2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
it generally comes to team player health and how they are playing at the end of the season, the eagles last season also had the best record, yet large UNDERDOGS(due to injuries) every playoff game = a touch more motivation for the team, they played GREAT, and one play not going their way in the divisionals = they lose. that = pats win last superbowl not the eagles (since the pats would not have played the eagles)

biggest factor though is injuries- especially to quarterbacks- your team's QB is really good, gets injuried, due to salaries, GENERALLY, the backup is an average QB at BEST- only exception is great qb that is aging and the team drafts a potential replacement that is good, but due to QB being great has no chance at starting- barring an injury or suspension-see Jimmy G in 2016 season-brady suspended 4 games = jimmy g starts games and looks great, but then brady comes back from suspension and ...plays great=jimmy sidelined until getting traded next season to the 49ers, where he....has looked great.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cardinals 2018 predictions:

Week 1 vs Redskins: Total blowout, we win like 73-2, Sam Bradford is super mega fucking elite best QB ever.
Week 2: vs Rams: Aaron Donald breaks Sam Bradfords neck on the 3rd snap of the game, ending his career.
Week 3-8: We put Mike Glennon in as the backup and he sucks, we lose 5 out of the next 6 games.
Week 9-15: Glennon sucks so we put our new shiny draft pick Josh Rosen in, he tears it up and we win 5 out of the next 6 games
Week 16 vs Rams: Aaron Donald breaks Josh Rosens neck on the 3rd snap of the game, ending his career.
Week 17: Fitz gets traded to the Pats so he can get a well deserved ring before he retires. Cards finish the season 7-9.

If we get a safety in Week 1, Bradford is definitely breaking his neck on that play.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why are the Raiders playing hardball with Khalil Mack?

WTF are the Raiders doing? You don't let a talent like that get away, much less completely ignore him. Doesn't seem very smart.

I don't think anybody knows wtf the Raiders are doing

Jared Cook says Jon Gruden showing grainy, dated 70s footage in Raiders film sessions

"He’s bringing out film from like 1976 when you ain’t even think they had film,” Cook told the Las Vegas-Review Journal’s Michael Gehlken. “Grainy film where you can barely see the players.”

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why are the Raiders playing hardball with Khalil Mack?

WTF are the Raiders doing? You don't let a talent like that get away, much less completely ignore him. Doesn't seem very smart.
They have him for several years thanks to the Franchise tag. The team has all the power.

The coach also said their defense was garbage with him , it can be garbage with out him. Something along those lines. Shows Gruden's mindset.

Personally I am just thinking...excellent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I believe there's zero chance the Gruden era works out.
Probably not but hes raking in like 10million a year laughing all the way. As a Chargers fan I couldn't be happier unless they end up good.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So yeah, um, preseason tonight. Whooo .... Ravens ... Bears ... eh.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So yeah, um, preseason tonight. Whooo .... Ravens ... Bears ... eh.
Every year I get excited for pre-season games, because it is just a reminder that football is back. And every year I am reminded how awful pre-season games can be.

Can't wait!

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Wow I totally forgot we were that close to preseason.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have no hope for the Bengals but I'm still excited.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have too much hope for the 49ers, and should probably temper expectations.

I'm actually probably looking more forward to the 49ers season. It's fun here when people are excited about them. i haven't built up a hatred for them like I have the Giants.