2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Chiefs over Colts - I'm worried about the running attack by the Colts, especially in the snow. But the Chiefs' ability to get pressure and the Colts inability to get it defensively will be the difference, I think.
Rams over Cowboys -- Cowboys defense is not as good as people think, imo. I think the Rams will be able to break them down.
Saints over Eagles - Nick Foles, you're not magical. I expect the Eagles will get some points but Saints win the turnover battle.

The hardest one for me is Chargers vs Patriots. On a neutral field, I'd definitely go with Chargers, but playing in Foxboro in the cold will be tough. However, with Josh Gordon gone, I really have my doubts about the Patriots opening up the field in the passing game. The Chargers defense in the second half of the season has been pretty good and I think they can get pressure on Brady without blitzing a ton. I'm going to go with the Chargers on a last second field goal that hits the left upright, the cross bar, then the right upright before going in.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Rams over Colts -- Cowboys defense is not as good as people think, imo. I think the Rams will be able to break them down.
Saints over Eagles - Nick Foles, you're not magical. I expect the Eagles will get some points but Rams win the turnover battle.

I don't think you even know who is playing this weekend.

• 3Ice Burn
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

I don't think you even know who is playing this weekend.

Well, I do, but that's some serious brain farts there. I at least reference the Cowboys there. I'm a Chiefs fan so I definitely know the Colts aren't playing the Rams.

That's what I get for typing/editing on mobile.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only real weather factor for the Chargers will be it should be around ~30 degrees for the game. Chargers are 8-1 on the road so far this year, so not like just being away from "home" will affect them. Be curious to see how Melvin Gordon is doing with both of his knees being an issue. Chargers ability to run the football will be important.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The only real weather factor for the Chargers will be it should be around ~30 degrees for the game. Chargers are 8-1 on the road so far this year, so not like just being away from "home" will affect them. Be curious to see how Melvin Gordon is doing with both of his knees being an issue. Chargers ability to run the football will be important.

The Chargers also showed last week that the 1PM EST kickoff doesn't affect them as much as it has other west coast teams.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Merrith

The Chargers also showed last week that the 1PM EST kickoff doesn't affect them as much as it has other west coast teams.

That's a good point. Isn't the overall record for West coast teams going east for 1pm EST games really shitty?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I really doubt that 30 degrees is a factor in a football game. Everyone feels the same weather and it's not like Tom Brady grew up milking cows in Wisconsin or something. He's from California and has a house in LA. I'm not sure he feels the cold that much less than Phil Rivers.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eagles
Cowboys
Chiefs
Pats

Shit is easy.

1C03C4DB-217A-4761-B4AB-676CFFB183F9.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I really doubt that 30 degrees is a factor in a football game. Everyone feels the same weather and it's not like Tom Brady grew up milking cows in Wisconsin or something. He's from California and has a house in LA. I'm not sure he feels the cold that much less than Phil Rivers.

I'm not sure if it will be for Rivers...but there are definitely some QB's/teams that play worse in cold weather. Now granted, 30's and not much wind or rain/snow is a lot different than around 0 with wind and snow or some shit, but I'd be some dome teams/QB's have more trouble in it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Agree and disagree with this. The weather will affect different players to different degrees, but it has very little to do with where someone has spent around 4 months out of the year for the last couple years.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm just gonna go chalk this weekend. Outside of QB's dying for the #1 and 2 seeds I don't see those teams losing. If I had to pick against one team though it'd be the Patriots but I know better than to do that before the Super Bowl.

DickTrickle

Coaching changes are coming fast and furious. Kingsbury to Arizona and Arians to the Bucs now.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The best weekend in football is approaching....

Dallas' run defense is the best left in the playoffs - their passing defense isn't as bad as the stats look, but is extremely susceptible to big plays giving up big yardage. Seattle, for some strange and idiotic reason decided to try to force the run on Dallas. It didn't work, and most of their big plays and scores came on the back of big throws by Wilson. LA has a much better offense than Seattle, will they try to establish run at the expense of airing it out against a young, inexperienced secondary? I hope so, but we'll see.

LA on the other hand, can be run against. Dallas' strength on offense is running Zeke off right. Dallas' path to victory is slowing the game down, and baiting LA into trying to run it against Dallas - if they can impose their will Dallas will win. If it turns into anything resembling a shootout, or Dallas playing from behind, it might get ugly. Should be fun.

Philly has all the tools to beat the Saint's on the road, but the Saints at home to me are the best/scariest team in the NFL this season. They have an experienced QB at the height of his powers, a good coach and a ton of confidence. Philly's defense was mostly good this weekend and is peaking at the perfect time. The offense has enough weapons to hurt New Orleans, particularly Sproles on those little dump passes. Think New Orleans will probably win, but Philly is the last team I'd want to play if I was New Orleans.

Kansas City is my favorite non-Dallas team in the NFL. Fun to watch, big play potential every down and can kill you in multiple ways. Indy is playing like New York was when they won their last Super Bowl though and momentum to me trumps talent 90% of the time. If the weather is absolutely putrid, I think KC will win - if it's decent I think Indy is talented enough, hot enough and capable of winning.

Tom Brady vs. PhillipRiversface, clash of the titans. Chargers are a team capable of winning the Super Bowl, but I can't see them winning on the road against the most deplorable franchise in sports. NE has a better coach, home field and I believe one last decent run left in them. I hope LA wins by 50, but I can't see it.

That said....

Dallas
Philly
Indy
NE

Philly
Indy...

INDY SB CHAMPS

• 2Like