2019 NFL Offseason: Chargers Started Early

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Schefter and others are saying AB to the Raiders is official, 3rd and a 5th lmfao. Mike Mayock just fleeced Kevin Colbert, thats nothing.

The entire steelers FO from GM down to Tomlin needs to be fired. He'll probably suck dick in Oakland, so I guess there's at least being happy hes on an awful team.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
On terms of pure value, a 3rd and 5th doesn't honestly seem too bad. But, for a team that's clearly rebuilding and may not even stick with Derek Carr, it seems pointless.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
On terms of pure value, a 3rd and 5th doesn't honestly seem too bad. But, for a team that's clearly rebuilding and may not even stick with Derek Carr, it seems pointless.
I mean that's not much for someone of his ability, but it's not like they were a receiver short of contention. So now they win 5 games instead of 3 or 4?

• 1Solidarity

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Pittsburgh eating 20 million in dead money is so fuckkng retarded. They are mailing in Bens last few seasons. Complete rebuild mode now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean that's not much for someone of his ability, but it's not like they were a receiver short of contention. So now they win 5 games instead of 3 or 4?

I'd like to see what else they do, including with their 3 first round draft picks this year. Not that I think they're going to contend or anything, but they still have the ability to add a lot of talent to that team.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pittsburgh got fucked...

Not really. No one was going to give up a 1st or probably even a second for a 31 year old on a big contract.

This move by the Raiders is completely retarded. They have no idea what they are doing in Oakland. This does tell me they are sticking with Carr or drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Amari Cooper was worth a 1st midway through the season. If Pittsburgh was going to eat the money anyway, then hold on to him and see if Jacksonville, San Diego or Seattle was in the playoff hunt. He would have then garnered a 1st.

Pittsburgh just loss Bell and Brown for a 3rd and 5th. So dumb.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sorry there is no way a 31 year old WR was worth a 1st.

I'd say AB could be worth a 1st in the right situation. A team in win now mode with a short window with a glaring WR hole.

That team is not the Raiders.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Carr's best receiver last year was Jared Cook. a tight end. At one point last year they had a guy catching balls a week after he was watching the games from his couch. In spite of his total lack of receiving talent and a horrible offensive line, Carr had one of his best years statistically (except the one that counts wins / losses).

The popular sentiment is that Carr sucks, but that is a very shallow assessment. Anyone who actually watched Carr over the year saw a good QB doing the best he could in very crappy company.

After having been without a decent QB since Rich Gannon, i like having Carr. There is nothing worse in football then not having a decent QB. Is Carr top tier? Probably not, but he is very talented and much better than any other realistic choices out there.

I have many more questions about Brown. His attitude might not work. We'll see. But the Raiders basically got an upgrade for Cooper and kept the first round pick. So the deal on paper is a huge plus for the Raiders.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Carr's best receiver last year was Jared Cook. a tight end. At one point they had a guy catching balls a week after he was watching the games from his couch. In spite of his total lack of receiving talent and a right guard that is atrocious Carr had one of his best years statistically (except the one that counts wins / losses).

The popular sentiment is that Carr sucks, but that is a shallow assessment. Anyone who actually watched Carr over the year saw a good QB doing the best he could in very crappy company.

After having been without a decent QB since Rich Gannon, i like having Carr. There is nothing worse in football then not having a decent QB. Is Carr top tier? Probably not, but he is very talented and much better than another other realistic choices out there.
Carr is fine but he's not the Rapist and this trade still won't make them contenders even if the trade was decent from a strict value assessment in a vacuum.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Carr is fine but he's not the Rapist and this trade still won't make them contenders even if the trade was decent from a strict value assessment in a vacuum.

Lol, of course. But they still have 3 first round picks and a ton of cap money to work with. If the Raiders suck again this year it will all be on Gruden.

Gruden is the real issue with the Raiders. I was never sold on him coming back and I still am not. But now wer're stuck with him so hopefully he proves me wrong.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Lol, of course. But they still have 3 first round picks and a ton of cap money to work with. If the Raiders suck again this year it will all be on Gruden.

Gruden is the real issue with the Raiders. I was never sold on him coming back and I still am not. But now wer're stuck with him so hopefully he proves me wrong.
Right, but even if they hit on some of those picks, they'll still be really young and paying a lot to an aging receiver.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, but even if they hit on some of those picks, they'll still be really young and paying a lot to an aging receiver.

It all depends on the picks and how well they do in free agency. They aren't totally bereft of talent. They just have huge holes that need to be filled after losing Khalil, etc. It wasn't long ago that they went 12-4 with Carr and might have done even better if he hadn't broke his leg. That was a year after losing 13 games.

This is the NFL, the difference between first and worst isn't as big as everyone assumes. I don't expect the Raiders to go the the Super Bowl but they will be much improved (better be Gruden). And crazy things happen all the time in sports. That's why they play the game.

• 1Like

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
The Steeler's couldn't trade AB. They were going to trade him to Buffalo, but he refused to play for them and sabotaged it. He would sabotage any deal he didn't like. There is zero chance waiting for a better deal would happen via the Steeler's organization. The Steeler's reportedly gave up trying to trade him after the Buffalo fiasco and told AB and his agent Drew Rosenhaus to find them a deal he was happy with. AB showed the league how to be a drama bitch and succeed if you are good enough.

The only leverage the Steeler's had was not trading him. They refused to use it. Just like they won't use their real leverage on Bell. The Steeler's should have kept Brown. Either he plays and plays well, or he refuses to play and sits. They go after him for his money and reduce his cap hit because he's detrimental to the team and drag out lawsuits and NFLPA arbitration. Both those options are better than a 3rd round pick, a 5th round pick, and 21 million in dead money (an NFL record for dead money for a single player) on a pure value basis.

Ben wanted him gone, and gone now. Ben is a little bitch. He threatened to retire if they didn't get rid of Todd Haley and that worked out awesome. Steelers have about 1.5 years left in the current format to succeed, otherwise nuke it all. Colbert, Tomlin, Ben, and the rest and rebuild sooner than later.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Barnwell grades the Antonio Brown trade: Why Oakland fleeced Pittsburgh

Pretty solid article especially for Barnwell and ESPN. I agree that it was poor financial decisions that allowed AB to fuck them over more than any power he has as a top talent. Steelers have some issues with that FO people always bragging about. Mayock used no lube on the rough-riding.

Grim1 Grim1 , I agree on both posts. It just takes a few right moves to switch to winning seasons. The Raiders aren't that far away and I see no reason they can't pull the same shit the Cowboys did after Cooper was signed. With three ones, they are really in a good place this year. This is the same kind of haul Indy(with Manning) and the Rams have previously used to build their juggernauts. There's a ton of really good trench players in this draft as well. Keep an above average Carr, add some top talent, see if Gruden has any coaching talent left, and make those AFCW games even more interesting. Probably the best division in football this year.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda wonder if Ben is the problem and the coaches not doing anything about it. He will call people out over the airwaves but evidently to pussy to do it face to face

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ben isnt the problem. He's the hall of fame QB keeping your team from being 4-12. The problem is the coaching. AB and Bell should have been crushed the moment they started thinking they were as important as the QB. If you have no QB you have no team in todays NFL.

• 1Like