2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah it was a missed call. Yeah it more than likely cost the Saints the game. Fucking lol that the retards that inhabit New Orleans are actually trying to sue. Even more lol that if it goes through, it opens the doors for a lawsuit over any and every missed call in every future NFL (and probably every sport) game for the rest of time.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
From some foxsports article about records over the past 10 years (article from Jan 2017):

The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999, but have been competitive in the regular season, going 7-9 or better in five of the past 10 seasons.

The Dolphins have finished 7-9 or better seven times in the past 10 years, but this season's playoff berth is only the team's second during that span.

The Jets have finished at .500 or better six different times in the past 10 years, but haven't made the playoffs since 2010

That already puts them at least on par with all the teams from the NFC who get into the playoffs with 7-9 records which seems to happen pretty damn frequently.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah it was a missed call. Yeah it more than likely cost the Saints the game. Fucking lol that the retards that inhabit New Orleans are actually trying to sue. Even more lol that if it goes through, it opens the doors for a lawsuit over any and every missed call in every future NFL (and probably every sport) game for the rest of time.

It's lawyers doing it for publicity for their firm. They know they have no chance.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
From some foxsports article about records over the past 10 years (article from Jan 2017):

The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999, but have been competitive in the regular season, going 7-9 or better in five of the past 10 seasons.

The Dolphins have finished 7-9 or better seven times in the past 10 years, but this season's playoff berth is only the team's second during that span.

The Jets have finished at .500 or better six different times in the past 10 years, but haven't made the playoffs since 2010

That already puts them at least on par with all the teams from the NFC who get into the playoffs with 7-9 records which seems to happen pretty damn frequently.

It's happened once.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Only twice in the last 10 years have losing record teams in the NFC made the playoffs: 2014 Panthers who were 7-8-1, and 2010 Seattle who were 7-9. Both were division winners. Denver won their division in the AFC with an 8-8 record in 2011. Ironically, I think all 3 of these teams won at least 1 playoff game those years.

If we look at both conferences over the last 10 years for how many non 10 win teams have made the playoffs, AFC leads over NFC with 9 teams making the playoffs the last 10 years with less than 10 wins, versus 7 from the NFC. Also, 3 times in those 10 years the AFC has had 2 teams with less than 10 wins make the playoffs, the NFC never had more than 1 in any of those years.

Basically the NFC has had a few outliers, but they're universally division winners in a year when one division is just super weak. They ended up winning a playoff game, too.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heres an interesting question... Does Edelman make the hall of fame? Two rings, could be three in two weeks. Number two all time behind Jerry rice in playoff receptions. His regular season stats wouldn't get him close, but he turns into an animal in the postseason.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
heres an interesting question... Does Edelman make the hall of fame? Two rings, could be three in two weeks. Number two all time behind Jerry rice in playoff receptions. His regular season stats wouldn't get him close, but he turns into an animal in the postseason.

No.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
No chance. It took Art Monk 32423432 years to get into the HoF and he was like top 5 in literally every possible stat a WR could have at the time and had some nice playoff stats/runs himself.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No chance. It took Art Monk 32423432 years to get into the HoF and he was like top 5 in literally every possible stat a WR could have at the time and had some nice playoff stats/runs himself.
fair enough. Do you think he isn't qualified, or is it just the insane logjam at receiver to get into the Hof?

Sterling

El Presidente
fair enough. Do you think he isn't qualified, or is it just the insane logjam at receiver to get into the Hof?
More the first. The bar for WR to get into the hall is pretty damn high and is just going to get crazier as time goes on with how pass happy the league is now. Terrell Owens didn't even get in until his 3rd season eligible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Patriots are a who's who of extremely talented but probably not quite Hall of Fame level players. In fact I'm betting 10-20 years from now, the lack of HoF inductees from their Super Bowl rosters will be one of the things that makes the Patriots legacy even more ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More the first. The bar for WR to get into the hall is pretty damn high and is just going to get crazier as time goes on with how pass happy the league is now. Terrell Owens didn't even get in until his 3rd season eligible.
I don't necessarily disagree. I just love Edelman. I'm a pats fan (lifelong Maine resident) and have been around here for a few years now, but after all the "pats fans only show up in the playoffs" I didn't want to chime in at the wrong moment.

That being said fuck t.o. What a piece of trash. The much more egregious ignored receiver was Chris carter.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Patriots are a who's who of extremely talented but probably not quite Hall of Fame level players. In fact I'm betting 10-20 years from now, the lack of HoF inductees from their Super Bowl rosters will be one of the things that makes the Patriots legacy even more ridiculous.
It might also be the reason they are so consistently successful though. They never tie up too much cap space on a single player, and even generational talents like gronk are expected to block all game (and never bitch about lack of touches/targets) when the game plan calls for it.

I heard some drunk guy at a bar say it beautifully once in a poker analogy. "Would you take pocket queens, and get surprised by the flop, or take a twos full of threes full house every hand".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Aside from the obvious Brady, I'm not sure how many there will be. Moss, but he played the bulk of his career elsewhere. Ty Law has been close and might get in soon. Gronk is very likely. Mankins, Seymour and Harrison are sort of fringe possibilities? I'm sure I'm missing some but they'll have some but it won't be anything like the 70s Steelers/Cowboys.
I don't necessarily disagree. I just love Edelman. I'm a pats fan (lifelong Maine resident) and have been around here for a few years now, but after all the "pats fans only show up in the playoffs" I didn't want to chime in at the wrong moment.

That being said fuck t.o. What a piece of trash. The much more egregious ignored receiver was Chris carter.
The Monk thing is far shittier than the Carter thing. He had to get to the Veterans Committee. Powerful stupid on the voters. Edelman is kind of a continuation of what Welker was doing and he's not going to make the HoF either. It's just going to get to the point where you need something really strange to get in without like 1500 catches or something.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aside from the obvious Brady, I'm not sure how many there will be. Moss, but he played the bulk of his career elsewhere. Ty Law has been close and might get in soon. Gronk is very likely. Mankins, Seymour and Harrison are sort of fringe possibilities? I'm sure I'm missing some but they'll have some but it won't be anything like the 70s Steelers/Cowboys.

The Monk thing is far shittier than the Carter thing. He had to get to the Veterans Committee. Powerful stupid on the voters. Edelman is kind of a continuation of what Welker was doing and he's not going to make the HoF either. It's just going to get to the point where you need something really strange to get in without like 1500 catches or something.
dont disagree at all.

In the same way we see receiver stats escalating as the rules change, and there is a buildup of Hof candidates at that position do you think we see the same thing at qb? For example, does rivers make the Hof?

Sterling

El Presidente
dont disagree at all.

In the same way we see receiver stats escalating as the rules change, and there is a buildup of Hof candidates at that position do you think we see the same thing at qb? For example, does rivers make the Hof?
It's hard to say. I think there's a good chance he'll probably get in and be sort of the floor level of modern guys. He gets in, Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger obviously get in. Eli maybe does because of 2 Super Bowl thing although I think Rivers is significantly better. Ryan, Palmer, Stafford all going to not make it even with huge passing numbers. Things are all relative. If someone put up Roger Staubach passing numbers today they'd be trash tier.

Forgot about Brees. He also obviously makes it in.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I’d say Walker has a better shot at the Hall than Edelman. Edelman will for sure get in to the Patriots Hall of Fame, but can’t see the case for the Hall in Canton. These teams were never built on individual stats, it was always guys buying in to Belichicks creed of just doing your job. Plenty of guys leave and have great individual success, but don’t win championships, because the teams they go to are run by retards. Truly a testament to Belichick the GM and coach.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Edelman isn't even in the top 3 for receivers Tom has worked with. Brown>Welker>Moss>Edelman

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Edelman is the most fun though. Dude gets into it. I think right now he is a no. If he balls out in the SB and then has another couple good seasons without injury I give him a probably not but maybe.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
:D
MenwhowantpatsSB.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users