2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think that showing that in 10 years they've never been in the bottom half of the league as far as strength of schedule really helps your point.

higher number = easier schedule

edit: and it's AFC only, so 16th = easiest schedule you could have. Since we're only talking making AFC championship. No reason to include NFC

Sterling

El Presidente

edit: and it's AFC only, so 16th = easiest schedule you could have. Since we're only talking making AFC championship. No reason to include NFC
You're right about that them getting a bye and at least 1 home game every year helps tremendously. You're wrong about the AFC East being all doormats. If you look at the chart/data provided the AFC East is actually in the top half of the league in terms of win percentage discounting the division winner. SoS is hard to predict since outside of playing teams that finished similarly ranked teams in the other divisions, the full divisions you play each year changes. It's not New England's fault lots of previous season division winners backslide the next season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I missed the AFC only part. For the record, it's still a sour grapes, loser, pussy ass bitch argument to make, but I retract my previous post.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only avenue to shit on the Patriots for the last 20 years is this guy... other than that, Brady and Belichick are pretty unassailable.
8669787.jpg

b69cff2abb50a4bd132021675014a317.png

9051b08b7cd34adaa76a33abd89d7127.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The Patriots are 71-19 since 2003 in the AFC East. That’s a .788 winning percentage. Outside the division, they are 118-32 (.786). So their record outside their division is the same as against their division, and they play all the other previous season division winners every year. So there's that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I am surprised the afc North and nfc south has that high a winning percentage...
however for the past decade its been bengals ravens and steelers being "good(over 500)" teams and only the browns sucking.

you also have to remember despite the 6 games in the afc against "average" teams they also had first place schedule all the time.
you know i thought the schedule would be more "diverse" but it isn't really so the patriots for the past 9 years or so have played AT LEAST 4 teams the previous year that won their division (all 3 afc division winners, and one from the nfc) and potentially a few wild card teams

in 2017 the patriots played 9 games vs the previous year's playoff teams

in 2017, of the teams the patriots played, 7 made the playoffs.

this past year, the patriots played at least 7 games vs playoff teams the previous year

so despite being in the afc east, the patriots PLAY quality teams a lot of the time

so next year for the Patriots.
6 games vs afc east - no playoff teams this year
4 games vs afc north - ravens
4 games vs nfc east - eagles and cowboys
texans (won division)
chiefs (won division)

so potentially a relatively "easy" #1 schedule.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The great ones always make the competition look like crap.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fuck that pole smoking faggot Brady regardless of his teams record.

Pieces of human garbage like Uber Uberest Uber Uberest are the kind of inbred people that love the pats. That is all you have to know.

Every single person at work that is an annoying piece of shit just so happens to be a Patriots fan. Every one of them try to extrapolate their one team winning to them being winners at life.

There isn’t a single Patriots fan that I know that I wouldn’t purge in a heartbeat if it was legal.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Fuck that pole smoking faggot Brady regardless of his teams record.

Pieces of human garbage like Uber Uberest Uber Uberest are the kind of inbred people that love the pats. That is all you have to know.

Every single person at work that is an annoying piece of shit just so happens to be a Patriots fan. Every one of them try to extrapolate their one team winning to them being winners at life.

There isn’t a single Patriots fan that I know that I wouldn’t purge in a heartbeat if it was legal.

I love when a_skeleton_03 gets worked up. Just to extrapolate further, Brady, Pats head to site of struggles at Dolphins | Reuters . 7-10 at Miami. Steelers would die for that with their 3-8 record vs him. Or Chargers, 2-9. 4-15 Colts, 1-9 Texans. Should I go on? No one has consistently beat Brady outside of Miami in Miami.

latest

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lenardo and Brahma haven't been bad Pats fans. They're homers, especially Lenardo, but they aren't utter filth like some others.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am surprised the afc North and nfc south has that high a winning percentage...

You're surprised the North had that high a winning percentage? I know the Browns drag down the average, but we're talking about a full decade where Steelers and Ravens were pretty much playoff teams most every year, and/or the Bengals included in some of those years. South is way bigger surprise since they had some really shit down years for awhile before the last couple of years when a few of their teams have started to turn the corner (or looked like they were, but instead fell on their faces like the Jags this year after making AFC title game last year). Also didn't realize the West had so many years of one dominant team and everyone else being garbage

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Being better than everyone is not as easy it seems, I think God chose me because he knew I could bare it. Some lesser men would brag if they were as great as me, but I’m just not that type of guy.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still remember Nick Foles out playing Tom Brady to take away his 6th title.

This year it will be Goff.

• 3Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I dont understand people who "choose" to like a team. Im a southern Missouri hillbilly and the Chiefs were the team for Missouri hillbillys in the 1980s. When the Cowboys started winning, all the kids who I already thought were assholes started wearing Cowboys gear. I didn't get it then and I still don't get it today.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont understand people who "choose" to like a team. Im a southern Missouri hillbilly and the Chiefs were the team for Missouri hillbillys in the 1980s. When the Cowboys started winning, all the kids who I already thought were assholes started wearing Cowboys gear. I didn't get it then and I still don't get it today.

Gotta remember for a certain age group, Cowboys were the bandwagon team with 3 SB's in 4 years back in the mid 90's. Couple that with all the America's Team bs, and there you go. Yankees dominance around end of the 90's very similar, Bulls too during the 90's.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
It was after they started winning Superbowls. No one where I'm from gave a shit about the Cowboys before they started winning all the time. I didn't like it when I was 12 and I still dont like it today.

I was able to rationalize liking the Bulls then because they were geographically the closest team to me.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Southern Missouri hillbillies going to be sporting some ISIS avatars soon.
Nobody will bet your welching faggot ass again.

I like how you thought I would be a cock guzzling faggot like you and hide out on an alt. I guess we found out the true winner here. My sports team lost a game that 99% of the population including me figured they would lose. I knew they were most likely going to lose and was having fun with a harmless bet. We would laugh about it and I would wear a shitty pro Pats or anti Chargers avatar for a couple weeks.

Nope, you are the kind of guy that leaves the breaker on and tells your buddy to go ahead and take the socket off the wall. If he dies you would shrug and say “it was just a prank”.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Not only does Montana not have an NFL team, it's not even bordered by a state that has one. For this reason I think you should get to root for any team you want if you live here.

• 2Like