2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
BD36A83A-EF9F-4184-BB81-B601D8C63364.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're retroactively justifying the decision to leave Flacco benched with Jackson's 4th quarter performance. The dude had put out 3 absolutely terrible quarters at the time that people were calling for Flacco to go back in. and...the Ravens still lost. Maybe we get EREET FRACCO, maybe we get the same shmuck who got himself benched earlier in the season, but Harbaugh stuck with Jackson and now they're done for the year.

It's also retroactively justifying Flacco's ability to change the outcome overall which doesn't fit with his play the last month or so when he was in, nor the previous 4 or 5 years at this point. Especially when lacking a ground game in support, he's just been bad. Even worse against a pass rush that was getting home, and the Chargers were dominating the Ravens O line yesterday.

Of course there's always a chance...but it's also just an easy excuse to hide behind that "Had we played Flacco we would have won!". I'm not arguing that Jackson was impressive through 3 quarters by any stretch, but their RB's were doing nothing, and their O line was like swiss cheese against the Charger pass rush. Both of those ills have been huge problems for Flacco's play in the past, as well.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's also retroactively justifying Flacco's ability to change the outcome overall which doesn't fit with his play the last month or so when he was in, nor the previous 4 or 5 years at this point. Especially when lacking a ground game in support, he's just been bad. Even worse against a pass rush that was getting home, and the Chargers were dominating the Ravens O line yesterday.

Of course there's always a chance...but it's also just an easy excuse to hide behind that "Had we played Flacco we would have won!". I'm not arguing that Jackson was impressive through 3 quarters by any stretch, but their RB's were doing nothing, and their O line was like swiss cheese against the Charger pass rush. Both of those ills have been huge problems for Flacco's play in the past, as well.

Exactly what was the potential drawback to putting Flacco in, losing so bad it counts against your 2019 season as well?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Exactly what was the potential drawback to putting Flacco in, losing so bad it counts against your 2019 season as well?

Coaches clearly felt that keeping Lamar in gave them a better chance to win the game. Just because you have another option doesn't mean it's the better one.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Coaches clearly felt that keeping Lamar in gave them a better chance to win the game. Just because you have another option doesn't mean it's the better one.
Unless Flacco was going to take the snap and physically hand the ball to a defensive lineman, it wasn't going to get much worse.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Unless Flacco was going to take the snap and physically hand the ball to a defensive lineman, it wasn't going to get much worse.

Given how he has looked the last 5 years against good pass rushes...that's basically what might have happened. Also I'm doubting the RB's who were averaging 2.57 yards a carry combined were suddenly going to do better with Flacco out there versus the threat of Jackson running (he managed 6 yards a carry at least).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Snow forecast for this weekend in KC. Really don't like that if it comes in heavy as that should play more to the Colts' favor.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean he still kind of sucks. But Trubisky also sucks which is a much bigger problem.

Trubisky is a "good enough" QB, but their offense as a whole is lukewarm and they're clearly counting on getting good field position from their defense. They're 9th in PPG (but only just behind five of the teams ahead of them) but 21st in total yards for the season (1 yard ahead of the Cowboys who had a much worse season). IMO all they really need are some offensive weapons to back up Trubisky but it would take some luck to get a weapon or two without having to give something up elsewhere.

I mean they aren't stupid enough to trade for Antonio Brown right? Right?!?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who does everyone have this weekend? I have saints, chargers, colts and Rams.

• 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
My buddy is a huge eagles fan, and I'd rather play them next week anyways so....
Birds
Bolts
Colts
Rams

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
McDaniels: No more interviews, staying with Pats

after the shit he pulled, no one is gonna take him seriously for a long long time. I'm surprised Packers called him up to begin with. His only option is to stay and hope that old man Bill dies or something. Most likely scenario: Bill and Brady retire at the same time in a few years. Josh takes over and sucks balls for a couple of seasons and then gets fired

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Who does everyone have this weekend? I have saints, chargers, colts and Rams.

WC
Colts over Texans
Chargers over Ravens
Bears over Eagles
Cowboys over Seahawks

Divisional
KC over Colts
Patriots over Chargers
Rams over Bears
Saints over Cowboys

Conference Championships
Saints over Rams
KC over Patriots

SB
Saints over KC

Only missed the Bears/Eagles game last week.

So I'll stick with my AFC picks:
Chiefs and Patriots

NFC:
I know in my head the Rams will win, but YOLO FUCKERS!!!
Cowboys and Saints

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like