2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
He's been groomed to be "the guy" since we took him in round 1 years back. I wish Holtby's contract had 1 more year on it to get him more than just this season in the league before he might have to fully take over, but in a backup role, at least, he's looked like the real deal.

We need someone to back up Samsonov next year, but I'm ready to move on from Holtby, especially if he's going to get $7m+ (which he will). Holtby has been a below average goalie for the last 2 seasons imo (including our cup year, he got hot at the right time, but he was benched coming into the playoffs for a reason)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We need someone to backup Samsonov next year, but I'm ready to move on from Holtby, especially if he's going to get $7m+ (which he will). Holtby has been a below average goalie for the last 2 seasons imo (including our cup year, he got hot at the right time, but he was benched coming into the playoffs for a reason)

He's probably going to get north of $8M a year, maybe even 9+. I agree he had a down year during the regular season when we won the Cup, but deserved to go back in after how Grubauer looked first 2 games of that playoffs. His start this year was horrible first 5 games, but since then last 19 games 15-2-2 with .923 sv%. The only real reason I want to move on from him after this year is because he'll cost to much, way too much.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Somehow these are both two minute penalties,
And this is a 10 minute Major...

I'm biased as fuck, but to me intentional elbows like that are still less of a hockey play than anything Tom Wilson has been suspended for.

Also that's ridiculous that Lemieux got 2 for that love tap. They let waaaaay worse than that go in front of the net.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
beabba9.png

"Kid can scadootle" - Darren Pang

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

My favorite call of the night. See if you can guess who on the Leafs got the penalty. Hint: its a holding call and yes its in the frame.

John Tavares ... somehow.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3:1 SOG but we walk into OT because Vasilevski lets in the stinkers. Completely different team then last year.

Sad

Last edited:

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Copper's gotta be fired any day now, right? PO's looking like a long shot at this point, pretty unreal compared to last season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Ref's definitely have it out for Lemieux it seems. Gets two minutes for "unsportsmanlike conduct" by NOT dropping the gloves while leading 3-1,

Then another 2+10 minute misconduct for this after the period...

Notice Manson, no 42, swinging his stick twice at his head here (nothing called on that)...

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to take this moment to repeat that the end of the Holtby era can't come soon enough for me

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Also, there's literally no way Wilson hasn't beaten a GF for buying the wrong cereal. He has like scary anger management issues.