2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That would be a really good mentor to split time with Samsonov.

I actually agree, although we'd need him to play decent, too. But I do agree you want a backup who can play more like 30-35 games rather than just like 20-25.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
That would be a really good mentor to split time with Samsonov.
Yeah, this is the part i'm having a hard time with. He didn't wanna backup Igor but he'll backup Samsonov, bleh. Aside from that it's a good fit I guess, he needs better defenders in front of him though and Washington isn't that big of a leap from NY. I'd much rather see him out West though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, this is the part i'm having a hard time with. He didn't wanna backup Igor but he'll backup Samsonov, bleh. Aside from that it's a good fit I guess, he needs better defenders in front of him though and Washington isn't that big of a leap from NY. I'd much rather see him out West though.

We need a better defensive system, and coach. Hopefully lavs is that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its not that he didnt want too. They have Georgiev too, who is also very good. So why lose one of the young studs and overpay for Hank.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Its not that he didnt want too. They have Georgiev too, who is also very good. So why lose one of the young studs and overpay for Hank.

I don't think he wanted to tbh, but you're right the situation is a little more complex. I love the guy, but no way did he enjoy being in a three goalie rotation and I don't blame him. With Marc Staal off the books, we could of afforded to keep him the final year of his contract, but now we are stuck with even more dead cap (still paying Shatty and Spooner the next 2 seasons). No one was gonna take his contract, even if the Rangers paid half so when they say it was a mutual decision I believe it.

As for Georgiev, we've been shopping him since the TDL but haven't gotten what they perceived as fair value. If the goalie market wasn't so insane right now, he would be long gone. Shit, he still might get shipped out by Wednesday. AFAIK he still hasn't received a qualifying offer on a new contract. According to our GM, Hank's buyout has no impact on Georgiev's situation for whatever that's worth. Either way, he won't be here long term.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
With how compressed the next season is going to be, you pretty much need to have two serviceable goalies, so I think the market is going to be relatively hot. That being said, no one has any cap space, so the money probably isn't going to be great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
With how compressed the next season is going to be, you pretty much need to have two serviceable goalies, so I think the market is going to be relatively hot. That being said, no one has any cap space, so the money probably isn't going to be great.
Interesting point about the condensed season. Hadn't even considered that.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Countdown until yzerman drafts askarov at 4th and I drink myself into a coma.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s a pretty exciting time to have a boatload of cap space. Hoping to big up some good assets for cap dumps. Demko or glass comeon down with that shit contact.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dubnyk and Donato + 7th from Minn to Sharks for 3rd and 5th picks. 50% salary retained on Dubnyk. I'll take it. We're basically paying what we paid Dell for Dubnyk.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
This is the get ready to trade guys to Vegas so Seattle doesn't take them season too. Gonna be some odd looking trades as the season goes on.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
WTF Montreal. They even ADDED for Josh friggen Andersson... I don't get that move at all. Good deal for CBJ, Torts gonna love Domi.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Josh Anderson is a really good player. He was just injured last year because he had shoulder surgery.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Josh Anderson is a really good player. He was just injured last year because he had shoulder surgery.
"Really good" is a massive stretch man, he has yet to out-produce Domi on the score sheet. He's big and works hard, that's his appeal and the injury won't help him play that way going forward. Terrible trade.