2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
He is right, and he had probably said something during the game to piss at least one of the officials off, so they were not going to do anything to help him. Bloody ridiculous.

Also freaking Montreal dropped four places in the standings in just three days. Toronto jumps three. Eastern conference is cray cray.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well...maybe the fears about Holtby are a little more well founded. Had a great stretch of play but his last few games have been pretty tough.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Well...maybe the fears about Holtby are a little more well founded. Had a great stretch of play but his last few games have been pretty tough.

We should keep rolling him out there to have sub 85% save percentages game after game

Merrith

We should keep rolling him out there to have sub 85% save percentages game after game

To be fair, he only was below 90% in 4 of his previous 21 games before these last 3. Was a pretty long good stretch followed by a bad 3 games.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'll wait to see if he bounces back. He actually did have a really solid run over a month long.

Even if you take the season as a whole, he's around 40th in save %. He hasn't been good for a few seasons now, and this season he's digging to see how low he can go. Samsonov is 16th in save % (filtering for at least 10 games played). A good goalie is 91%+, elite gets above 92%. Holtby is perilously close to dropping into 89% range

Merrith

Even if you take the season as a whole, he's around 40th in save %. He hasn't been good for a few seasons now, and this season he's digging to see how low he can go. Samsonov is 16th in save % (filtering for at least 10 games played). A good goalie is 91%+, elite gets above 92%. Holtby is perilously close to dropping into 89% range

Agreed his bad has been pretty bad, and if you look at his whole season numbers it drags it down. But If you actually look at it game by game, it's clearly the first group of games pretty bad, then a prolonged stretch of two months of very good, followed by these last 3 games.

First 5 games, 1-1-2, 18 goals against, 0.846 sv%

Next 21 games, 16-3-2, 52 goals against, 0.922 sv%

Last 3 games, 0-3-0, 13 goals against, 0.787 sv%

This is basically saying that for 21 out of 29 games this year, he was performing above that 92% you're labeling as elite level. Don't get me wrong, the bad has been pretty bad, and I'll gladly see more of Samsonov if it helps him get back onto a good stretch...but he has been pretty good for a majority of the season so far.

Merrith

Perry being Perry. Every fan knows it, but he'll probably just a get a slap on the wrist for this of like 3 games.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Fun Winter Classic game today. Home team comes from behind to win.

Still wrong to have outdoor ice in Texas.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of Perry

He'll pay less for a predatory elbow to the head, unreal.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of Perry

He'll pay less for a predatory elbow to the head, unreal.

The irony of that rant is that the Hawks only had too many players on the ice because one of his players interfered with Kirby Dach trying to get off the ice. It should have been a Blue Jackets penalty anyways.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I was just coming to post that. It's crazy that he's not only fined, but if he steps out of line again in the next year he gets a bigger fine. Pretty strong punitive measures for saying the refs messed up. I think the league is way out of line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Carolina was better than the Caps tonight, but thankfully we played Samsonov. No doubt in my mind Holtby would've given up 6ish if he was in net tonight

Merrith

That's why you don't give a team 6 power plays. Turn a semi comfortable 4-1 game into a 4-3 nailbiter towards the end.

Merrith

Carolina was better than the Caps tonight, but thankfully we played Samsonov. No doubt in my mind Holtby would've given up 6ish if he was in net tonight

Not sure I'd say they were better, at least not without us handing out all the power plays we did. Also someone get that guy Hathaway some practice 1 v 0 on the goalie.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure I'd say they were better, at least not without us handing out all the power plays we did. Also someone get that guy Hathaway some practice 1 v 0 on the goalie.

True 5v5 they may not have been better, but they dominated the faceoffs and the shots on goal. 40+ shots on goal Holtby gives up 6