2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
True 5v5 they may not have been better, but they dominated the faceoffs and the shots on goal. 40+ shots on goal Holtby gives up 6

He might have tonight. PK actually did a pretty good job for awhile, but hard to be perfect when you give up that many power plays.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
A couple things from tonight - Montreal has now lost their last five. Granted, tonight it was in overtime, so they get a point, but they're already in 13th in the East. They are a hurting unit right now. What needs to happen?

Secondly, after watching Hutchinson play tonight, why would anyone ever play Anderson again? Toronto is firing on all cylinders right now. They're making use of the talent they have. What's the difference? The return of Hymen seems to coincide...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Secondly, after watching Hutchinson play tonight, why would anyone ever play Anderson again? Toronto is firing on all cylinders right now. They're making use of the talent they have. What's the difference? The return of Hymen seems to coincide...

Updated MoneyPuck playoff odds.

mpoqu2cnpy841.jpg

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
And yet...saved the bacon in OT. Also not really blaming Kane's 3rd goal on him. Perfect bounce right onto his stick.

Crazy game overall.

Ok I'm not gonna lie I swapped over to the Vikings Saints game after the empty netter; until I read your post I didn't even realize the Caps somehow won this game. My point still stands that Holtby was no good despite the win, although I do agree Kane's third goal was not really Holtby's fault

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok I'm not gonna lie I swapped over to the Vikings Saints game after the empty netter; until I read your post I didn't even realize the Caps somehow won this game. My point still stands that Holtby was no good despite the win, although I do agree Kane's third goal was not really Holtby's fault

hard for me to get mad at 2 goals aside from that. 4th one was an empty netter. He made two huge saves in OT both on odd man rushes (one a breakaway). OT was literally end to end odd man rushes until someone (Eller) scored.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jones strikes again. I'm honestly ready for the Sharks to just buy this guys contract out. Yeah with EK65 and Burns we have way too many defensive turn-overs, but even with average goaltending this team would be in a playoff spot.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Canada just beat Russia for the junior world cup in spectacular fashion. Down 3-1 going in to the third, Canada scores three unanswered goals and wins. Huge win for the program.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jones is just garbage. Good lord this sharks team has no business being this low in the standings.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, that was their ONE good defenseman.

His partner has still yet to be found however.

Reilly is never exactly praised for the defensive side of defenseman but I dont think that matters in this case. There isnt an NHL defenseman out there who can keep up with that kind of acceleration while skating backwards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I don't know if it's good or bad but the Lightning have a much better points spread among the players this year. Last year it was Kuch, a 30 point gap, Stamkos/Point, a 40 point gap, then everyone else. This year it's a lot tighter with Kuch still being top but 4 other players within 10 pts of him. I just hope they can keep the momentum up.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I don't know if it's good or bad but the Lightning have a much better points spread among the players this year. Last year it was Kuch, a 30 point gap, Stamkos/Point, a 40 point gap, then everyone else. This year it's a lot tighter with Kuch still being top but 4 other players within 10 pts of him. I just hope they can keep the momentum up.

Shatty has been an absolute steal for you guys. Glad he's having a good season, we bought out the wrong guy.