2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Dude

watch the Canucks with me!
Petey is so exciting to watch. Miller and Boeser & Markstrom rock as well.
Horvat has the most face off wins in the league!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck Holtby, it's not even worth watching if he's in goal at this point

Stood on his head for it to even be 1-1 after the 1st. Maybe he could stop another goal or two but D looks like garbage in front of him. Samsonov is giving up at least 6 if they play same way in front of him (though I'm willing to listen to the idea that they play better in front of him).

Fadaar

That guy
Holy shit Cooper beat Trotz

I don't know if I should be happy or worried about their performance since the new year started.

On Dec 21st they were 17-13-4 and are now 35-15-5. Hoping it's not like last year where they burn through all the good in the regular season again.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if I should be happy or worried about their performance since the new year started.

On Dec 21st they were 17-13-4 and are now 35-15-5. Hoping it's not like last year where they burn through all the good in the regular season again.

The difference is in their PK and their 5 on 5. They relied heavily on the PP last year and the stammer and kucherov one timers. Now they are trying to play the net more, and their defense is really lending itself to quick turn overs.

I have to reiterate on their PK. 3rd in the league right now. Also Sergechev is starting to look every bit as good as Hedman. Look I'm not trying to jinx shit but I'm feeling pretty good into the late season.

I still miss Domingue. Relying on Vassy this much might come back to bite us in the playoffs.

Fadaar

That guy
I agree, not being able to hang on to Domingue has definitely cost them a few wins. McE has started 14 games and is 6-6-2, ew. The team right now looks better than they did at any point last season IMO.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Shesterkin, Samsonov, Elvis, Jarry and Hart.... Metro goal tending is gonna be insane for a long time.

• 1Like

Merrith

Shesterkin, Samsonov, Elvis, Jarry and Hart.... Metro goal tending is gonna be insane for a long time.

Obviously Philly with Hart is a bit of a new thing, but swear the rest all just moving from quality goaltending to more quality goaltending.

Merrith

Samsonov getting a taste of what Holtby faces early, with predictable results.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Goaltending.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hey teams with recently injured star forwards, can I interest you in one Chris Kreider for three 1st's and an A prospect?

Seriously though, they dropping like flies out there.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The last two games were hardly all on the goalies with the turnovers but thought this was funny.

E57099A8-6942-40D9-B587-AAC9BFF1350C.jpeg

Merrith

The last two games were hardly all on the goalies with the turnovers but thought this was funny.

View attachment 248657

I just think Holtby has dealt with the sloppy play far more than Samsonov for a lot of the season. Not that he has himself played well or anything close to it, either. But everyone thinking just starting Samsonov was a cure for all ills should know by now that when the defense wants to play like it has the last couple games...doesn't matter who is in net.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just think Holtby has dealt with the sloppy play far more than Samsonov for a lot of the season. Not that he has himself played well or anything close to it, either. But everyone thinking just starting Samsonov was a cure for all ills should know by now that when the defense wants to play like it has the last couple games...doesn't matter who is in net.

Pens closing in too

not worried we always have a slump it seems in February

Merrith

Pens closing in too

not worried we always have a slump it seems in February

They need to get their shit together. Pens just made a good trade, too. I'm not too worried about seeding for playoffs, I'd rather they are playing better going in. This road trip might tell a lot.

• 1Like

Merrith

I think last playoffs told us seeding doesn't mean shit.

Well the Caps had won 6 in a row at home in the playoffs before Game 7 last year. I'll always take home ice if they can get it, but I agree in the end, it really doesn't matter.