2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Fadaar

That guy
Next year after Seattle joins the West they should move Minnesota to the Central, Buffalo to Canada, and... fuck I dunno, Pittsburgh to the East? None of them really fit that well geographically but at least Pitt is the correct time zone. So are the Lightning and Panthers but can't really split them up.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And Arizona is moving to the Central thats been confirmed. They went from a cake walk to the toughest division in hockey. Coyotes are just a cursed franchise lol.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Some news on what to expect for Divisions next season

East looks like a bloodbath, the rest arn't so bad.

Hell yes, Blackhawks/Redwings is a thing again. Lets load up some of that Norris Division scraps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pens and Canes should swap divisions, wonder what kind of mental gymnastics went on to get Sid and the Pens out of that nightmare division. Also, i'll take whatever Hockey I can get but fuck having to play against Hank any extra amount of times that these divisions would suggest.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens and Canes should swap divisions, wonder what kind of mental gymnastics went on to get Sid and the Pens out of that nightmare division. Also, i'll take whatever Hockey I can get but fuck having to play against Hank any extra amount of times that these divisions would suggest.

Rumor is aiming for 60 games season, guranteed 7 times but I'd expect the Capitals 8 times.

Animosity

Ya how can you not have the Pens in the same division as the Flyers and Caps. Thats like splitting up the Flames and Oilers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Not sure they'd give Hank all those starts. Samsonov probably gets at least half.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not sure they'd give Hank all those starts. Samsonov probably gets at least half.
Yeah, I think even half is generous tbh. Would be bad coaching playing him against a team that knows all his weaknesses. Especially since every game is gonna be important in this division. Anytime an ex Ranger would play us he was good for at least a goal against. Literally everytime, like clockwork. Was just sayin', playing against him any amount more than the usual format would allow is too much for me.

Nice retros btw. Caps have one of the better ones. Rangers whiffed what should of been a layup. All of my jerseys are officially outdated, would of loved a Panarin retro and a Lafreniere home but I guess i'll just have to spare my wallet and grab the latter.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I think even half is generous tbh. Would be bad coaching playing him against a team that knows all his weaknesses. Especially since every game is gonna be important in this division. Anytime an ex Ranger would play us he was good for at least a goal against. Literally everytime, like clockwork. Was just sayin', playing against him any amount more than the usual format would allow is too much for me.

Nice retros btw. Caps have one of the better ones. Rangers whiffed what should of been a layup. All of my jerseys are officially outdated, would of loved a Panarin retro and a Lafreniere home but I guess i'll just have to spare my wallet and grab the latter.

Some people don't like ours, they think the color scheme looks weird with the big weagle. I think the full kit looks pretty good, though.

Not sure what to expect from this potential season. Lot of crap switching things up. Having heard from a lot of players about the recent playoffs, you can tell the bubble really affected some teams/guys differently, too. Is what it is. I'm just pissed that Covid might literally be the reason Ovechkin doesn't get a shot at Gretzky's record. We should be good enough to make the playoffs even in a weird shortened season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Great value on Sergachev. Super jealous, he would probably cost around 7 mil here with the fucking crazy tax. Trouba making 8 mil for the next 6 years is feeling pretty damn bad by comparison.

Speaking of defenseman with bloated contracts, Lamoriello sneaks his way out of that Boychuk nightmare and gets to pay Barzal now. Dude was 100%, publicly cleared to play next year after having eye surgery. Fucking horseshit he gets away with blatant cap circumvention while we have 4 players' dead cap to pay next year.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
unknown.png

Can't say I sympathize with the players here. Foundation of the cap system is a 50/50 split of revenue. I don't blame the owners for wanting to keep that split even if they did just sign the agreement that pays more.

Animosity

Was really looked forward to spending New Years watching hockey all day. Sucks we wont have that or the winter classic.

• 1Like

Animosity

That first division and Canadian division are gonna be a gauntlet.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
/looks at Eastern Division
/googles "top prospects in 2021 NHL Draft"

• 1Like