2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Soooo, the Raiders organization was so inept they didn't even change plays when a head coach leaves, but the real problem was the head coach that left. Thank God that dude is gone! Team is probably better for it!

And the Raiders loss in 2002 was due to a ton of crazy reasons, but their playoff loss to the Pats in 2001? Nope, no crazy reasons there with the tuck rule bullshit and the Pats plowing the fucking field for the FG. Problem all along was Gruden was stifling the genius that was Rich Gannon!

Gannon, who had a career year after Gruden left, still using Gruden's system and losing the Superbowl in part because they didn't even change from Gruden's plays.

I dunno, I'm not convinced. Seems to me Gruden was one of the only bright spots in a long time of Raiders shitting the bed and they weren't better off without him then, nor will be now. We'll see, though. Carr might finally be unleashed without Gruden!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
What has Gruden gotten us in the 3 years hes been here. A mighty 8-8 record at best. Zero playoff appearances even tho its expanded to 7 teams now. Late season collapses in back to back years. Got rid of Mack when he said it wouldnt happen only to cry about how hard finding a pass rush is.

Oh maybe hes been drafting great with all the picks he had. Nope he really ain’t done much of jack shit there. Sorry I dont understand why you like Gruden so much because he sure as shit hasn’t done anything lately having full control of the organization making 10 million a year.

Im tired of losing and having Gruden be our anchor for another six years was a terrifying thought. I hope this leads to better things and if not well its no different then Gruden gave us and I will still roll with the Raiders patiently waiting.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There’s your record breaker

I was thinking it would have been nice to place a bet on there being at least one miss. But in reality, I bet the odds would have sucked.

I didn't get to watch it, how many misses were there total?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I also wonder if getting out of the contract early wasn't a strong factor.

If Mark Davis had those emails from day 1 and was sitting on them as a "get out of contract free" card if things didn't go well then he's a fucking genius. I doubt it, but that would be pretty funny.

And yeah Gruden is a retard for talking like that in email or anywhere else. It's been a long time since you could get away with that kind of thing in any kind of a professional environment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Woof. Jimmy G is just bad. I'm giving Lance a slight pass until he plays more, and the fact that he's a rookie.

It probably wouldn't be bad for Lance's development to let him sit for a couple more games after getting one start. We're only a couple of losses and a couple of injuries away from losing hope of going deep in the playoffs this year at which point you might as well focus on Lance's development. If Kyler Murray and Josh Allen are any indication, then the third season is how long it takes to go from being a talented but rough around the edges rookie to being a legit top 10 or even top 5 starter in the league. I just hope they can hold a good team together that long.

My DVR chose not to record the game this week so I missed Lance's first start. Sounds like the defense played great and the offense moved the ball but didn't manage to put points on the board. Kind of what you would expect I suppose.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And yeah Gruden is a retard for talking like that in email or anywhere else. It's been a long time since you could get away with that kind of thing in any kind of a professional environment.

Naw I tweeted that my CEO was a jogger faggot a couple years before I got hired and when he found he just high fived me was like "lol you got me bro".

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There are a lot of retards when it comes to email even today. Anyone that works in a professional setting has seen it and probably not that long ago. The hypocrisy of watching this after Sherman, Watson, and Gordon is God tier though. NFL just doing due diligence guys!!! Police didn’t get involved in those…oh,nvm.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What has Gruden gotten us in the 3 years hes been here. A mighty 8-8 record at best. Zero playoff appearances even tho its expanded to 7 teams now. Late season collapses in back to back years. Got rid of Mack when he said it wouldnt happen only to cry about how hard finding a pass rush is.

Oh maybe hes been drafting great with all the picks he had. Nope he really ain’t done much of jack shit there. Sorry I dont understand why you like Gruden so much because he sure as shit hasn’t done anything lately having full control of the organization making 10 million a year.

Im tired of losing and having Gruden be our anchor for another six years was a terrifying thought. I hope this leads to better things and if not well its no different then Gruden gave us and I will still roll with the Raiders patiently waiting.

There were flashes of promise since Gruden took over,. Talent wanted to play for them, etc. And the beginning of this season was really good. Then the Chargers exposed some of their weaknesses (although losing 2 cornerbacks really hurt).

I wasn't a fan of Gruden being hired, but was willing to give him some time. If Gruden had taken the raiders to the playoffs this season, and beat the chiefs at least once that would have been good enough for me to continue supporting him at least into next year.

Moot point now, he's gone and we're back to square one, again.

Gotta agree with Brutal though, sending work emails with that kind of crap is stupid. I hate cancel culture as much or more than anyone, but giving them low hanging fruit is just a recipe for disaster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The hypocrisy of watching this after Sherman, Watson, and Gordon is God tier though. NFL just doing due diligence guys!!! Police didn’t get involved in those…oh,nvm.

My girlfriend doesn't sports much, but she recognized Sherman the other day and was like "oh, he's still playing... Then who was the player from Seattle drunk and committing domestic violence." I informed her it was indeed Sherman. "But how can he still be playing....?"

laughter laughing GIF

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My girlfriend doesn't sports much, but she recognized Sherman the other day and was like "oh, he's still playing... Then who was the player from Seattle drunk and committing domestic violence." I informed her it was indeed Sherman. "But how can he still be playing....?"

laughter laughing GIF

To be fair, the NFL has never really cared about domestic abuse and sexual assault. Ray Rice is the only person I recall that even faced any real punishment. But that goes against your narrative.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Demoralized Raider fan. Hurts my heart, having lived it.

You're suffering from some pretty severe cognitive dissonance, Raiders-bro, if you think any main takeaway from my posts is just that I personally like Gruden so much. That's shifting blame and the argument to me personally because you can't reconcile the reality you're being faced with.

My personal feelings for Gruden aren't even relevant, but here's what I actually said on the topic:

I was never a big fan of Gruden, but it was never him holding the Raiders dysfunctional system back.

The Raiders as an organization is dysfunctional. Maybe in part due to their owner looking like a retarded adult from Deliverance who cuts his own hair with a dull steak knife. But it was still bad with his dad at the helm.

But the problem never was Gruden's coaching, nor his insensitive comments from when he wasn't even with the team or league, nor your completely manifested non-argument I just like Gruden so much.

The Raiders are dysfunctional and the NFL seems increasingly dysfunctional, too... Neither of those facts are solved by making an example out of Gruden for insensitive comments.

The woke NFL with the help of the woke NYT are purging anyone and everyone they want, in accordance to their woke ideology.

You say a dude has big lips and that's now racism. You say an allegedly straight guy is a faggot and that's now homophobia. Oh no, men in sports are using insensitive language, too problematic, shut it down!!!

Many of you are experiencing cognitive dissonance because you're trying to rationalize support for an organization that hates you. Your very existence on this forum is a cancellable offense to the woke mafia. Your race and gender may deem you born problematic to these people.

And they aren't trying to save football. They hate football. Because they hate you.

Look, I used to love football, but how much can you love something that requires you to hate yourselves?

• 2Moron

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like how popsicledeath popsicledeath hasn't posted in this thread all season and parachutes in as soon as there's a perceived injustice to the white man.

• 2Worf

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I wonder how pissed Gruden is at Bruce Allen - it was his work email that cost him millions in future earnings

• 4Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
hahahaaaa, oh look how wrong I was. Smith got re-elected and Gruden is gone

Smith was re-elected before your dumb ass even posted and you're an idiot because of your dumb as shit conspiracy theory.

Literally too retarded to understand that you're retarded

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Rumor mill is a buzz that the Bruce Allen emails has more spicy emails with people not named Jon Gruden involved. Goodells faggot ass is going to assassinate people with leaked emails who shit talked him. Jerry Jones is probably next.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get why all of a sudden this shit is "coming out". Where was it the last 7-10 years?

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I was just reading this:

funny to think people are trying to scrub shit after the fact. Imagine the other 31 teams doing a massive purge

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Rumor mill is a buzz that the Bruce Allen emails has more spicy emails with people not named Jon Gruden involved. Goodells faggot ass is going to assassinate people with leaked emails who shit talked him. Jerry Jones is probably next.

Good. Goodell is going to find out who really runs the NFL. Bout time his ass got the boot. Even if I'm wrong, it's a no-lose situation for the cowboy fans.

I'm officially pissed at gruden now. Sports has been on in the background all day and I am sick and fucking tired of hearing every black commentator's hot take on this shit followed by every white commentator's mewling. Especially not when there's a real NFL story to cover with all these missed kicks.

I'm going to watch some westerns.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The year is 2025, every football coach has been fired after grade school insults have surfaced and replaced by nuns who have never cast a stone. Tackling and then two hand touch has been outlawed as it is too sinful so you merely need to bring up a past transgression by the ball carrier to bring the play to a halt. People will then kneel to BLM and ask for forgiveness before the next play can begin.

Brought to you buy Nike, Coca Cola, and Pfizer!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity