2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whichever photographer got that shot of Eli is a fucking legend forever.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Latest rumor is Niners are just deciding between Lance and Jones. Lynch supposedly wants Lance.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea It might very well be lance.

Why would you want to draft a Kirk Cousins type when you could draft the next Mahomes potentially, the same guy who just fucked you in the SB a couple years ago.

Fields wont drop out of the top 10, but he is no doubt dropping to at least 7. No way the Falcons pass on Pitts and trade out IMO, so the Lions at 7 arent going QB and would be willing trade partners. I can see Fields going 7 to NE or whoever trades up.

Edit: anyone else notice how much Shanahan has aged over the last 4 years? His first year after the crushing sb loss to the patriots, he still looked young and fresh. He was excited for a hc gig and optimistic.

Now another sb loss and injury riddled, losing seasons later he looks old and ragged. His beard is basically full grey now, the league has really took its toll.

Goes to show how tough head coaching position truly is. Lynch meanwhile looks better than ever.

Last edited:

gak

<Gold Donor>

Epilepsy sucks, hopefully he does outgrow it and doesn't have to deal with it forever
fast-times.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Imagine Justin Fields' touchdown celebration was him flopping over and fake seize up? Then he pops up and high fives his teammates. LMAO.

Would be even better if he did it against a team that passed on him as a massive fuck you lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Merrith

Yea It might very well be lance.

Why would you want to draft a Kirk Cousins type when you could draft the next Mahomes potentially, the same guy who just fucked you in the SB a couple years ago.

Fields wont drop out of the top 10, but he is no doubt dropping to at least 7. No way the Falcons pass on Pitts and trade out IMO, so the Lions at 7 arent going QB and would be willing trade partners. I can see Fields going 7 to NE or whoever trades up.

Edit: anyone else notice how much Shanahan has aged over the last 4 years? His first year after the crushing sb loss to the patriots, he still looked young and fresh. He was excited for a hc gig and optimistic.

Now another sb loss and injury riddled, losing seasons later he looks old and ragged. His beard is basically full grey now, the league has really took its toll.

Goes to show how tough head coaching position truly is. Lynch meanwhile looks better than ever.

Atlanta could easily trade out, just depends what kind of price it gets driven up to. If the 49ers take Jones, I'd bet the chance they trade out goes up (although not guaranteed), just because with both Lance and Fields still available, you might see more teams try to get one or the other.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would not be 100% certain the Falcons or Lions pass on QBs.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would not be 100% certain the Falcons or Lions pass on QBs.

Would be beyond stupid to pass on a Qb if you think he could be a 10+ year starter just because you have a 35+ Qb on a shitty contract.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Would be beyond stupid to pass on a Qb if you think he could be a 10+ year starter just because you have a 35+ Qb on a shitty contract.
I agree. I think its less likely for the Falcons given the years left on Matty Ices contract but they are also in cap hell and he is getting old. So it would not surprise me if they think they can get their guy.

I would not be the least bit shocked if the Lions did. I doubt anyone sees Goff as a franchise QB.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree. I think its less likely for the Falcons given the years left on Matty Ices contract but they are also in cap hell and he is getting old. So it would not surprise me if they think they can get their guy.

I would not be the least bit shocked if the Lions did. I doubt anyone sees Goff as a franchise QB.
If Lance is there and they view him highly, it would be an ideal situation for him. Sit for a year or two and then start for a team with some weapons. If they can unload Jones for a first or more, they should pull the trigger. Just commit to rebuilding these next 2 seasons and be ready for your young Qb to take over in a good situation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If Lance is there and they view him highly, it would be an ideal situation for him. Sit for a year or two and then start for a team with some weapons. If they can unload Jones for a first or more, they should pull the trigger. Just commit to rebuilding these next 2 seasons and be ready for your young Qb to take over in a good situation.
I completely agree. I think a lot of teams will want Jones too. They shouls be able to get a good value for him.

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I consume a lot of NFL content, and I read a ton, especially the 49ers. When the 49ers moved up to 3rd and everyone was talking about Mac Jones, I automatically dismissed it. I consider Shanahan an extremely smart coach, especially on the offensive side of the bal. And it was impossible for me to come to grips with him thinking that Mac Jones, the far and away least athletic of the 5 top QBs, was the answer at QB for them. The same coach who has to see Wilson twice a year, Murray, and then got beat in the Super Bowl by Mahommes, somehow believes that Jones is the answer. I just refused to believe it.

But after that press conference yesterday, it just feels like he really is going that way. If they do in fact take Jones 3rd, it is going to show some serious arrogance from Shanahan in my opinion. It will be him saying "I know my system and if you can just give me a QB who can function within it, we can win". I don't know what about the press conference yesterday pushed me that way, it's just his defensiveness in some of the answers I guess. I continue to hold out hope that it isn't Jones, even though I honestly think Jones will do just fine in Shanahan's system. It is really all about the potential of Lance and Fields, and how much they paid to move up to it that would bum me out.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there for no real reason as we all look forward to Thursday.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I consume a lot of NFL content, and I read a ton, especially the 49ers. When the 49ers moved up to 3rd and everyone was talking about Mac Jones, I automatically dismissed it. I consider Shanahan an extremely smart coach, especially on the offensive side of the bal. And it was impossible for me to come to grips with him thinking that Mac Jones, the far and away least athletic of the 5 top QBs, was the answer at QB for them. The same coach who has to see Wilson twice a year, Murray, and then got beat in the Super Bowl by Mahommes, somehow believes that Jones is the answer. I just refused to believe it.

But after that press conference yesterday, it just feels like he really is going that way. If they do in fact take Jones 3rd, it is going to show some serious arrogance from Shanahan in my opinion. It will be him saying "I know my system and if you can just give me a QB who can function within it, we can win". I don't know what about the press conference yesterday pushed me that way, it's just his defensiveness in some of the answers I guess. I continue to hold out hope that it isn't Jones, even though I honestly think Jones will do just fine in Shanahan's system. It is really all about the potential of Lance and Fields, and how much they paid to move up to it that would bum me out.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there for no real reason as we all look forward to Thursday.

Sometimes the right system is all it takes. I don't know anything about Jones as I don't follow college ball at all. That said, there are a bunch of players that are considered 'stars' in this league that I believe 100% would not even still be in the NFL if their first coach had not been Pete Carroll. /shrug just some random thoughts

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes the right system is all it takes. I don't know anything about Jones as I don't follow college ball at all. That said, there are a bunch of players that are considered 'stars' in this league that I believe 100% would not even still be in the NFL if their first coach had not been Pete Carroll. /shrug just some random thoughts

Shut up and just let Russ cook.

Ameraves Ameraves , I really hope you’re right and not because I think he’d suck. If he goes at 3, someone will want Lance at 4.

• 2Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Call me crazy but I would be very hesitant to invest heavily in a Qb whose only good season was during COVID with no fans and depleted teams.

• 1Like