2018-2019 NBA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Curry played like shit. He has had too many of these ho hum performances in pivotal games.

After he missed that 3 before the scramble he looked like a dejected faggot. He didnt even attempt to corral the ball.

Congrats to the Raptors! Even though Drake is going to be insufferable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Curry played like shit. He has had too many of these ho hum performances in pivotal games.

I don't know where this narrative comes from. His postseason stats are almost identical to his regular season ones. You're already discounting his 33 point second half to close out Houston? Or his performance after the Durant injury (both)?

Jozu

He is obviously an all time great and I'm not taking anything away from him or his legacy.

But the evidence is there, he hasnt won a Finals MVP for a reason. I know that's a harsh benchmark, but they did go to 5 straight Finals. Lost 2 of them, was never the best player in any of them.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let’s not overlook cousins missing key free throw after free throw. The guy makes just 70% of his free throws and that was a win

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'd take this year's team at full health against any team in NBA history. Any team. Assuming today's rules. They were just never really fully healthy all year.

Iggy and Green missed a lot of key free throws too in this one, Iggy was 1 for 5, Green just 0 for 2 but anytime you miss back to back FT's it hurts extra.

Draymond with the near quadruple double lol, had half the team's turnovers. Not as many horrible ones though especially considering all the assists he had, he had a really good game overall.

Steph is the most lethal weapon in league history but there's just not much he can do when he has 2 guys on him at all times. Yeah he coulda made more shots in this game, but to face that attention every game it takes a toll. When Klay went down he kind of looked defeated, like just thinking it wasn't their year. Sure wish they'd at least have gotten this last one tonight though, bummer.

• 1Picard
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Most lethal weapon in league history, eh?

K.

Not much he can do with two on him all the time eh? To face the attention every game takes it's toll eh?

K.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Lol @ Steph being the most lethal weapon.

Michael Jordan would like a word with you.
Wilt Charmberland would

Nevermind.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Steph is the most lethal weapon in league history but there's just not much he can do when he has 2 guys on him at all times. Yeah he coulda made more shots in this game, but to face that attention every game it takes a toll. When Klay went down he kind of looked defeated, like just thinking it wasn't their year. Sure wish they'd at least have gotten this last one tonight though, bummer.

Holy shit! That's the dumbest sports opinion I've ever heard and I have to take the bait. MJ is the most lethal weapon and his 6 Finals MVPs are desperate to find Curry's hidden one.

Most lethal weapon...let's Lebron steal the only Finals win in history where a team comes back from down 3-1. Most lethal has ZERO Finals MVPs. Most lethal needed a 4th all-star to get the last two rings. Either that's a easy troll, or you don't know what most lethal means...

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Let me explain what I meant.. firstly, I'm obviously only talking about offense.

Secondly, I'm talking about his ability to create runs for his team in a way that nobody has ever been able to before. Yes, there have been many guys in the past you'd rather give the ball to for a bucket. Durant is obviously one of those. I'm just talking about his ability to help his team score bursts of points like nobody in the past. Jordan, Wilt, nobody else has ever been able to do it like that because of the power of the 3-point shot and the way Curry exploits it better than anybody in the past. That is what I meant by lethal. I'm not talking about best overall player or anything like that so you all can just shut the fuck up.

• 4Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 6 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
why is anyone complaining? this finals/playoffs has been the most awesome in recent history...sorry your preseason bets didn't payoff

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

You could have just said Curry the best shooter ever and we would have all nodded in agreement.

But even in the context of your reframed argument, it still doesnt hold up. George Mikan was a more effective "lethal weapon" than Curry. Shaq, I can go on and on.

FB_IMG_1560489747809.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Jozu

Called it. It looked really fucking bad. That is insane...Warriors lost KD to achilles and Klay to an ACL in less than 10 days.