2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to take this moment to repeat that the end of the Holtby era can't come soon enough for me

Yeah...I kind of chalk up last night to the entire team being on christmas break a little early. Also when compared to how Holtby usually handles Boston a game like last night was bound to happen eventually.

Merrith

Also, there's literally no way Wilson hasn't beaten a GF for buying the wrong cereal. He has like scary anger management issues.

Yeah he's pretty much a sweetheart off the ice. Not like Boston has a squad of little angels out there, either.

Merrith

NBC sports strike again lol.

espn had one of these (although it was top 100), and they specifically said they gave extra weight to goals/wins above replacement. They had McDavid ranked 2nd above Ovechkin (which I think is nuts if you give extra weight to goals, even if McDavid's WAR is probably insane), and I think they had Kane 9th.

Kane should definitely be in the top 10 for sure. The only guys I could for sure rank above him for the past decade are Crosby, Ovechkin, maybe Malkin too? McDavid comes down to how much credit you want to give the past few years compared against the full 10 year period. But I could see arguments for Kane above everyone else on this list.

Maybe Lundqvist makes it as best goalie? Duncan Keith being left off for Karlsson and Chara seems a little crazy, and you could make an argument for Toews over Kopitar, too. Stamkos is probably on there for having the 2nd most goals in the decade, although the gap between Ovechkin and Stamkos is the same as the gap between Stamkos and like #15 in goals for the decade, fwiw.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leafs/Canes game looks freaking crazy according to my social media feed. Wish I wasn't at work.

Late to this but a brutal loss from the Canes perspective. Down 0-3, then score 5 unanswered after pulling Reimer, score eventually gets to 6-4 then the Leafs score 3 times in under a minute halfway through the 3rd. Add a empty net and there's your 8-6.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Late to this but a brutal loss from the Canes perspective. Down 0-3, then score 5 unanswered after pulling Reimer, score eventually gets to 6-4 then the Leafs score 3 times in under a minute halfway through the 3rd. Add a empty net and there's your 8-6.

Yeah saw that. Crazy roller coaster of a game. Rangers play both teams back to back starting tonight so suffice it to say I'm nervous.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just need to figure out some defense and this could work.

4wQjDXj.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
glad to see the caps beat the Blue Jackets. TJ with the OT win.

blues making work outta the west with fun game against the jets. I’m guessing maybe the Avs can stop them if they both continue this way but unlikely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The Blues have had a lot of injury trouble this season and have managed to persevere. Tarasenko should be back by the playoffs but they have played well without him. They have really good depth, which has been the overall key to success.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
glad to see the caps beat the Blue Jackets. TJ with the OT win.

blues making work outta the west with fun game against the jets. I’m guessing maybe the Avs can stop them if they both continue this way but unlikely.

All it took for the Caps to finally beat Columbus was playing Samsonov instead of Holtby

Fadaar

That guy
THERE'S NO CANADA LIKE FRENCH CANADA IT'S THE BEST CANADA IN THE LAND

IMG_20191228_184817.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
He's completely right about this. I don't understand how they fuck that up.

Yup. I can only guess that this was laziness on the part of the officials. This is one of those times that shows you need to do things right all the time.