2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like TB is sending us Greco and a first for Barclay and a third.

I'll take it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So Detroit sent Green, Athanasiou, and Ryan Kuffner to Edmonton. For Green we we get Kyle Brodziak and a conditional 2020 4th round pick (Edmonton goes to the conference finals and Green plays in 50% of the games) while retaining 50% of Green's salary. Athanasiou and Kuffner get us Sam Gagner (10% retained) and Edmonton's 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks.

Don't really care about Gagner or Brodziak as they are UFAs at the end of the year and Green is as well, so retaining 50% of him doesn't really matter. Kuffner has been unimpressive in Grand Rapids and while losing Athanasiou hurts a little, getting 2 2nd round picks is a decent return.

Overall not bad. We didn't much in the way of trade bait this year but managed to clear a bit of cap space for next year while getting a couple decent picks.

Fadaar

That guy
rekt

FB_IMG_1582586124516.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's amazing how fast Ayers life has changed since Saturday night. He's on this non-stop media tour and tonight he gets a proclamation by the Raleigh mayor and gets to sound the siren before the game. Good for him.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guy definitely has a great personality. Doesn't seem to be letting his 15 minutes go to his head, either, just enjoying it honestly.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Caps looking good tonight and Kempny totally fucks up an easy clear leading to an easy goal for Winnipeg. He is really playing poorly

Merrith

Caps looking good tonight and Kempny totally fucks up an easy clear leading to an easy goal for Winnipeg. He is really playing poorly

Was there basketball in the arena earlier today? Ice is fucking terrible. Nothing to do with the Kempny thing just a general thing that stood out.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Was there basketball in the arena earlier today? Ice is fucking terrible. Nothing to do with the Kempny thing just a general thing that stood out.

The analysts have been talking about how poor the ice is all night, I can't imagine there was anything going on in the middle of the afternoon that would've altered Cap One's usage tonight though

Merrith

The analysts have been talking about how poor the ice is all night, I can't imagine there was anything going on in the middle of the afternoon that would've altered Cap One's usage tonight though

There's a lot of times when college basketball happen during the day with a Caps game at night. Not sure if that would mainly be weekends, though.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Holtby stepped up in the shootout to save what would have otherwise been an epic collapse. Caps were trash in the third

Merrith

Holtby stepped up in the shootout to save what would have otherwise been an epic collapse. Caps were trash in the third

I think they made 2 really bad plays in the 3rd. Out shot them 11-7 in the period. I wanted them to put Vrana out before Ovechkin in the shootout, but it worked out.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
4 points out with games in hand after tonight! Dunno what's going on, but I like it! If somehow we manage to squeak in, Panarin better get the Hart. Dude is unreal literally every single game.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I think they made 2 really bad plays in the 3rd. Out shot them 11-7 in the period. I wanted them to put Vrana out before Ovechkin in the shootout, but it worked out.

Saying the entire period was trash is probably an exaggeration, but the goals they gave up were absolute trash plays.

Merrith

Saying the entire period was trash is probably an exaggeration, but the goals they gave up were absolute trash plays.

Tired of watching opposing teams get breakaways from the red line in at least once a night.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the Leafs have played their (then) worst game of the season against Pittsburgh, their best game of the season against Pittsburgh, their new worst game of the season against a zamboni driver and now beat the 2nd best (probably actual best) team in the league in Tampa. Time to shit the bed against Florida in the game they could really use a win in on Thursday.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All in the plan. Purposely take tons of penalties so we play short handed constantly against the 3rd best PP in the league. Coopers 300 IQ while the rest of you nerds are fighting for points and a 1st seed.

Merrith

February is almost done, which means the annual slump for the Caps is coming to an end and we tighten it up again going into the playoffs.

Of course, then it's the Caps in the playoffs so who the fuck knows.