2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Exactly. Foles was a 2 yard Atlanta TD away from never being heard from again (in any meaningful way). Instead, he played 2 amazing games after that and is a Philly legend for all time.

Yep. Usually the best way to win a SB though is to have an awesome defense and a QB who is at least good enough to get some points and not turn it over. Trent Dilfer comes to mind. Even Payton Manning at the end of his career was more a game manager. His best days behind him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont think the 49ers are drafting Fields. In fact I dont think he goes in the top 10.

I hope Im wrong as he seems like a good kid.

So it will either be Lance or Jones at 3 IMO. Id honestly rather the 49ers draft Lance. If he turns out to be a bust it was worth a shot, rather than trying to give up all that draft capital for a fat kirk Cousins.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Heard somebody yesterday talking about how Lance's football IQ is really high, but maybe Jones is some kind of off the charts genius like Peyton Manning or something. Really the draft can't come soon enough. The speculation just keeps getting wilder and wilder.

Really seems like Lance has the best shot of the 3 at becoming the next Mahomes or Allen but in reality there's only so many of those guys in the world at any one time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think you are smoking crack if you don't think Fields goes in the top 10

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think you are smoking crack if you don't think Fields goes in the top 10

Fields not going at #3 would be the type of thing that would increase trade offers to teams like Atlanta or ones behind them if they were to just draft Pitts.

• 1Like

Animosity

Fields will definitely go in the top 10. He will probably just be the last of the 4 to be drafted now with the seizure issue. If he’s there at 4, so many teams will be calling to trade up.

Jozu

Someone will trade up if Fields falls I guess, but they will be taking a chance.

Maybe the seizure thing is just bullshit.

My point was that the 49ers most likely will not be selecting him at 3.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, Fields falling out of the top 10 is very unlikely. It is interesting that he went from pretty universally held as the 2nd QB to likely the 4th or 5th QB taken.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Seizures in the CTE league might make people pass on him. I wouldn't want to draft the kid.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm not saying he's not the GOAT but

Yeah and him snatching balls out of the air isn't even what made him the GOAT. It was the yards after the catch.

Trauma can also trigger an episode. So, if he gets hit hard he could have a seizure on the field.

Yeah, this is why I'm hoping the redskins wind up with him. Even better if they trade up for him. Imagine him taking a huge sack and going into a seizure. It would be horrible. But also awesome if he was wearing a redskins jersey.

Trauma, stress, flashing lights. There's tons of shit that can trigger a seizure and happens every week in a PRO football game but necessarily in a college game.

If he doesn't become a redskin I wish him good luck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jozu

Honestly, the NFL doesn't want that more than any team. Imagine the morning sports news the following day.

"Rookie QB has horrible seizure on the field after huge hit!"

Remember when that Texans QB got blasted and seized up ?

Now picture a full blown swallowing my tongue type episode?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm kind of surprised people with epilepsy are allowed to play at the high school(can they?) and college level, maybe I just don't know enough about it. I do remember witnessing some seizures in middle school, shit was scary just to see.

• 1Like

Jozu

Rich Eisen saying the 49ers were taking Lance at 3 all along. The reason why they traded up so high and gave up so much if they were going to target Lance is unknown, maybe they covet him that highly and werent taking a chance on someone taking him at picks 1 through 11.

Would they have got Lance at 12? Probably not. Maybe they just couldnt trade into the 4 5 6 or 7 positions or whatever and could only get in at 3. Who knows, but Ill be happy as fuck if they take Lance. if they take Jones im out.

Sterling

El Presidente
i mean they may not have gotten lance even if they had traded to like 4 or later anyways, if someone else traded up to 3.

• 1Like

Jozu

Would anyone here be happy trading 3 first round picks for Trevor Lawrence nevermind a shot at the other QBs?

I convinced myself I would have been ok with it if they took Wilson, so I imagine Lawrence would be worth it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
1619310524083.jpeg

I feel like this has been posted, but it's still funny as fuck.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Rich Eisen saying the 49ers were taking Lance at 3 all along. The reason why they traded up so high and gave up so much if they were going to target Lance is unknown, maybe they covet him that highly and werent taking a chance on someone taking him at picks 1 through 11.

Would they have got Lance at 12? Probably not. Maybe they just couldnt trade into the 4 5 6 or 7 positions or whatever and could only get in at 3. Who knows, but Ill be happy as fuck if they take Lance. if they take Jones im out.
Anyone stating for a fact what the 49ers after doing is full off shit. It's all speculation and I guarantee they haven't told anyone.

I won't be out if it's Jones, as I think Shanahan can probably do just fine with him. I will however be super disappointed as he clearly has the lowest ceiling of the QBs in the draft.

Part of me is hoping the Jets love Lance and the 49ers get Wilson

• 1Like