2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The 9ers/lions game got pretty stupid in the 4th quarter. I was susprised how well the O-line held up for the Lions, even without Kinlaw but it was great to see Bosa back and looking good. The Verrett injury hurts bad. Best player on the worst part of the team. When he went out Jared Goff started to look like Matt Stafford. Thank god they picked up Josh Norman and Mosely is nearly back. I don't like the idea of signing Richard Sherman but considering the lack of depth in the secondary it might make sense. Hopefully after his "incident" his price is a bit lower than it was and who knows where his head is at now. He did not play well last year but it's hard to say how much of that was due to injury.

Kittle was also looking like himself although he didn't have a lot of targets but when he did he was a man among boys in the secondary. I hope that shit doesn't shorten his career but it sure is fun to watch. Deebo looked like a stud until he fumbled on the play that should have ended the game. I almost shit my pants when that happened. I wonder what's going on with Aiyuk. Shanahan said they are just being careful with his hamstring rehab but having him return a kickoff doesn't really jive with that. I get the impression he was coasting toward the end of camp where Sherfield was kicking ass and Shanahan is letting him know he needs to step up his effort.

Garoppolo looked like his normal mediocre self but he played well. I think he got lucky on the touchdown to Deebo but it was a thing of beauty. I don't know where he got his rep for pinpoint accuracy but he sure puts a lot of balls high and behind his receivers. Lance didn't show much but you can't really expect him to in only 3 plays. Cool that his first pass in the NFL was a TD though. It sort of felt like Shanahan just put him in there because he wants to keep future defenses guessing more than that there was a real plan but maybe Lance just didn't succeed on the two running snaps he took.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If Rodgers plan is to torpedo the packers(and himself somewhat) he was fucking outstanding

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The most polarizing play from that Chiefs game:

Browns fans:
- Chiefs coach should have been ejected, not Harrison
- He wasn't stepping on the guy he was shoved

Everyone else:
- Why did he try and walk through 2-3 people, creating the entire situation?

I think Harrison was either trying to get into the face of 52, or step on Edwards-Helaire. Neither are smart decisions, followed by his worst and final decision of the day which was retaliating on the coach who pushed him off the player he was stepping on.

Think Harrison could see a fine, but little else will come of any of this.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Packers should have traded him away this offseason and got a kings ransom for him.

Edit: Also, people are fucking terrible

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hot take….he is doing this to get them the #1 pick and top QB in the draft

It's hard to think he would really do that but the Love pick instead of a player that would actually contribute is some baffling shit and certainly what this all boils down to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This shit is legit making me not as excited for the season, and just holding my breath for the next injury.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
At least your RB made it to week one. Camp injuries for the lose.
And exactly 4 plays. Would rather lose him in camp and replace him before the season starts.

At this point for the 49ers it is the end of the road for Mostert. No reason (barring more RB injuries) to bring him back mid season, and he is already 29 so no way they are bringing him back next year.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And exactly 4 plays. Would rather lose him in camp and replace him before the season starts.

At this point for the 49ers it is the end of the road for Mostert. No reason (barring more RB injuries) to bring him back mid season, and he is already 29 so no way they are bringing him back next year.
I liked what I saw out of Mitchell. As long as he continues to play like that, I won't miss Mostert that much.

I actually feel pretty good about our offense, it's our defense that looks absolutely baffled. Having to score 30+ every fucking game just gets exhausting and doesn't lead to much success later on. Ask the 2011 Saints about that.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I suppose that is true, but there are still issues that concern me. Such as Aiyuk going from having such a strong season last year, what appeared to be a great camp early on, and now suddenly in the doghouse. Spending a 2nd round pick on a Guard who couldn't even get into the starting lineup, instead of using that pick on a CB which was clearly a much greater need.

The 49ers defense is THIN. If they can keep everyone from here on out with zero injuries, they may be able to stay around a top 15 defense. The chances of the 49ers defense sustaining zero injuries the rest of the way? Slim to none is my guess.

Hopefully the offense can carry them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I’d forgotten till just now but “Monday Night Football MegaCast” premiere is on ESPN2 tonight, in case others had forgotten as well

• 2Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
EB8455F1-D130-4AEE-AEC9-72413A4AF5D6.jpeg

I can’t make this up.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users