2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From the comments on the Dangle video:

Stats since 1967: Cups: 0 Losses against zamboni drivers that work for them: 1

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm mean the best part is that is happened to Toronto. If that had happened to Detroit nobody would've blinked an eye. But crushing hopes like that only comes every once in a while.

Its a seasonal thing for these Leafs. They arnt going to make the playoffs so they figured theyd do it during the regular season this time.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
As a Canes fan, that was just amazing to watch. Not only because of Ayers which is an incredible story itself, but that entire 3rd period the Canes played some of the most inspiring hockey you will probably every see. Guys were diving all over the place in front of Ayers, it was like some insane prevent defense and it worked. Plus they scored twice in the period. Leafs literally looked like they gave up halfway through the third. That PP was so bad they were getting booed like crazy in that building. Another point was that the Leafs did not pull the goalie at any point, which looked more like a statement from the coach.

Incredible story, something you will only see in the NHL.

Malakriss

The Caps have 3 points so far this game. Defensemen knees have a goal and assist.. for the Pens.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GOAL! empty net

what a game! Beat the pens fuck yes

back into first place!

Merrith

Are the Caps playing their way out of the playoffs or what

Yeah that was rough when we were behind for all of like 5 minutes today. Glad they started Holtby against the Pens this time, although Oshie scored one for both teams.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah that was rough when we were behind for all of like 5 minutes today. Glad they started Holtby against the Pens this time, although Oshie scored one for both teams.

This game is the turning point of our slump. We always get into one. This one lasted a bit too long with 1 win in 7 games but we did it.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>

I only got to see about 5 minutes of the game at the restaurant I was at and we gave up 2 goals in the span of like 30 seconds in that time. Glad the offense apparently woke up after I left

Merrith

I only got to see about 5 minutes of the game at the restaurant I was at and we gave up 2 goals in the span of like 30 seconds in that time. Glad the offense apparently woke up after I left

I was out had to listen to 2nd period on radio, finally got home to watch the 3rd. Started crashing the net and getting chances down low. Well, Wilson created a turnover that led to this breakaway 4 on 4 for a pretty finish (his 20th goal of the year, no less, also set a career high in points for a season on that goal), Hagelin and Oshie both with hard working goals stuffing in loose change around the net. Empty netter to finish, Backstrom and Hagelin basically all alone themselves, Backstrom unselfishly gave it to Hagelin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Garage sale predictions for tomorrow:
Green to the caps
Daley to the pens
AA to dallas

Merrith

Garage sale predictions for tomorrow:
Green to the caps
Daley to the pens
AA to dallas

Nope.. We just got Kovalchuk from the Habs for a 3rd. They're retaining 50% salary (he's taking up salary cap space on 4 teams now)

Merrith

I’m expecting Jensen is getting shipped out.

I'm going to be honest. Moving Jensen out for the corpse of Mike Green would be a bad move, imo. We need to get better defensively, Mike Green does not do that.

Merrith

Although Ishad Ishad , I do wonder about both our trades requiring the trading teams to have retained the maximum possible salary (50%) each time. Maybe there is another move coming.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Just thinking about this Caps trade for Kovy... It doesn't solve our suddenly abysmal defense, but if Kovy can play like he played for Montreal and not the way he played for LA, Caps could just decide f defense we're just going to try to score 5 a game or something. Could make for a fun ride. I suppose Green would do the same, but I have no interest in bringing Green back to DC