2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Must be a lost in text thing, "I'll take the win" hardly some fist pumping king of the world lap. It's a regular season game, against the Bruins who we always beat, nothing to see here, save for the 2nd Oshie goal.

If anything was lost in text it was probably my joke. Wasn't picking on the quoted text in particular, just being nostalgic about Caps fans always expecting the worst. I miss those days.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If anything was lost in text it was probably my joke. Wasn't picking on the quoted text in particular, just being nostalgic about Caps fans always expecting the worst. I miss those days.

That usually was a playoff thing, anyways. And even there, Holtby has been in the Bruins' heads since maybe his best ever series in 2012 (overall series, as it's hard to beat shutting out Lightning in Game 6 and 7 back to back).

Merrith

Also, randomly...I know McDavid and Draisaitl are monsters, but Avs' top line are just insane to watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
giphy.gif
Feels good man

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, randomly...I know McDavid and Draisaitl are monsters, but Avs' top line are just insane to watch.

Avs have been my favorite team to watch thus year. The way they protect puck possession and move and shoot on the forecheck is beautiful

• 1Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Love it when a team can acknowledge and address their issues in the offseason. Depth was the Av's biggest issue last year. This year the offseason acquisitions have been coming through big time. Four of the dudes brought in have scored something like 40% of their goals so far.

All of the injuries to their best players still hasnt slowed them down. 2/3s of the top line missed 16 games. Starring goalie out for several weeks, and the top two defensemen out this game. Still rolling.

Even my baby has been getting hyped. Hes almost 2, and we took him to the Flames game on Monday. After doing a period of people watching he started paying attention to the game. He also reacted to seeing them on TV. Good stuff

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The wings game ends 5-2 with the wings winning? I am so confused

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Losing Holtby to free agency will suck after this year, but Samsonov is making me feel about as good as possible about the idea of us managing to not fall off a cliff without Holtby in net so far.

Merrith

Vassy blew it again

Can't lay it all on him. Got outshot for the game, and only had 11-9 edge in shots on goal in the 2nd period despite 4 PP's to zero in that period (and 3 of them went the full 2 minutes).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I'm just used to him digging us out of the grave instead of being one of the weak points on the team. Your backup did phenomenal. I believe you guys have a real future in him. After some of those saves in the first period I knew that guy was feeling it that night.

Merrith

I guess I'm just used to him digging us out of the grave instead of being one of the weak points on the team. Your backup did phenomenal. I believe you guys have a real future in him. After some of those saves in the first period I knew that guy was feeling it that night.

He's been groomed to be "the guy" since we took him in round 1 years back. I wish Holtby's contract had 1 more year on it to get him more than just this season in the league before he might have to fully take over, but in a backup role, at least, he's looked like the real deal.