2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Damn, the football discussion is getting slow around here. We're going to have to start arguing among ourselves to find something interesting to do...

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine most threads are pretty dead right now as we transition to Xenforo 2.0

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yep plus this is a bit of a lull time. As we get closer to the draft activity will pick back up.

Chargers signed Pouncy, but not a ton going on with them right now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep plus this is a bit of a lull time. As we get closer to the draft activity will pick back up.

Chargers signed Pouncy, but not a ton going on with them right now.

Yeah Redskins have been very quiet in free agency. All that's going on on the Skins blogs is wanting us to sign Hankins for the DL, some other offers to depth pass rushers, etc. That and mock drafts. Just let Vea or Derwin James fall to #13 and I'm all in.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We all knew Bennett was a piece of shit, but why are they hiring elderly paraplegics for security guards? Great job I bet all the players feel really safe.

Yeah that sounds like one of those "legacy" hires etc. Dick move to push through and ignore directions from security personnel though. But I would be curious if there was a video to see how serious a "shove through" it really was though.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah that sounds like one of those "legacy" hires etc. Dick move to push through and ignore directions from security personnel though. But I would be curious if there was a video to see how serious a "shove through" it really was though.

Yeah I just think it was funny, this is the Super Bowl security for fucks sake. They're lucky it was just dumbass Michael Bennett wanting to go in and celebrate, and not someone wanting to jihad the locker room or something. Also wasn't this the same Super Bowl where Tom Brady's jersey got stolen? heh.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cathan

I hate the Giants, let's just start right there... but I do live in New York City so... I don't understand why everyone says the Giants are in a rebuilding phase. If that's the case, wtf were the Saints doing the last 5 years? We had a QB, we retooled the OL while we annually tried to do fucking something on defense. No one ever said we were in a rebuilding phase because Drew Brees could beat teams in spite of our shitty defense, well, 7 per year to be precise...

Back to the Giants, they need OL help and they need some help on defense but they have a QB. They had a pass rusher (JPP) that was still worth 8 1/2 sacks last year, Vernon Olivier they paid premium for (which aint bad at all) plus a star receiver. Grab a few OL in FA or the draft, maybe a RB, and do just like they did 2 years ago when they went from 6-10 to the playoffs and everyone was touting them as a Superbowl contender in last year's offseason.

I'm fine with it though, fuck the Giants!!! Rebuild forever and I hope they trade away every talented player they have for draft picks that suck ass, fuck em!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I hate the Giants, let's just start right there... but I do live in New York City so... I don't understand why everyone says the Giants are in a rebuilding phase. If that's the case, wtf were the Saints doing the last 5 years? We had a QB, we retooled the OL while we annually tried to do fucking something on defense. No one ever said we were in a rebuilding phase because Drew Brees could beat teams in spite of our shitty defense, well, 7 per year to be precise...

Back to the Giants, they need OL help and they need some help on defense but they have a QB. They had a pass rusher (JPP) that was still worth 8 1/2 sacks last year, Vernon Olivier they paid premium for (which aint bad at all) plus a star receiver. Grab a few OL in FA or the draft, maybe a RB, and do just like they did 2 years ago when they went from 6-10 to the playoffs and everyone was touting them as a Superbowl contender in last year's offseason.

I'm fine with it though, fuck the Giants!!! Rebuild forever and I hope they trade away every talented player they have for draft picks that suck ass, fuck em!

Eli is not Brees, that's the difference.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't get to excited there is no way the Giants trade Odell. The season is a long way off from his current bullshit.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Don't get to excited there is no way the Giants trade Odell. The season is a long way off from his current bullshit.
Oh I'm not, even if they were going to do it we'd have to probably give up a shitload to get him and then how the fuck do we sign everyone coming up for deals?

That said, he's a special talent and that team would amazing to watch.

Cathan

Eli is not Brees, that's the difference.

Oh I 1000% agree, but... Eli is a franchise QB. He has put up some pretty good seasons here and there and he clearly has a horse shoe up his ass to have won 2 superbowls. He had great defenses both times but he's good enough to win it all and that's a lot in this league. I had hoped the Jags would trade for him last year and shitcan Bortles so Eli could go play for Coughlin again. I LOVE what Coughlin is doing for the Jags.

• 1Solidarity