2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can someone break down how the new rule is different for me? It sounds the same. I might be dense, though.

Previously if a guy's trailing skate came up even a millimeter off the ice while the other skate/foot was in the offensive zone before the entire puck had crossed the blue line, it would be offside. Now whether or not the trailing skate is touching is irrelevant, as long as the skate/foot itself isn't across the blue line before the puck, it is onside.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
World Juniors is here boys! USA plays on Christmas day. Finally some good hockey to watch.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Previously if a guy's trailing skate came up even a millimeter off the ice while the other skate/foot was in the offensive zone before the entire puck had crossed the blue line, it would be offside. Now whether or not the trailing skate is touching is irrelevant, as long as the skate/foot itself isn't across the blue line before the puck, it is onside.

Thanks, that is very clear. Makes sense to me.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

Aaaaaand they get to keep Cirelli and potentially ADD to their roster, then get a healthy and rested Kucherov for the playoffs.... I'm sure they would rather have him, but fuck this team man. Would love to see them miss the playoffs, but can't imagine they would in that division. Maybe if Point or Stamkos miss time...

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Canada's wjc roster is so stacked. Watching them play is a nice appetizer before the season. Speaking of which, these schedules look insane. I really like playing the same team multiple consecutive games. Gonna really juice up these rivalries, I can't freaking wait! Should really be a permanent change. Less travel and every week you watch a mini series (like mlb) instead of waiting weeks/months for a rematch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screenshot_20201223-201102_rif_is_fun.jpg

rip Kirby Dach for the juniors. Lower arm injury.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Aaaaaand they get to keep Cirelli and potentially ADD to their roster, then get a healthy and rested Kucherov for the playoffs.... I'm sure they would rather have him, but fuck this team man. Would love to see them miss the playoffs, but can't imagine they would in that division. Maybe if Point or Stamkos miss time...
Booooring. Was hoping the wings would cash in on cap space needs.

Fadaar

That guy

With how soft their 1 year division is they should be fine for making the playoffs at least and yeah, couldn't have timed it better to sign Cirelli. Wonder if BB ran that by Kuch or if it was Kuch's idea to game the system.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

And here I thought the Pens had this tactic down better than anyone with guys going on LTIR just in time for the trade deadline. Unreal with their division they can cruise to the playoffs, too.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So wait you don't get hit on cap if you put a player on IR?

There are 2 kinds of injured reserve. IR, the short term, you are still responsible for their cap hit. LTIR, long term injured reserve, there are more complicated mechanics but the tl;dr is you get to take their cap hit off. Its not quite that simple if you want to look further into it but if not, its the basics.

In other news,

Canadian cities, and the season, are a go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First World Juniors game is on. We got hockey!

USA vs Russia is later tonight.

• 1Like