2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just thinking about this Caps trade for Kovy... It doesn't solve our suddenly abysmal defense, but if Kovy can play like he played for Montreal and not the way he played for LA, Caps could just decide f defense we're just going to try to score 5 a game or something. Could make for a fun ride. I suppose Green would do the same, but I have no interest in bringing Green back to DC

Ironically Kovy had better defensive numbers than I thought. Not that I think a lot of the problem has been with the forwards (or at least not the bottom 6 forwards where I assume he'll play). Seen some rumors that Panik will move down to the 4th line. Makes sense.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marleau to Pens. Godspeed Patty - go win a fucking cup. Now I just want to see Thornton to Bruins and the playoffs will leave me rooting for several teams.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Our young stud goalie who pulled us into a playoff push got into a car accident and his season is done.... Our franchise is friggen cursed

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Loving the Dillon and Kovy additions. Still need to actually dig ourselves out of our funk, though. Kreider deal getting done is big.

Potentially Parise to Isles would be weird.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Loving the Dillon and Kovy additions. Still need to actually dig ourselves out of our funk, though. Kreider deal getting done is big.

Potentially Parise to Isles would be weird.

Fingers crossed lou gets that Parise deal done. I haven't stopped laughing at what they gave up for Pageau yet.

Merrith

Fingers crossed lou gets that Parise deal done. I haven't stopped laughing at what they gave up for Pageau yet.

I think they gave up way too much for Pageau, although obviously the tack on "if they win the Cup" conditional pick they wouldn't care about if that actually happened. But a 1st and a 2nd seems crazy to me.

• 1Like

Merrith

welp, 6 year extension for Pageau with Isles. Price is a little less bad now that he isn't just a rental, although have to see what the deal looks like.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
welp, 6 year extension for Pageau with Isles. Price is a little less bad now that he isn't just a rental, although have to see what the deal looks like.
Still seems a bit much for an ok 3rd liner to me. We'll see, he was a huge part in our loss to the Sens in the semi's a few years back. Could be a good playoff guy for em'.

Merrith

Still seems a bit much for an ok 3rd liner to me. We'll see, he was a huge part in our loss to the Sens in the semi's a few years back. Could be a good playoff guy for em'.

I look at Eller on his $3.5M deal for us and feel good.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
uhhhhhhhh, if Doug Wilson just turned Barclay Goodrow into a first rounder....

• 1Worf

Merrith

They wanted a defenseman with term and FWIW I think he will be a good fit there. 1st isn't too far fetched imo.

You go over to blueshirtbanter and they are quite pleased getting a 1st. Obviously term helps, it also was a pretty busy day even with all the other trades this week, everyone in the East and Metro is loading up. Gotta pay a premium.