2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How much regret the Bears will have not throwing that Vikings game?
So much luck on the Eagles side to have what has happened in the last 2 weeks.

They better score more than 7 against the Saints.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
ice ice baby.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
How much regret the Bears will have not throwing that Vikings game?
So much luck on the Eagles side to have what has happened in the last 2 weeks.

They better score more than 7 against the Saints.

Can't regret winning a game. Especially since it wasn't like we got housed in this one. Poor play by Mitch in the first half and Fucking Parkey lost us the game.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
some boring games over the weekend

wtf were the ravens thinking, they could not run the ball and Kept jackson in? that just takes balls- flacco -might- have been able to throw against the chargers D, they were stacking the box

and i forgot to make my predictions for the WC games...
divisional:

pats
colts
saints
rams

conf
pats
saints

sb
pats

YES I AM A HOMER!

• 2Worf

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Can't regret winning a game. Especially since it wasn't like we got housed in this one. Poor play by Mitch in the first half and Fucking Parkey lost us the game.

Nah. If you have to rely on your kicker to win the game, then it is entirely on your defense and offense's fault for not holding the other team to less points or getting a damn lead.

Also, your kicker should have been cut after that four doink game lmao. And his kick's trajectory was altered slightly by a hand at the line, so who knows if it would have just made it in rather than hitting the uprights.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Your shitty line allowing 2 blocked field goals and a blocked punt lost you the game. Don't blame your shitty kicker.

No. Don’t be that guy who goes back saying all these other plays lost the game. It came down to Parkey.

Now had you said Nagy and his shitty clock management? Maybe. Nagy’s conservative play calling? Maybe.

As a bears fan I thought big Mitch was gonna shit the bed. He didn’t. He made some good throws.

This loss is all on Ryan Pace and the kicker he signed. He signed a shitty kicker and let go of Gould. Gould since has been 84 of 87. Cut Parkey suck up the cap hit.

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No. Don’t be that guy who goes back saying all these other plays lost the game.

Lost by 1 point, had 2 field goals blocked.

Don't be a fucking derp. There's more to the game than the last play.

• 4Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Love idiots who only focus on the last play. Like, do you really think scoring 15 points is an acceptable offensive output for a team looking to win the Super Bowl?

Anyway, it is strange they didn't resign Robbie Gould. Guy is a career 87.8% kicker and the last year with the Bears he hit 7/9 50+ yard field goals. In San Francisco, he's been unstoppable, hitting 96% of his FGs. Maybe it feels wrong spending 3-4 million on a kicker per year but given how much grief a missed kick causes, I don't think it's too much.

• 4Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Love idiots who only focus on the last play. Like, do you really think scoring 15 points is an acceptable offensive output for a team looking to win the Super Bowl?

Anyway, it is strange they didn't resign Robbie Gould. Guy is a career 87.8% kicker and the last year with the Bears he hit 7/9 50+ yard field goals. In San Francisco, he's been unstoppable, hitting 96% of his FGs. Maybe it feels wrong spending 3-4 million on a kicker per year but given how much grief a missed kick causes, I don't think it's too much.

Regardless the course of the game, if you are in an easy position to win the game by field goal and he misses...that game is on the kicker.

That being said...

Slow-Mo Video Appears to Show Cody Parkey's FG Was Tipped by Treyvon Hester

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This loss is all on Ryan Pace and the kicker he signed. He signed a shitty kicker and let go of Gould. Gould since has been 84 of 87. Cut Parkey suck up the cap hit.
You've got some rose colored glasses with Gould there. He didn't start getting super accurate until after the Bears let him walk. He wasn't just a cap hit.

1546882986317.png

Edit: And for comparison, Parkey. He had a couple solid years outside of 2016 leading into this year.

1546883091549.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not that people only focus on the last play...but some games are going to be close and come down to needing to execute. Bears got the ball back with under a minute left and 1 timeout. Getting into decent FG position was good execution. Sometimes it does come down to one play at the end, one way or the other, and it needs to be executed. Problem is almost impossible to know if the kick misses without the slight tip...it is what it is. It's easy to say "don't leave it up to that", but some games are going to come down to it. There's a bunch of instances in every game that would completely change the outlook, settling for FG's early, Bears' D not stopping Philly on 4th and goal at the end there...but the main reason the last play gets all the focus is because there isn't time to correct a mistake then or time for the opposing team to come back if you execute it well.

The masses of Ravens fans clamoring for Flacco at halftime was amazing yesterday. When you talk about leaving Jackson in without being able to run it, I think people forget what Flacco looked like the past 5 years without the running game being much of a success. Far to many games like their first one against Cleveland this year when Flacco has 56 passing attempts, and the team loses 12-9. Also some of the crazy scrambling and throws Jackson made in the 4th quarter to inexplicably turn that into an actual game at the end Flacco wouldn't have had a prayer of making. Chargers basically sitting Gordon once they went up 23-3 and not bringing him back in until it was 23-17 almost cost them. That holding call too...shit was brutal. Had they blown that it would have been biggest 4th quarter choke I can remember.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The masses of Ravens fans clamoring for Flacco at halftime was amazing yesterday. When you talk about leaving Jackson in without being able to run it, I think people forget what Flacco looked like the past 5 years without the running game being much of a success. Far to many games like their first one against Cleveland this year when Flacco has 56 passing attempts, and the team loses 12-9. Also some of the crazy scrambling and throws Jackson made in the 4th quarter to inexplicably turn that into an actual game at the end Flacco wouldn't have had a prayer of making. Chargers basically sitting Gordon once they went up 23-3 and not bringing him back in until it was 23-17 almost cost them. That holding call too...shit was brutal. Had they blown that it would have been biggest 4th quarter choke I can remember.

You're retroactively justifying the decision to leave Flacco benched with Jackson's 4th quarter performance. The dude had put out 3 absolutely terrible quarters at the time that people were calling for Flacco to go back in. and...the Ravens still lost. Maybe we get EREET FRACCO, maybe we get the same shmuck who got himself benched earlier in the season, but Harbaugh stuck with Jackson and now they're done for the year.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Obviously no one listened to ESPN suck off Foles today or they would have known that the Bears could have never stopped this guy. It was fate and he's fucking magical! Is anyone at ESPN heterosexual? I've never seen so many men spend all year sucking off one athlete or another. They are also believers in the last score is the only one that matters and the rest of the game is filler.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, Foles was mediocre for half the game when he wasn't even getting pressured much.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
we do not know if flacco would suck if he played in the 2nd half

we DO know that JACKSON sucked for 3/4th of the game. and flacco CAN throw the ball (or could at one time) so with jackson they lost, and possibly with flacco they would have lost, but unless you play, you will always have the armchair quarterbacks going,,,shoulda played flacco.