2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

What perfect timing for the cap strapped Blues! Steen was a hell of a player though, glad he got to win a ring before he hung em up.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Such shitty news about Hank. Real unfortunate series of events for such a great dude. I'm sure his career is over, just hope it isn't a permanent complication. Ugh, what a bummer...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, that's too bad. What an amazing player. At his age, and with a heart condition, I'm guessing this is permanent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meant to comment about it the other day, just sucks for Hank. He had put in a real effort to wanting Caps fandom to accept him playing here (and frankly, he didn't need to, we were on board), and you can just tell his desire to play in general...hopefully they can treat it having caught it early. Wish Hank all the best.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a dump of stuff coming out today.

Whats going to happen with Canadian teams is still up in the air. 2 provinces are giving the NHL problems about playing games. NHL is expecting a decision for that by Monday.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Don't expect the Rangers to be top 4 in that division, but god damn is this gonna be fun as hell to watch. There's gonna be rivalry games every night. These guys are gonna hate each other towards the end, gonna be good hockey.

I still haven't processed winning the lotto yet, just really sucks Lafreniere's first season is gonna be in an empty MSG.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't expect the Rangers to be top 4 in that division, but god damn is this gonna be fun as hell to watch. There's gonna be rivalry games every night. These guys are gonna hate each other towards the end, gonna be good hockey.

I still haven't processed winning the lotto yet, just really sucks Lafreniere's first season is gonna be in an empty MSG.
Rangers are better off not pushing this season anyway. They have close to 30 million in dead cap with their buyouts and performance bonuses young guys could earn. If they push and stay near the cap, they will have a giant overage from those bonuses going into next season that will eat away at 15ish mil in cap space to sign impact free agents.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers are better off not pushing this season anyway. They have close to 30 million in dead cap with their buyouts and performance bonuses young guys could earn. If they push and stay near the cap, they will have a giant overage from those bonuses going into next season that will eat away at 15ish mil in cap space to sign impact free agents.
For sure. Don't think the Rangers really need to be buyers though. Aside from a legit 2/3C we have the pieces, just need to make sure we keep the right ones and let it all marinate. JD and Gorton seem to know what they are doing with the rebuild, I trust they wont rush it too early. I think Hoffman and Granlund are the big 2 FA left ATM anyway. They wont last long now.

There are some ways to navigate the cap it seems though. Taxi squads receive an AHL salary so i'm assuming that applies towards bonuses too. And if anyone opts out, their salary goes with it, though I don't see anyone doing that on the Rangers.

Fadaar

That guy
so basically it acts like the goal line in the NFL now where the skate is the ball? touching or behind, either above or on the ice, is onsides?