(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
if you buy a ubisoft game, you're fucking stupid. This series is fucking gay, and you'll end up with a broken piece of shit software which has been downgraded into the fucking toilet. Just burn your money now to save yourself the embarrassment.
Lololol insta thread dummy right here. The last AC game was worth the price of admission. The one before was worth the sale price.

This one is vikings.

Go play a walking sim, Nancy.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
do whatever the fuck you want with your money. Idgaf if you suck the fat ubisoft cock for a downgraded retard game. go for it

• 2Salty
  • 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Jx3

Riddle me this...
do whatever the fuck you want with your money. Idgaf if you suck the fat ubisoft cock for a downgraded retard game. go for it
Where did Ubisoft touch you bro? Show us on the Viking

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You going to sit in the corner of this thread and watch all of us slurp that ubi cock? You want the lights on, off or dimmed?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
What? No black people or POC for that matter? This game has too many white folks in it. Guess this game was mean't for Nazi right wing skinheaded white supramacies groups.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

FatHomelyGuillemot-small.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

A couple generations of consoles back, games like those of Ubi were made for the so called 'greatest common denominator' of the different platforms, so it was not unfair to say that every version of the game was a downgrade compared to what it could have been if optimized for its platform. I am not sure it is much of an argument nowadays. The architecture of the different consoles is much more similar which helps multi-platform engines to perform well (one could hope these engines are also better optimized over the years). On top of that, the increase in power of the hardware coupled with the law of diminishing return means that a game that used 70% of the power at hand then was dramatically more noticeable than one that uses 70% of the power now.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some dude evaluating the trailer for historical accuracy (somewhat interesting, but could use some better editing):

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Some dude evaluating the trailer for historical accuracy (somewhat interesting, but could use some better editing):

Using fire arrows in a game or movie is basically letting everyone know you don't give a fuck about historical accuracy when you have to decide between it and what's cool. Anyone who sees that, ignores it and starts to weigh in on it in a judgmental way is foolish, or probably just an internet personality looking to get some clicks on some controversy on whatever is hot right now, which is fine.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
(Not Viking related)

Some fun facts about Normandy as well. Every game / movie we see bullets whizzing into transports as they get out seemingly destroying those just trying to get into the water.

German accounts of D-Day and those that were allied are also not representative of this. Germans were trained to not shoot out of range, and instructed to wait until they were waist deep and almost to the beach itself before firing. So none of the things we see in Medal of Honor Alied Assault or Saving private Ryan actually ever happened as was described.

There are two really good book reads on this:

And a Book 2 as well under the same author.

Good stuff.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Using fire arrows in a game or movie is basically letting everyone know you don't give a fuck about historical accuracy when you have to decide between it and what's cool. Anyone who sees that, ignores it and starts to weigh in on it in a judgmental way is foolish, or probably just an internet personality looking to get some clicks on some controversy on whatever is hot right now, which is fine.

Fuck you now I want to watch gladiator

• 3Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
(Not Viking related)

Some fun facts about Normandy as well. Every game / movie we see bullets whizzing into transports as they get out seemingly destroying those just trying to get into the water.

German accounts of D-Day and those that were allied are also not representative of this. Germans were trained to not shoot out of range, and instructed to wait until they were waist deep and almost to the beach itself before firing. So none of the things we see in Medal of Honor Alied Assault or Saving private Ryan actually ever happened as was described.

There are two really good book reads on this:

And a Book 2 as well under the same author.

Good stuff.
Fuck you. Everything about Saving Privaye Ryan is perfect

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
German accounts of D-Day and those that were allied are also not representative of this. Germans were trained to not shoot out of range,

Your links are broken but I think German fortifications at the time were equipped with the infamous MG-42, its effective range is 200-2000m, so unless they were shooting the beach from Paris there's hardly a "out of range" scenario going on there. Also typical MG-42 support teams were also equipped with K98s, a rifle with ~500m effective range. I'm not saying it wasn't dramatized, but shooting at barges with machine guns doesn't seem stupid, especially since soldiers are too busy getting off the boat and trying to find cover rather than respond to heavy fire.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Your links are broken but I think German fortifications at the time were equipped with the infamous MG-42, its effective range is 200-2000m, so unless they were shooting the beach from Paris there's hardly a "out of range" scenario going on there. Also typical MG-42 support teams were also equipped with K98s, a rifle with ~500m effective range. I'm not saying it wasn't dramatized, but shooting at barges with machine guns doesn't seem stupid, especially since soldiers are too busy getting off the boat and trying to find cover rather than respond to heavy fire.

Read the book. It clearly explains it. :)