2019 NFL Post Season Thread - Rams vs. Patriots for SuperBowl

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If Foles made it to another Superbowl I'd think there would be a legitimate controversy, but scoring a combined 30 pts in 2 playoff games is a piss-poor performance and even the redskins game wasn't a good look (even though they won 24-0, he looked like shit for most of it).
He had 2 good games: Rams & Houston, then fell off a cliff.

Eagles won't keep him.

If he made it to another Superbowl I'd have argued he start next season as a Starter until performance warrants Wentz but he didn't end the season strongly enough and will be heading elsewhere.

Teams will need to decide between him or Flacco.
The Eagles were playing like garbage until Foles took the field this year. Hos record is pretty good if you remove the Jeff Fisher taint. Really good if you remove his 6 rookie games in 2012. Wentz hasn't proven anything except he will miss alot of games.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The Eagles were playing like garbage until Foles took the field this year. Hos record is pretty good if you remove the Jeff Fisher taint. Really good if you remove his 6 rookie games in 2012. Wentz hasn't proven anything except he will miss alot of games.

Foles played great when nobody expected it but overall his stats are worse than Wentz this season. Yes, the team had 0 offense in the 1st half when Wentz played, Foles improved that, but aside from the Rams & Houston games, Foles wasn't as good as Wentz.

Foles 5 games : 7 TD 4 INT
Wentz 11 games : 21 TD 7 INT

Foles Yards/Attempt : 7.2
Wentz Yards / Attempt : 7.7

QB Rating:
Foles : 96
Wentz : 102.2

Only stat Foles wins: Cmp% (doesn't win if including playoff games):
Foles : 72.3
Wentz : 69.6

Playoff stats:
Foles Wildcard game: 2 TD 2 INT 62.5% cmp% 77.7 Rating
Foles Divisional game: 1 TD 2 INT 58% cmp% 61.4 Rating

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Some of the reason Foles gets such praise is because it wasn't expected from a near 30 year old backup. But just like Joe Flacco's Super Bowl run proves... a handful of good games does not an elite QB make.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some of the reason Foles gets such praise is because it wasn't expected from a near 30 year old backup. But just like Joe Flacco's Super Bowl run proves... a handful of good games does not an elite QB make.

I do think Foles brings an element to the Eagles offense that Wentz (this year at least coming off the ACL) didn't. It feels like he pushes the ball downfield more. Jeffery seems to become the primary target whereas Ertz is with Wentz in. Not that both aren't great players, it's just a different looking offense and feels like he'll get the big play more often.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
As a Broncos fan, I am torn as to who I want to win in the AFC Championship. I'd be happy with a meteor hitting the stadium. But that won't happen. So what I can hope for is the Chiefs lose (so I can continue to bring up the fact that the Chiefs have not won the Lamar Hunt trophy, named after their founder, once yet since it was named after him. Love that stat.) And then the Saints or Rams win the SB.

• 1Salty

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Also keep in mind the Eagles had some big returns from injuries about the same time Foles stepped in. Sproles was a huge asset at the end there. Wentz really had nobody around him, especially a line, and he was being pummeled every play. Part of that is keeping the ball too long too, but so many games defenders run right to him unimpeded. Injury situation is problematic going forward, and in a way I kinda think he still could have played this season, I believe they wanted to try Foles so Wentz a game's rest and since Foles did so well they kept the hot hand in. After beating the Rams you can't really put Wentz back in without facing serious backlash from fans.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I have no idea what patriots team is going to show up sunday...If the team plays the way they can play (like last sunday), they will beat the chiefs.

if the Defense plays badly, then we will have a game with 90+ pts scored between the 2 teams. and whichever team has the ball last will most likely win.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have no idea what patriots team is going to show up sunday...If the team plays the way they can play (like last sunday), they will beat the chiefs.

if the Defense plays badly, then we will have a game with 90+ pts scored between the 2 teams. and whichever team has the ball last will most likely win.

Could make the same claim about the Chiefs defense. if they played like they did last week, they could easily win. But I do agree there is a potential for this to be a pretty high scoring game that would be a lot of fun to watch.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think turnovers will be pretty key since I don't think either defense is really going to be consistent in stopping the other side. The two interceptions by Mahomes in the first game were killer (one was in the Pats red zone and the other was the first play after a kickoff).

I think the Chiefs do have a really good pash rush that is somehow underrated and getting four man pressure has always been Brady's playoff Achilles heel.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Pat's won't have home field advantage this time either. They play worse on the road like most teams.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Chiefs were missing Justin Houston on the D line last time they played and it looks like Eric Berry is going to play (considering they shit canned Ron Parker yesterday to bring the Doctor back from IR).

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Plus they probably won't have 3 starting linebackers out like the Chargers either.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
49384548_2317516888294986_8926273055747997696_o.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I said the Super Bowl would be Saints / Patriots before the wildcards, so I have to stick with that.

Come on KC, redeem Playoffs Andy Reid!

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Pats beat KC by 6. 30-24.

PM will have a chance to tie it, but throws an INT 'cause you know, he's on KC...

Or Reid calls 4 straight run plays from his own 10 because he doesn't want to take the chance of PM throws an INT. You know, he Andy Reid's it up.

• 1Truth!