2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That Canada/Slovakia game was so much closer than it should have been. Canada looked wicked rusty. Their power play was non existent, their neutral zone play was terrible. When they were in the offensive zone the looked good, but they just didn't go to the net often enough. What the heck? They only managed 22 (I think) shots all game. They have been doing triple that. Weird game. Still glad for a win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Feel awful for Hank. But Im glad this happened to him at the end of his career rather than during it.

Fadaar

That guy

I didn't realize Coburn had been there that long. Will miss Paquette, he's been a staple for a long time. Not much production but pretty reliable.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I didn't realize Coburn had been there that long. Will miss Paquette, he's been a staple for a long time. Not much production but pretty reliable.
Paquette is/was our biggest hitter. I assume they will try to push Goodrow into that role. It sucks to lose him but honestly lightning have been getting away with murder for the past 4 years.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Canadian team is really starting to click as they play more together. They're so good in front of their own net breaking up plays and preventing shots. They're still a little lacking in the neutral zone, but this is a fun, exciting team to watch.

• 1Like

Animosity

I remember when people were saying Russian was looking like the team to beat. But damn Canada and USA are just smoking right through.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I remember when people were saying Russian was looking like the team to beat. But damn Canada and USA are just smoking right through.

Uh, didn't Russia beat the US on Christmas Day?

Everything I heard coming in to the tournament was that Canada was the team to beat. And I think that's right. I wish they had been able to practice together, I think they'd be amazing.

• 1Like

Animosity

They beat the USA in a exhibition game. The US has been dominant since. Russia was being hyped up because of their goalie and most of their players were already playing in the KHL.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
They beat the USA in a exhibition game. The US has been dominant since. Russia was being hyped up because of their goalie and most of their players were already playing in the KHL.

Why are they listed with a loss then?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The Russia vs USA game on the 25th wasn't an exhibition, it was a round robin game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caps sign Chara? I mean...basically league min? Sure, why the hell not.

• 1Like

Animosity

For a league minimum deal, I cant understand why Boston didnt resign him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a league minimum deal, I cant understand why Boston didnt resign him.

Right, this is where I am at. For that price, how is he not a great presence in the locker room, especially with taxi squad rules for covid-condensed year?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Would of preferred him over Jack friggen Johnson @1.25 mil.... Then again I would actually prefer neither if it means cutting into a younger players development. Good fit for the Caps, but in no way would I say that solves their defensive issues though. He's really only useful in the paint under sheltered minutes. He looked pretty cooked last year.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
League min for a 43 year old Chara still seems like a great deal. Leadership and knows how to win. Not that caps need that, but still.

Would have been happy to pay him double that to come to Vancouver to mentor our young stars.

• 1Like