2018-2019 NBA Thread

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'd guess 99% of Raptors fans would trade even having an NBA team for a Leafs Cup win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd guess 99% of Raptors fans would trade even having an NBA team for a Leafs Cup win.
While this general sentiment is probably true, Toronto is a lot more transitory than most of Canada so I'd imagine that it's less all in on Hockey than most of Canada.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Can't remember if I've already made fun of Toronto for having a dumb team name. Now obviously this is rich coming from a fan of the Utah Jazz but I'm just gonna lean into it. Toronto chose its name because of a popular movie. It's like naming your team the Toronto Nazgul or the Toronto Avengers. There were no raptors in Toronto, but you know a place that did have raptors? Utah!

If Toronto loses they should have to rename themselves to the Toronto Geese and give the Raptors name to Utah's new NFL franchise.

• 1Worf

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Can't remember if I've already made fun of Toronto for having a dumb team name. Now obviously this is rich coming from a fan of the Utah Jazz but I'm just gonna lean into it. Toronto chose its name because of a popular movie. It's like naming your team the Toronto Nazgul or the Toronto Avengers. There were no raptors in Toronto, but you know a place that did have raptors? Utah!

If Toronto loses they should have to rename themselves to the Toronto Geese and give the Raptors name to Utah's new NFL franchise.

Weren’t the Raptors named by a vote from the public?

Edit: Yup

Bitove’s ownership group won the Toronto franchise in late 1993 and kicked off a naming contest early the next year. The team ran a mail-in contest in the Toronto Star, then rounded up some of the best suggestions for a final round of telephone voting.

The final names included Dragons, Beavers, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Hogs, Scorpions, T-Rex, Tarantulas and Terriers.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
They really need Klay back if they want to beat the Raptors, Steph can't be the only Offense worth a damn.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Game turned out better than expected honestly. Klay and maybe even KD will be back next game. Was hoping more out of Boogie tonight though.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll believe KD is back when I see it. Far as I'm concerned he had a season ending injury that they lied about. He was supposed to be back like game 2 or 3 of the previous round, and that was before GS got 10 days off before the finals.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Maybe. But he did shoot around in practice today. If it goes to an elimination situation they'll throw him back in regardless. Thankfully Klay should be back next game.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Great series so far. I'd love to see Toronto get their only chance at a ring but I don't hate anyone in this series. If a GS loss breaks this ridiculous grouping of talent up, I'm hoping KD and Klay never come back. It's been fun watching though.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
So when is Drake going to be ejected from the arena for phsyically interacting with players/coaches?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe. But he did shoot around in practice today. If it goes to an elimination situation they'll throw him back in regardless. Thankfully Klay should be back next game.

Ya a free agent is just going to get thrown out there. KD needs Golden State to lose to increase his value and perception in the league. It’s all business for him.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also think it's pretty funny/telling that KD watches all the games from the locker room tv's, instead of sitting court side with his team like Klay

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Utah Skinwalkers!

• 1Worf

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Ya a free agent is just going to get thrown out there. KD needs Golden State to lose to increase his value and perception in the league. It’s all business for him.
Eh. GS could win every game in these finals by 400 points and KD would still get the absolute max offer possible this offseason and multiple of them. I don't disagree with the overall sentiment though. KD won't risk anything heading into this offseason, but there's no way he's worried about the numbers.