2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why is every salty-boy post saying "Rams offense sucked" instead of just admitting that Patriots defense kicked some serious ass tonight. Yes, the Rams offense was abysmal. So was the Patriots offense. Everyone touting how fantastic the Rams D was while giving no credit to the Patriots defense, just trying to blame Goff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Um, its called a game plan?

Any team in the NFL IN ANY GAME would be A fucking OK with letting a team force feed 1 player if the end result on the scoreboard was giving up only 13 points. Rams offense shows up even remotely at all and they likely win this game. They were 2nd in the NFL and averaged 32.9 points per game...they scored 3.........the fuck are you smoking
Fucking lol. You know you are on the right side of a football argument when genj disagrees

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess if you minimize a players performance to just TD's and INTS it certainly could look that way. Brady's performance during the KC game though was pretty fucking clutch and legendary.
Well if there was a headline to sum up the Pats postseason as a whole it would be about the defense, not Brady.

Chiefs : 0 first half points
Rams: completely shit on

Brady didnt play awful by any means, but it was the defense that carried them in the postseason.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why is every salty-boy post saying "Rams offense sucked" instead of just admitting that Patriots defense kicked some serious ass tonight. Yes, the Rams offense was abysmal. So was the Patriots offense. Everyone touting how fantastic the Rams D was while giving no credit to the Patriots defense, just trying to blame Goff.

Because Michel, Brady, and Edelman were still ripping them for large gains left and right, they just couldn't string enough of those first downs together on the same drive to get more than a single TD. Conversely you have shit like Goff standing around to eat the slowest sack in the world and turning what should have been a 4th and 2 into a 4th and 16, or Gurley's only big run of the game coming back on a phantom hold. Even if the Rams defense managed to mostly keep them off the scoreboard, the Patriots offense still looked dangerous all night long. Which is not to say that the Patriots defense didn't play well, but the game plainly looked more like Goff and McVay just didn't belong in the Super Bowl rather than the Pats defense shutting them down. I mean why the hell were they rushing so hard on that drive that ended with a pick? Let's get Brady back on the field ASAP with as much time as he can possibly get to work against our exhausted defense!

Amateur hour bullshit. Neither Goff nor McVay looked like they even belonged in the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I could give a shit if you remember me or not. You are a muppet when it comes to talking football. Especially when you think the game plan was let Edelman do whatever he wants against the no name who shit talked him. Led right to an mvp and an exhausted Rams D who gave up the vital points because while yah the Pat's weren't scoring they were eating up clock and wearing your defense down.

Same shit happened in the KC game. There just happened to be more points on the board at the end.

gak

<Gold Donor>
So do all the McVay coaching tree hires get another look after this? 3 points lol.

nfl.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Although Edelman did a bunch, I thought both secondaries were pretty great in this game. Some of the best play in recent memory imo.

Goff could've easily had 3 interceptions. He's lucky that pass in the first half was tipped incomplete because that shit was getting picked unless the two Pats he threw the ball to ran into each other.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could give a shit if you remember me or not. You are a muppet when it comes to talking football. Especially when you think the game plan was let Edelman do whatever he wants against the no name who shit talked him. Led right to an mvp and an exhausted Rams D who gave up the vital points because while yah the Pat's weren't scoring they were eating up clock and wearing your defense down.

Same shit happened in the KC game. There just happened to be more points on the board at the end.

Wade Phillips or any DC in this league would assume their team won if you told them when the clocked ticked to zero that they held the greatest QB ever to play to 13 points. They would give fuckall what Edelman did or his statline was if this was the outcome.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Well if there was a headline to sum up the Pats postseason as a whole it would be about the defense, not Brady.

Chiefs : 0 first half points
Rams: completely shit on

Brady didnt play awful by any means, but it was the defense that carried them in the postseason.

Chargers vs. New England. (28 -> 41)
Tom Brady: 34/44 c/at 343 yds 7.8 avg 1 TD 0 INT TIME OF POSSESSION: 38:20
-Team Rushing: 34 carries 155 yds 4.6 avg 4 TD

P. Rivers: 25/51 c/at 331 yds 6.5 avg 3 TD 1 INT TIME OF POSSESSION: 21:40
-Team Rushing: 10 carries 19 yds 1.9 avg 1 TD

KC Chiefs vs. New England. (31 -> 37) TIME OF POSSESSION: 43:59
Tom Brady: 30/46 c/at 348 yds 7.6 avg 1 TD 2 INT
-Team Rushing: 48 carries 176 yds 3.7 avg 4 TD

P. Mahomes: 16/31 c/at 295 yds 9.5 avg 3 TD 0 INT TIME OF POSSESSION: 20:53
-Team Rushing: 12 carries 41 yds 3.4 avg 1 TD

I mean, the stats clearly show the Pats D played well, but they also show Brady playing well and it also shows them dominating time of possession. +17m during the Chargers game and a whopping +23m during the KC game. The Pats D during the second half of the KC game? Couldn't stop a single thing and gave up ALL 31KC points. Brady had to go down the field twice just to go ahead/tie the game, including OT where he had a masterful performance including 3 consecutive 3rd and 10s to win the game. Brady and the O shit all over the Chargers because the Chargers ran a Zone D and the Pats D were decent in the first half during the KC game and was so non existent in the second half that it was a literal shootout where whoever had the ball WAS going to score. That's it. I have no idea how anyone can look at the stats and watch the games and come to the conclusion that the Pats D carried the Pats past the Chargers and the Chiefs when Brady ended the Chargers before the half and NE's D was nonexistent for half of KCs game.

The actual SB, though? Yeah, New England AND Rams showed up to play D and both played out of their minds, while both Brady and Goff had offensive games that both are not particularly proud of.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Let the Steelers fan be salty guys, Brady now has as many rings as his whole franchise. There is no more mystique about the Steelers, it’s a sad day in that honk city.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like I didn’t miss much. I found some show about fish during halftime show, fell asleep on couch. Just now woke up for work.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah Brady completed 68% of his passes and threw for 953 yards in 3 games? I get it their running game punched in the majority of their TD's, but just like last night he completes the deep ball to Gronk who goes down on the 1, they stuff it in on the run from there. Seems more situational that he just didn't end up with more TD's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gurley getting only 11 touches in a game that had a one score margin for all but <1.5 minutes is completely absurd.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Same bat time same bat channel.

The best way to stop potent offenses is to keep them sitting on the sidelines. The pats did that for all 3 playoff games. And it worked. Defense of opponent gets worn down, offense of opponent does not get into a rhythm.

Game while close, in all honesty, should have been a pats blowout, just the Rams D kept the pats from finishing drives.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user