more than he did to win. And I'm content with him falling into irrelevance with the NBA, he's a passive aggressive faggot and a loser anytime it matters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The Laker debale has very little to do with LeBron right now, and everything to do with Jeanie Bus siding with Rob Pelinka over Irvin Johnson (he doesn't deserve the title "Magic" any more). So Johnson threw a hissy fit and quit. Very low class. Very cowardly. Couldn't even tell Jeanie face to face.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean it wasn't all on Magic, but he certainly had his hands on some of their problems. The injuries were certainly nobody's fault, but they were doing so much shit out in the public eye that should have just been private. What a mess. Now if they don't get Davis or convince someone else to come play for this shitshow they're going to be a fringe playoff team for the rest of Lebron's stay, then be bad again. Good times.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Magic Johnson achievements. Lonzo Ball #2 pick. Failing to trade the Lakers future for AD. You're right though, nothing that had a staggeringly negative impact.

Ball wasn't a bad #2 pick and the Lakers really didn't have any hope to trade for AD during the season because NO will have more offers this offseason.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ball wasn't a bad #2 pick and the Lakers really didn't have any hope to trade for AD during the season because NO will have more offers this offseason.
Yeah. I don't think any of that is really a problem or unexpected. The problem was turning it all into public spectacle. Going into the season, it felt like most people thought they were a fringe playoff team and needed another piece or 2 to be real contenders. Not sure how Lebron and Ball and others getting hurt and them missing the playoffs when they likely would have been in otherwise is somehow a disaster? It's basically what was expected to begin with.

• 1Like