(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of skills like Grit that are buried in the furthest parts of the skill tree, wtf is the point of having fog-of-war on skills? You can just repeatedly spend and reset to uncover it all, but then when you quit and game and come back later it's all fogged again. Just makes it irritating to remember where skills like Grit and Heavy Dual Wield are.
Agree. Makes no sense to hide skills when you can reset for free. I hate googling for anything in games, but the fact that I can get the same information by repeatedly resetting skills makes me feel not so bad about it.

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying the game, they definitely changed combat a bit, seems to be less mash buttons and more thought process involved now. I really dislike that there is no out of combat health regen. The collecting food, plants etc for heals just feels dumb and can see it getting monotonous quickly. Story is good, it's Odyssey with a new twist, I loved the hell out of Odyssey and would have been fine with a reskin and new story. Could not get into Origins at all, I dig Egypt just didn't like the mechanics or the character, I'm probably racist now. I'll play this till cyber punk when ever that may release.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the point of the skill that lets you swap duel wield weapon hands.
Not much really. You can swap your mainhand weapon to offhand when you want to do that weapon's Hold-L1 attack instead.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What's the point of the skill that lets you swap duel wield weapon hands.
I'm left handed. Shield in the left hand always feels weird to me. But hiding it behind a skill point is some silly shit.

Only about 30mins in so far. The combat animations definitely feel weird. They have some kind of ramping time warp effect, like slowmotion -> sped up. Feels like street fighter.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else find the side quest were this dizzy broad can’t enjoy sex with her man unless it’s during a raid. She they ask you to break thier stuff, but that’s not good enough so they ask you to burn down thier household as they fuck inside?

Ubisoft employees are bat shit crazy.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else find the side quest were this dizzy broad can’t enjoy sex with her man unless it’s during a raid. She they ask you to break thier stuff, but that’s not good enough so they ask you to burn down thier household as they fuck inside?

Ubisoft employees are bat shit crazy.
I wonder if there's another quest where a Viking can't get off unless he ass blasts her when she's in the middle of cooking dinner?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems to be a lot more crazy/silly quests this time around.
Yeah. I like the dude who "won" a fight with someone but ended up with an axe in his head. He's still alive, if a bit aloof. He asks you to help him with whatever is giving him a headache so you pull the axe out and he dies. Good times.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ubi has always had issues with controllers. I never could play the AC where you were in early America due to that issue. It would work in the menus but not in game.

Haven't bought an AC game since.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Valhalla on PS5 destroys ps pro! Holy shit!!!!!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Think I'm going to table this until it is possible to grab a 3080 or a 6800xt. This is the first game that has actually disappointed me on my current 980TI set up. I haven't really gone PC recently on new big releases, it has mostly been indie Metroidvania stuff with a couple other 2-3 year old games. Anyways, the amount I need to turn it down to get a stable / locked 60 just makes it look bad at 1440p. No big deal, wasn't hooked. Maybe can go back and play one of the others I skipped since the $15 is gone at this point.

Or Rayman.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Random question: at what point in the series did they pick up plug n play support for controllers on PC?

• 1Dislike

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m totally engrossed in the game the same way I was in Odyssey. These games just do it for me.

12 hours in and still in Norway. I am at the quest to leave though, but I still have the top high level region to explore and get all the glowy thingies. I got everything in the southern region.

I’m enjoying the story so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Go to England and unlock a few new things. You can pop back to Norway anytime with fast travel via the world map and the "atlas" button

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I could have sworn this game was supposed to be full on co-op. Did they abandon that idea at some point and I didn’t get the memo or am I just misremembering entirely?

spronk

FPS noob
wow this dude said he liked Avengers more than valhalla, thats nuts.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Random question: at what point in the series did they pick up plug n play support for controllers on PC?
No idea, but I'm very glad I can just plug-in my DS4 and it works perfectly.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else want to play this but refusing until they beat AC:Odyssey?

I've beaten all of the ACs at this point (except those 3 weird side-scrolling ones) so I have no issue going on to this one. However before that was the case, yeah, I was in exactly the same boat. Except it was Odyssey that I wanted to play but not until I finished Origins. I got through Origins well after Odyssey was already out, then Odyssey after that (no new AC game that year helped).

I do have this issue with the Zelda series. I refuse to play Breath of the Wild until I play through Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword first, since I finished every other Zelda game except those two before BOTW existed. Problem is, I dislike motion controls, so neither of them are appealing to me to even start. Oh well.

• 1Like