2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, but even playing on Sunday they still get the shaft by a day

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Edit: Miami has allowed QB pressure on 55% of passing plays. Highest in the league (Jets are next at 49%)

Tua is going to get Carr'd. Miami has started 46 Offensive line players in the last 10 seasons, which is the highest of all teams in that span. At least Tannehill had the size to absorb over 200 sacks before a season ending ACL injury. Dude was pissing blood after some games but came out to play the next week.

Miami can't evaluate o-line talent, nor develop o-line talent. The ones we do, get traded or were misused; Billy Turner was cut 2 years ago, and PFF scored him a 72 this season so far with the Packers. There's literally a rookie guard that Las Vegas signed off our practice squad that scored a fucking 82.

The whole Miami O-line (starting 5) salary this year is 8 million. Our two starting CB's, Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, EACH make 16 million a year.

Just watch the first minute of this. The o-line is so, so bad:
The defense is top notch, but the offense being this bad could sink Flores (eventually) despite how much everyone likes him. We have 2 first year co-OC's, and a first year Offensive Line coach. With a defensive minded head coach. Not ideal. Sean McDermott has Brian Daboll and Leslie Frazier as OC/DC; they aren't screwing around with their playoff window, letting his buddies try the job out. They went out and got proven commodities for those positions.

That said, I'm leaning towards Tua not working out because I'm not seeing his improvement between the ears. A wonderlic score of 13 isn't the end of the world (Janitors score an average of 14, btw). But now we have: not known for intelligence, undersized, "accurate" but not known for arm strength. He has leadership and high character though, so yay? Tua got murdered not just because his o-line didnt understand the protection, but neither did he.

The game this Sunday won't be highly televised, but don't be surprised if the gamebreak on CBS cuts to inform you that Jacoby Brisset has died after being sacked by the Raiders 14 times in the first half.

Dave Hyde had an article calling out Grier. Basically said the Chargers with two 1st rounders in the last two years still drafted better than Miami with 5. I think it's too early to say that definitively but the Chargers have drafted really well the last few years and Miami's players are much slower to show results. I like Flores but he's on his 3rd OC and 3rd OL coach in three years. He may excel in certain scenarios but the team is only as good as the talent and coaching they receive;

Dolphins' Liam Eichenberg using flash cards to try to master tackle and guard . How the fuck is a 2nd round rookie supposed to learn if you don't even understand what position you want him to play? Sounds idiotic to me. You draft OL in the early rounds for a set position not as a filler piece. It really looks like the OL have no clue WTF they are doing and that's on coaching.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Dave Hyde had an article calling out Grier. Basically said the Chargers with two 1st rounders in the last two years still drafted better than Miami with 5. I think it's too early to say that definitively but the Chargers have drafted really well the last few years and Miami's players are much slower to show results. I like Flores but he's on his 3rd OC and 3rd OL coach in three years. He may excel in certain scenarios but the team is only as good as the talent and coaching they receive;

Dolphins' Liam Eichenberg using flash cards to try to master tackle and guard . How the fuck is a 2nd round rookie supposed to learn if you don't even understand what position you want him to play? Sounds idiotic to me. You draft OL in the early rounds for a set position not as a filler piece. It really looks like the OL have no clue WTF they are doing and that's on coaching.
I kind of hope the Raiders dominate because shuffling these guys around is straight up stupid. Apparently getting embarrassed 35-0 wasnt enough to get the message across to the coaches.

Don't know what else to say about Chris Grier. Maybe he's one of those guys that thinks they're smarter than everyone else and has to try and prove it. Nah dude; when nearly everyone says Penei Sewell is a generational talent...they might be on to something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I have no idea what Miami is doing with it's line. I mean you have to make the Tunsil trade, but holy shit it's been mostly a mess for decades. They just can't put together a full group. you have years with 1 or 2 good players but it's never complete. Shameful.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
The Raiders should be able to feast on a Miami o-line that's giving up the booty fairly easily but no Raider fan can rest easy because Raiders like to play with peoples emotions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Picked up Raiders D in both my fantasy leagues. I hope they crush them this week.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Miami in fantasy might be like Jacksonville years ago when you can stream any defense against them every week - no matter how good that defense actually is.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL

Edit: Here's the whole picture so you don't have to go to Twitter.

1632522967011.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Fadaar

That guy
To be fair, Manning was kinda done when he won that Broncos Super Bowl. He was way better in previous years.

yeah he went from the Peyton Manning of old to noodle arm in the span of one offseason. like.... really really jarring.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think The Jets really didn't give Gase enough time to excel. I think another two years would have gotten them to the promised land.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I actually find this to be, potentially, a really cool idea.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If Apple got that and redzone somehow it would be the all in one perfection.

Fadaar

That guy
NFL could make so much fucking money if they just developed some sort of streaming app themselves

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
NFL could make so much fucking money if they just developed some sort of streaming app themselves
Right. It sucks you can’t just subscribe to stream the games or get redzone without buying 10 other streaming services first.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Right. It sucks you can’t just subscribe to stream the games or get redzone without buying 10 other streaming services first.
Which is why I will continue to use an IPTV service until they offer something like this.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity