2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You should read my post again. I'm not talking about the past. You think we'll see a workhorse back with a 10+ year long career in which he's a focal point of the offense? Just don't see that happening with how backs are valued these days. Maybe Gordon and Gurley will be those dudes but I doubt it.

Sterling

El Presidente
You should read my post again. I'm not talking about the past. You think we'll see a workhorse back with a 10+ year long career in which he's a focal point of the offense? Just don't see that happening with how backs are valued these days. Maybe Gordon and Gurley will be those dudes but I doubt it.
Reading your question, the first one to come to mind was Gurley, but who knows what he'll be doing 5 years from now.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I see Elliot having a good chance of that. I think Gordon will be out of the league with six years.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cathan you're so dumb.

Gurley has already been injured. Zeke is a domestic incident waiting to happen. Gordon was banged up all year being a workhorse.

I think that type of player is gone. Dudes are too strong, too fast to be taking that kind of punishment play after play after play. Body or mind will wear down at some point.

I'm pretty sure Emmitt Smith has CTE. Or he just got smacked around so much the part of his brain that controls language no longer functions.

Don't mind the laugh track.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Cathan you're so dumb.

Gurley has already been injured. Zeke is a domestic incident waiting to happen. Gordon was banged up all year being a workhorse.

I think that type of player is gone. Dudes are too strong, too fast to be taking that kind of punishment play after play after play. Body or mind will wear down at some point.

I'm pretty sure Emmitt Smith has CTE. Or he just got smacked around so much the part of his brain that controls language no longer functions.

Don't mind the laugh track.

Was Emmitt Smith ever capable of articulation, though?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dick move for sure. Weird to have a 66 year old on the Security team at the Super Bowl though, and can't find any actual mention of what the injury was.
All of those security guards are always worthless, and I am curious why they tend to be old &/or fat.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm

Ok first off I had no idea you were only considering 2000 or later era RBs. It's not like that was stated in the post.

Second of all: Leveon Bell has been Pittsburgh's workhorse back for a few years. If not for his knee getting Burficked and smoke some Js with Blount he had a shot as a workhorse back.

In general I do agree, workhorse backs are a thing of the past.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how retarded do you have to be to try to smuggle two ounces INTO Costa Rica? wow

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user