2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
All wrong. I'll assume youre only talking about those players tenure on the pats, not their careers (otherwise how the fuck is moss not first). I'll also leave gronk/Faulk/white (honorable mention to Vereen for '14 SB) out of this and say just WRs.

Regular season: Welker>Brown>Moss>Edelman>Branch

Post season: Edelman>Brown>Branch>Welker>Moss

Ok...yeah. I was thinking slot receivers, then I forgot about Moss and just added him.

No one was separating the regular from the post. HOF isn't going to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Edelman is a beast and all you people trying to paint him as some shit-tier player can suq madiq.

Who's saying he's not beast? Unfortunately he's up against Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, OBJ, Michael Thomas etc for this era.

Kinda sucks, because the dude is clutch.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I can forgive that field goal hold cause I am not a cowgirls fan. He is a better announcer than QB.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Saying he's not HoF worthy is exactly the same as calling him shit-tier.

Of course not. Listing off every person who's every caught a pass from Tom Brady including running backs and acting like it's an outrage that somebody would mention Edelman and not them isn't exactly the same as saying he's not HoF worthy...

Who's saying he's not beast? Unfortunately he's up against Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, OBJ, Michael Thomas etc for this era.

How about someone who lists "honorable mention to Vereen for '14 Superbowl" or thinks Edelman deserves to be on a list of good Pats receivers if you are only talking slot receivers?

I agree Edelman isn't going to get into the HoF.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How about someone who lists "honorable mention to Vereen for '14 Superbowl" or thinks Edelman deserves to be on a list of good Pats receivers if you are only talking slot receivers?

I have no idea what you're saying here man.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Of course not. Listing off every person who's every caught a pass from Tom Brady including running backs and acting like it's an outrage that somebody would mention Edelman and not them isn't exactly the same as saying he's not HoF worthy...
Sure. Moss, Gronk, and probably Welker should probably be the list ahead of him. Branch and Brown did work but people are crazy if they don't think they were clearly replaceable.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sure. Moss, Gronk, and probably Welker should probably be the list ahead of him. Branch and Brown did work but people are crazy if they don't think they were clearly replaceable.

Branch yes. Reciver_01. Brown was Welker/Edelman. Dude was clutch.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
branch was a superbowl MVP....

all 4 of them were Clutch.

HOWEVER, as a patriot fan since before this all started..

Edelman>Brown=Welker=Branch.

also have to remember something that a lot of people do not remember,,,for several games both Brown and Edelman played....Cornerback(2004 brown was not good at receiver, but played alot of the season as a CB...had 3 interceptions for the season)

i am excluding Moss from the conversation but Moss> all of them talent wise.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

FWIW...Vereen caught 11 balls in that game. Pretty crazy for RB. Like James White catching 15 or however many he had against the Chargers.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Catching 11 passes or 15 passes doesn't all of a sudden qualify a running back as a potentially better wide receiver than Edelman has been, though...

Might as well say Vrabel is the best receiver to ever play the game since he had 10 catches for 10 touchdowns!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Catching 11 passes or 15 passes doesn't all of a sudden qualify a running back as a potentially better wide receiver than Edelman has been, though...

Might as well say Vrabel is the best receiver to ever play the game since he had 10 catches for 10 touchdowns!

Please show me where a few random comments about Vereen having a decent game in a SB is "all you guys" trying to make Edelman out to be some shit tier player, though.

This just seems like crying over most people agreeing he's been a very good player but nowhere near HoF for his career and getting butthurt over a few trolls throwing him a couple spots further down the Pats receiver list than you wanted.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Because I don’t think you guys know, I’ll let you in on a secret. Romo has an earpiece during the broadcast that picks up the same radio signal that the coordinators use to communicate to their QB’s. Romo has a pretty good idea what’s coming, only slip ups are when he doesn’t quite understand the language in a teams play calls.

What the fuck are other commentators doing then?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This thread was a lot better before all the fair weather Patriots fans showed up.

You still....

Vm2xG55.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users